View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 02:08 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Connection Error of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEHB View Post
I have the Sense 2.5 Cookie June 11th ROM installed on my phone and initially I really, thoroughly enjoyed it! Unfortunately (after about a month or so), it started to progressively become more and more problematic and seemingly unstable with lockups. Finally, one day the phone just stopped working: I could not get any key to work including the power button. I pulled the battery to see if that would help, it did not.

So, I entered bootloader mode and reinstalled the ROM. I called the Verizon *228 number to get the phone set up again with Verizon. Everything seemed okay, except that I could not get the Data Connection to work, even the toggle button produced either an Error 8 or Error 11 message. I called Verizon and had them reset the A-key, as was suggested on the forum here, no joy! I have reinstalled the ROM with the Airplane Mode turned On, no joy! I have made sure the user name and pw are correct. No luck!

Verizon has no idea what to do and suggested that they would ship a new phone, which is nice and all but.... I would have to reinstall the original ROM, figure out how to relock the phone, radio and SIM card and hope that I do it correctly so as to not void the warranty.

I know that there are other folks that have had the data connection error (I have followed what I believe to be all the suggested steps to resolving this issue) and I was wondering if I am simply missing a step to get this resolved. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
I would start by going back to the original radio for your phone.

After you do that try Start > Tools > Carrier Provisioning > Verizon and see if that helps.

If all else fails, flash back to stock rom to make sure your phone is ok before you return it.

and NEVER tell tech support you are running a non-standard ROM. Warranty orn not, you will be stuch with it and tech support will no longer help you.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.