PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Connection Error of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEHB View Post
David,

Thank you for the help. I ended up flashing back to the stock rom, calling Verizon to reset the A-key and everything is back to normal. The sad part is that going back to the stock rom from the energy rom is like going from a Ferrari to a Prius. The functionality, the look, the feel is just awful on the stock rom's and Energy was soooo pretty and nice. I don't know whether to try flashing another Energy ROM or just hang with the stock rom for a bit.

I did notice that the June 11th energy rom I flashed had a useful utility program that helped to flash using activesync whereas the newer ones appear to require a person to flash from the Micro SD card. I don't have a Micro SD reader (my computer, like its' owner is old), so I cannot format the SD card. Am I correct in that the newer roms cannot be flashed using ActiveSync?
I know you asked Dave as he's a big help around here, but I'm bored so I'm going to jump in here also lol. You can flash from the SD card while it's installed in the phone or by activesync. The cab to install to flash from the SD card while it's in the phone is called "mobile flasher", I believe it's in the add on's folder on the first page, and I know it's in the paperclip for the thread, I could upload it but no sense in that when it's been uploaded many times already, but if you're interested in that and can't find it just let us know and we'll give you the link. For SD card flashing just put the .nbh file on the top level of your SD card and then start the mobile flash program and flash away.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

masterhoss56 is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

On the 6/24 23673 Max ROM, does anyone know how to change the device unlock screen to the default Windows version? The Manila unlock screen is preventing me from seeing the unlock screen upon device boot.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

ageesm is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
Even when i dial *228 it just says connected for .00 seconds and then beeps and doesnt connect. I did check the stock ROM, and it was doing the same thing. I'm going to try changing the radio, and if that doesnt work, I've got to drive about 25 min south to catch the nearest Verizon tower to program.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I had a similar issue, but I could make phone calls my phone just would not authenticate to connect to data whatsoever. The only way I fixed it was similar to BFEHB's post above calling Verizon and getting the A-Key reset, I am not 100% if this is the cause of your problem or not, but if nothing else works it may be another option.

I also accomplished this by activating an older phone on my line waiting about 10 minutes and then switching back, effectively doing the same thing calling Verizon would do.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo
Carrier: tmo

freshpl is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Go up one level to where you clicked the link to get in this thread, look off to the right side of the thread name and you will see a paperclip icon, click that and it will show all the things that have been uploaded to this thread, look for the wi-fi in standby cab and download and install that.

To change how your phone acts when you receive a call go here start>settings>sounds and notifications>at the top press the arrow to the right to go to notifications>then look for ring type and change it there.

Settings>personal>phone>

The ring type was other vibrate then ring if i touched the phone it went back to vibrate really weird...I set to ring now it only rings
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

BumRush37 is a n00b

Help please...

I'm using the July 24 Cookie 23673 rom and I can't figure out how to replace the time with the task manager icon in the task bar (like in the 21911 rom). Can someone help me out please? Thx in advance!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Yeah Buru's guide is nearly dummy proof and works great with our device to utilize the overclocking feature without getting the SOD after the phone's display and sleep feature initiate. The only problem with the script he provided is that it only changes the frequency to 604 right before the sleep state and when you wake the phone up it is at the 604 mhz and you have to open the overclocking utility to up the speed again each time which is annoying. The newer script by jpc073 I used in place of the one you can download in Buru's guide and now I don't get the SOD at all AND when I wake my phone up it is always running at 729mhz. Which means ideally that anytime you are using the phone and the screen is on your processor is overclocked! Now all TP2's are not made the same so the overclocking magic number for what frequency is stable may be different for everyone. Within the link I provided for jpc072's mortscript you can easily edit the text and change the value for what your magic number is. You said your magic number was 710 so when you look at the script in a text document you can see the value chart for the frequencies and you know that the number 37=710. So change the 'start_speed' and the 'boost_speed' numberic values in the following code to '37'( or whatever your magic number is without quotes)

If (Start<>0)
start_speed=Start
Else
start_speed=40
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "AutoPerformanceLevel", start_speed)
EndIf

If (Boost<>0)
boost_speed=Boost
Else
boost_speed=38
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "BoostSpeed", boost_speed)
EndIf

The most important thing is making sure in jpc073 script that you lead it to the right path to prevent the SOD in DispOn. You have to find DispOn within your registry and change it while the script is in your notepad at this part of the script if it's different for you:

reg_root_bkl = "HKCU"
reg_key_bkl = "ControlPanel\BackLight"
reg_val_bkl = "DispOn"

Hope this helps but on both Big's and NRG's this works absolutely flawlessly for me.
Thank you for the in depth info.
So if 729 and 768 are working for you with JPC script, then I will try them as I am using NRJ GTX.
Will try all that and report back.
Will link JPC and your previous post to my thread rregarding CDMA TP2 OC if all goes ok.

Last edited by bteljuice; 07-26-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b

Does anyone know if Slacker Radio works with this ROM? I've loaded it but I get error 447. I looked in their forums and it sounds like the WinMo app development is dead. Just thought I'd ask if anyone has it working or not as it looks like it needs Flash.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfA View Post
Does anyone know if Slacker Radio works with this ROM? I've loaded it but I get error 447. I looked in their forums and it sounds like the WinMo app development is dead. Just thought I'd ask if anyone has it working or not as it looks like it needs Flash.
I use slacker radio often and it works fine for me. At first run it checks for updates, maybe the version u r running needs to be updated. If u cant get ur cab to work I'll post mine that will definitely work
Attached Files
File Type: cab SlackerRadio.CAB (796.5 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 07-26-2010 at 07:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageesm View Post
I had a similar issue, but I could make phone calls my phone just would not authenticate to connect to data whatsoever. The only way I fixed it was similar to BFEHB's post above calling Verizon and getting the A-Key reset, I am not 100% if this is the cause of your problem or not, but if nothing else works it may be another option.

I also accomplished this by activating an older phone on my line waiting about 10 minutes and then switching back, effectively doing the same thing calling Verizon would do.
I finally called verizon and asked them to help me manually program my phone. I guess flashing to stock resets NAM/EPST settings. I called verizon and they had set the MIN1, MIN2, HOMESID/NID. That seemed to do the trick.

The OTA programmign wasnt working because i could not register on a Verizon tower.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:47 PM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I use slacker radio often and it works fine for me. At first run it checks for updates, maybe the version u r running needs to be updated. If u cant get ur cab to work I'll post mine that will definitely work
Thanks, I went to the website and installed v1.0.154. When I go to select a station I get "Ooops! Something went wrong (error 447). Skip to the next track."

I'm in Canada though and I saw that you have to register to use the pro version of it so I'll try that tonight and see if that works.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development