PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21751 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 AM
BFEHB's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Reputation: 20
BFEHB is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Connection Error of Death

I have the Sense 2.5 Cookie June 11th ROM installed on my phone and initially I really, thoroughly enjoyed it! Unfortunately (after about a month or so), it started to progressively become more and more problematic and seemingly unstable with lockups. Finally, one day the phone just stopped working: I could not get any key to work including the power button. I pulled the battery to see if that would help, it did not.

So, I entered bootloader mode and reinstalled the ROM. I called the Verizon *228 number to get the phone set up again with Verizon. Everything seemed okay, except that I could not get the Data Connection to work, even the toggle button produced either an Error 8 or Error 11 message. I called Verizon and had them reset the A-key, as was suggested on the forum here, no joy! I have reinstalled the ROM with the Airplane Mode turned On, no joy! I have made sure the user name and pw are correct. No luck!

Verizon has no idea what to do and suggested that they would ship a new phone, which is nice and all but.... I would have to reinstall the original ROM, figure out how to relock the phone, radio and SIM card and hope that I do it correctly so as to not void the warranty.

I know that there are other folks that have had the data connection error (I have followed what I believe to be all the suggested steps to resolving this issue) and I was wondering if I am simply missing a step to get this resolved. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #21752 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
bmick2003's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0
bmick2003 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

i just install energy rom 23673 jul24, great rom, very stable and fast. i only have one issue, on the lock screen new text messages are automatically displayed. is there anyway that i can get a notification rather than having the whole message displayed???
Reply With Quote
  #21753 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 01:15 PM
muzik's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: San Marcos, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 188
Reputation: 280
muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmick2003 View Post
i just install energy rom 23673 jul24, great rom, very stable and fast. i only have one issue, on the lock screen new text messages are automatically displayed. is there anyway that i can get a notification rather than having the whole message displayed???
A good example of how no one rom can please everyone...I really like that feature. If I can see it isn't important I don't have to unlock and go there to read it. I love the new 7/24 GTX. Maybe there will be a fix someone will have or come up with. You could use a different locker?
Reply With Quote
  #21754 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Jim8181's Avatar
Jim8181
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

When I do as you ask, it does as expected...goes to the calendar... then goes back to the today screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
Can you please hit the date (top right of the time) on MaxSense and then hit "CANCEL" button, let me know what happens?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote
  #21755 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 PM
ryanmv213's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 146
Reputation: 380
ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

If anyone is interested in overclocking there phone I have combined a couple of the brilliant guides and ideas from xda into something that worked extremely well my tp2. I originally posted this in Bignadad's thread but I'm currently using this on NRGZ's ROM and it works brilliant. I'll describe the setup I'm using with the newest script by jpc073 at xda for the last day and I've been getting great benchmarks and no battery drain. I am happy to say I am now overclocked at 729 mhz stable without SOD and without having to change the frequency every time the phone sleeps.

Follow the easy guide by Buru898 in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7330081#post7330081 BUT replace the arguments; 'under.mscr' at the end of 'step 4' with the 'startup.mscr' you create here by using this script : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7344437&postcount=602. Highlight the entire script and drop it into a blank text document and save it as 'startup.mscr'(without the quotations). This script may have to be edited to find where you DispOn is located within your registry. Here are those steps to find and edit the mortscript to make sure it will work with your TP2 (I found the DispOn in my registry under HKLM\Drivers\Display).
1. On your phone open the registry editor and search for "DispOn" in the entire registry. If it does not show you won't be able to use this script. You could, however still use the power script and OC always to 604 but that is no fun!
2. Once you have the location of the "DispOn" Value ensure this is right in the script. To do this first locate the Root it is found in. This will be HKLM, HKCU etc. Ensure that the Root is correct in the script (the one I posted it is "HKCU"). To change this look for 'reg_root = "HKCU"' in the script. Change the HKCU to whatever the root is that your "DispOn" was found in.
3. Next do the same thing for the key. Locate the line 'reg_key_bkl = "ControlPanel\BackLight"' and change the ControlPanel\BackLight to whatever the Key is that your "DispOn" was found in.

After this is saved then copy it to the root of your registry with total commander. Edit the file with total commander and make sure it is startup.mscr and not startup.mscr.txt. Once again this mortscript you created will be used instead of under.mscr in the arguments at the end of step 4 in Buru898's guide and follow the rest of the steps. I'll include my startup.mscr that works for sprint tp2 if anyone's interested. You can also change the values inside the startup.mscr when it is a text document because some tp2's can run a higher overclocked frequency. Mine works great at 768 but 787 is an EPIC FAIL!
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 4 times.
  #21756 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 02:08 PM
DaveTN's Avatar
Unlimited is um, limited
Offline
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Knoxville, TN
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,269
Reputation: 5625
DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Connection Error of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEHB View Post
I have the Sense 2.5 Cookie June 11th ROM installed on my phone and initially I really, thoroughly enjoyed it! Unfortunately (after about a month or so), it started to progressively become more and more problematic and seemingly unstable with lockups. Finally, one day the phone just stopped working: I could not get any key to work including the power button. I pulled the battery to see if that would help, it did not.

So, I entered bootloader mode and reinstalled the ROM. I called the Verizon *228 number to get the phone set up again with Verizon. Everything seemed okay, except that I could not get the Data Connection to work, even the toggle button produced either an Error 8 or Error 11 message. I called Verizon and had them reset the A-key, as was suggested on the forum here, no joy! I have reinstalled the ROM with the Airplane Mode turned On, no joy! I have made sure the user name and pw are correct. No luck!

Verizon has no idea what to do and suggested that they would ship a new phone, which is nice and all but.... I would have to reinstall the original ROM, figure out how to relock the phone, radio and SIM card and hope that I do it correctly so as to not void the warranty.

