PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ageesm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Hey Everyone,

I was having some issues with the last MaxSense ROM so i decided to flash the newest ROM.

I flashed to stock, ran task29, flashed the newest ROM, and now i cannot make a call. I was getting the "cannot complete the call. Signal may be unavailable" message, but now i hit talk and it simply doesnt connect, and drops the call.

Any ideas?
Sounds like you need to activate through verizion. Dial *228 and chose the first option, or like I do, I just dial *22899 and it activates on the network and updates the prl.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I was having some issues with the last MaxSense ROM so i decided to flash the newest ROM.

I flashed to stock, ran task29, flashed the newest ROM, and now i cannot make a call. I was getting the "cannot complete the call. Signal may be unavailable" message, but now i hit talk and it simply doesnt connect, and drops the call.

Any ideas?
By chance did you see if the stock rom worked fine before moving to the next step? Did you provision the phone after flashing to the newest rom? Did you *228 after flashing to the rom? If anything I would flash back to stock to make sure things run fine on that rom and then flash back to NRG, I'm a sprint user so that's about all I can recommend.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageesm View Post
Sounds like you need to activate through verizion. Dial *228 and chose the first option, or like I do, I just dial *22899 and it activates on the network and updates the prl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
By chance did you see if the stock rom worked fine before moving to the next step? Did you provision the phone after flashing to the newest rom? Did you *228 after flashing to the rom? If anything I would flash back to stock to make sure things run fine on that rom and then flash back to NRG, I'm a sprint user so that's about all I can recommend.
Even when i dial *228 it just says connected for .00 seconds and then beeps and doesnt connect. I did check the stock ROM, and it was doing the same thing. I'm going to try changing the radio, and if that doesnt work, I've got to drive about 25 min south to catch the nearest Verizon tower to program.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
I have been using Buru's procedure and works great for me but only at 710. Above that is SOD.

Anyhow, I will test yours as well and try it out. If it works as described, I'll add it in this thread made for TP2 CDMA here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...80#post1883080

it is the same one as NetRipper but here on TP2 PPCGeeks after his authorization was accepted since not everyone here is on XDA.
Yeah Buru's guide is nearly dummy proof and works great with our device to utilize the overclocking feature without getting the SOD after the phone's display and sleep feature initiate. The only problem with the script he provided is that it only changes the frequency to 604 right before the sleep state and when you wake the phone up it is at the 604 mhz and you have to open the overclocking utility to up the speed again each time which is annoying. The newer script by jpc073 I used in place of the one you can download in Buru's guide and now I don't get the SOD at all AND when I wake my phone up it is always running at 729mhz. Which means ideally that anytime you are using the phone and the screen is on your processor is overclocked! Now all TP2's are not made the same so the overclocking magic number for what frequency is stable may be different for everyone. Within the link I provided for jpc072's mortscript you can easily edit the text and change the value for what your magic number is. You said your magic number was 710 so when you look at the script in a text document you can see the value chart for the frequencies and you know that the number 37=710. So change the 'start_speed' and the 'boost_speed' numberic values in the following code to '37'( or whatever your magic number is without quotes)

If (Start<>0)
start_speed=Start
Else
start_speed=40
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "AutoPerformanceLevel", start_speed)
EndIf

If (Boost<>0)
boost_speed=Boost
Else
boost_speed=38
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "BoostSpeed", boost_speed)
EndIf

The most important thing is making sure in jpc073 script that you lead it to the right path to prevent the SOD in DispOn. You have to find DispOn within your registry and change it while the script is in your notepad at this part of the script if it's different for you:

reg_root_bkl = "HKCU"
reg_key_bkl = "ControlPanel\BackLight"
reg_val_bkl = "DispOn"

Hope this helps but on both Big's and NRG's this works absolutely flawlessly for me.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 07-26-2010 at 03:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Yeah like they said it's an easy fix, I understand Dave's frustration as I have answered this quiet a few times myself, but at least you tried to do a search on it, but from now on to help you out if you at least read the OPs <original poster> first few posts you'll see some of the issues, fixes and cabs for the ROM, and I would advise reading the last 5-10 pages so you know how the ROM is running and what issues everyone is having. Now to answer your question you need the sprint keyboard fix with is on the first page within the first couple of posts, download that, install, soft reset phone and type away.