I know that there are other folks that have had the data connection error (I have followed what I believe to be all the suggested steps to resolving this issue) and I was wondering if I am simply missing a step to get this resolved. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
I would start by going back to the original radio for your phone.

After you do that try Start > Tools > Carrier Provisioning > Verizon and see if that helps.

If all else fails, flash back to stock rom to make sure your phone is ok before you return it.

and NEVER tell tech support you are running a non-standard ROM. Warranty orn not, you will be stuch with it and tech support will no longer help you.

David
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #21757 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM
bteljuice's Avatar
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 594
Reputation: 2345
bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
If anyone is interested in overclocking there phone I have combined a couple of the brilliant guides and ideas from xda into something that worked extremely well my tp2. I originally posted this in Bignadad's thread but I'm currently using this on NRGZ's ROM and it works brilliant. I'll describe the setup I'm using with the newest script by jpc073 at xda for the last day and I've been getting great benchmarks and no battery drain. I am happy to say I am now overclocked at 729 mhz stable without SOD and without having to change the frequency every time the phone sleeps.

Follow the easy guide by Buru898 in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7330081#post7330081 BUT replace the arguments; 'under.mscr' at the end of 'step 4' with the 'startup.mscr' you create here by using this script : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7344437&postcount=602. Highlight the entire script and drop it into a blank text document and save it as 'startup.mscr'(without the quotations). This script may have to be edited to find where you DispOn is located within your registry. Here are those steps to find and edit the mortscript to make sure it will work with your TP2 (I found the DispOn in my registry under HKLM\Drivers\Display).
1. On your phone open the registry editor and search for "DispOn" in the entire registry. If it does not show you won't be able to use this script. You could, however still use the power script and OC always to 604 but that is no fun!
2. Once you have the location of the "DispOn" Value ensure this is right in the script. To do this first locate the Root it is found in. This will be HKLM, HKCU etc. Ensure that the Root is correct in the script (the one I posted it is "HKCU"). To change this look for 'reg_root = "HKCU"' in the script. Change the HKCU to whatever the root is that your "DispOn" was found in.
3. Next do the same thing for the key. Locate the line 'reg_key_bkl = "ControlPanel\BackLight"' and change the ControlPanel\BackLight to whatever the Key is that your "DispOn" was found in.

After this is saved then copy it to the root of your registry with total commander. Edit the file with total commander and make sure it is startup.mscr and not startup.mscr.txt. Once again this mortscript you created will be used instead of under.mscr in the arguments at the end of step 4 in Buru898's guide and follow the rest of the steps. I'll include my startup.mscr that works for sprint tp2 if anyone's interested. You can also change the values inside the startup.mscr when it is a text document because some tp2's can run a higher overclocked frequency. Mine works great at 768 but 787 is an EPIC FAIL!
I have been using Buru's procedure and works great for me but only at 710. Above that is SOD.

Anyhow, I will test yours as well and try it out. If it works as described, I'll add it in this thread made for TP2 CDMA here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...80#post1883080

it is the same one as NetRipper but here on TP2 PPCGeeks after his authorization was accepted since not everyone here is on XDA.
__________________
If I was able to help you, please me
OverClocked to 748 MHz
OC your TP2: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...37#post1882237

Last edited by bteljuice; 07-26-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21758 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
KIOWA69's Avatar
Android Soldier
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network
Location: Crestview, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,352
Reputation: 5490
KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknyc View Post
LOL...my bad. i did an overall forum search for 'keyboard problem' and came up with a million results. i'm usually pretty diligent in searching forums before asking questions but i didn't really know what keywords to search for. glad to hear it's an easy fix.
Yeah like they said it's an easy fix, I understand Dave's frustration as I have answered this quiet a few times myself, but at least you tried to do a search on it, but from now on to help you out if you at least read the OPs <original poster> first few posts you'll see some of the issues, fixes and cabs for the ROM, and I would advise reading the last 5-10 pages so you know how the ROM is running and what issues everyone is having. Now to answer your question you need the sprint keyboard fix with is on the first page within the first couple of posts, download that, install, soft reset phone and type away.
__________________
Quote: You Can Run But You'll Just Die Tired!!!

Last edited by KIOWA69; 07-26-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #21759 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
KIOWA69's Avatar
Android Soldier
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network
Location: Crestview, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,352
Reputation: 5490
KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpl View Post
How can I run the WIFIROUTER when the screen goes into standby?

also how can I change the ringtone so it rings and not VIB+RING
(I have the ring option for ring only)

Go up one level to where you clicked the link to get in this thread, look off to the right side of the thread name and you will see a paperclip icon, click that and it will show all the things that have been uploaded to this thread, look for the wi-fi in standby cab and download and install that.

To change how your phone acts when you receive a call go here start>settings>sounds and notifications>at the top press the arrow to the right to go to notifications>then look for ring type and change it there.

Last edited by KIOWA69; 07-26-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #21760 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
chuggy's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 237
Reputation: 365
chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|..`..- Energy -.. * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Hey Everyone,

I was having some issues with the last MaxSense ROM so i decided to flash the newest ROM.

I flashed to stock, ran task29, flashed the newest ROM, and now i cannot make a call. I was getting the "cannot complete the call. Signal may be unavailable" message, but now i hit talk and it simply doesnt connect, and drops the call.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-development/86489-rom-energy-july-4-21916-29022-sense-2021-flavors.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback 01-21-2011 09:51 PM
[APP] WiMoSpeed: [2010-12-25] V1.02 - Page 9 - xda-developers This thread Refback 01-02-2011 05:56 AM
Untitled document This thread Refback 10-05-2010 02:20 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com