Heh heh heh.... I was going to point out HOW MANY times you have answered it. And very patiently I might add.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Even when i dial *228 it just says connected for .00 seconds and then beeps and doesnt connect. I did check the stock ROM, and it was doing the same thing. I'm going to try changing the radio, and if that doesnt work, I've got to drive about 25 min south to catch the nearest Verizon tower to program.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sounds like to me that something is wrong with Verizon and not the phone or radio, because when you flash to the stock rom it should reset your radio and prl back to what came with the stock rom, can you check another Verizon phone and see if they are having issues?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

BFEHB is just getting started
Re: Data Connection Error of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I would start by going back to the original radio for your phone.

After you do that try Start > Tools > Carrier Provisioning > Verizon and see if that helps.

If all else fails, flash back to stock rom to make sure your phone is ok before you return it.

and NEVER tell tech support you are running a non-standard ROM. Warranty orn not, you will be stuch with it and tech support will no longer help you.

David
David,

Thank you for the help. I ended up flashing back to the stock rom, calling Verizon to reset the A-key and everything is back to normal. The sad part is that going back to the stock rom from the energy rom is like going from a Ferrari to a Prius. The functionality, the look, the feel is just awful on the stock rom's and Energy was soooo pretty and nice. I don't know whether to try flashing another Energy ROM or just hang with the stock rom for a bit.

I did notice that the June 11th energy rom I flashed had a useful utility program that helped to flash using activesync whereas the newer ones appear to require a person to flash from the Micro SD card. I don't have a Micro SD reader (my computer, like its' owner is old), so I cannot format the SD card. Am I correct in that the newer roms cannot be flashed using ActiveSync?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Heh heh heh.... I was going to point out HOW MANY times you have answered it. And very patiently I might add.

David
lmfao yeah we have answered that question quiet a few times and I have a feeling that it's going to be many more times, to bad we don't have enough space in the signature to put that write-up you did in there, maybe you need to save that in a text document and post that to each new page so that it gets seen on each page lol.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Re: Data Connection Error of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEHB View Post
David,

Thank you for the help. I ended up flashing back to the stock rom, calling Verizon to reset the A-key and everything is back to normal. The sad part is that going back to the stock rom from the energy rom is like going from a Ferrari to a Prius. The functionality, the look, the feel is just awful on the stock rom's and Energy was soooo pretty and nice. I don't know whether to try flashing another Energy ROM or just hang with the stock rom for a bit.

I did notice that the June 11th energy rom I flashed had a useful utility program that helped to flash using activesync whereas the newer ones appear to require a person to flash from the Micro SD card. I don't have a Micro SD reader (my computer, like its' owner is old), so I cannot format the SD card. Am I correct in that the newer roms cannot be flashed using ActiveSync?
Ok, thats good as it rules out any problems with your phone. Since I'm on Sprint, I really can't say which of the NRG ROM's are working best for the Verizon users but you can look back the last 20 or so pages and see what the people that are using verizon (indicated below their avatars) are saying about the ROM. AFAIK, most of them are happy and its possible that you just had a bad flash.

If you havn't done so (and Kiowa suggested it) go back to the stock radio and PRL too. Use your phone a little and then try re-downloading the rom and flash again.

Hope that helps.

David
Old 07-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
lmfao yeah we have answered that question quiet a few times and I have a feeling that it's going to be many more times, to bad we don't have enough space in the signature to put that write-up you did in there, maybe you need to save that in a text document and post that to each new page so that it gets seen on each page lol.
I added the links to my sig line in hopes that they help too.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development