PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro2 CDMA (Rhodium) device.

This ROM will NOT work for GSM devices! (Tmobile, AT&T, and the rest of the world pretty much). It only works on CDMA devices, mostly released in the US (Sprint, Verizon, Altel, etc...).

I do make a GSM version and that can be found here!

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.
  • Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy
  • A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR

Last edited by NRGZ28; 07-04-2011 at 08:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 647 times.
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Arrow |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 2016

This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
They all come in two versions,
Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
quite a few more features and speed.

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
  • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
  • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
  • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
  • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
  • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <

Dinik's "Anastasia"
  • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
  • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"
  • This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
  • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
  • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
  • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...

ElCondor's "GTX"
  • This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
  • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
  • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Click here for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs and fixes...

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 12-07-2013 at 12:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 132 times.
Threadstarter

Arrow |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jul 10| 21908|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 2016

'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

'Energy'
  • This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
  • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
  • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

'Reference'
  • This ROM is mostly for people that want a close to stock ROM with the stock visual style. It's also perfect for doing your own customizations.
  • A lot of the cooked in apps are removed in this ROM, the Start menu back to the stock 3 row style
  • Sense and everything else is back to the default HTC green.

Mod Edit: Currently unavailable. Stay tuned

ROMs mostly created for enthusiasts...

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)
  • This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
  • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
  • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
  • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
  • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.

Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)
  • This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
  • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
  • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...
  • ALL my ROMs have Titanium built in already along with Sense, but THIS ROM is Titanium only.

Mod Edit: Currently unavailable. Stay tuned

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 12-07-2013 at 12:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 94 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Threadstarter

Re: |RHODIUM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23016) ★ |SOON| ★Latest Manila 2.5!★ |

Release notes

July 4th, 2011

• Wifi Router app updated for more compatibility (especially VGA devices)
  • USSD Service app fixed and updated
  • Removed rogue Imagio bootup welcomescreen and animation
  • Fixed InCall volume issues for 21916 VGA devices ROMs
  • Fixed Bubblebreaker for 21916 ROMs
  • VoIP components thrown back in

-----------------------------------------

July 2nd, 2011

• Updated to 29022
  • Bluetooth HID profiles cooked back in
  • Fixed Opera favorites problem in Titanium ROMs
  • SIM Manager not opening on some devices, fixed
  • Camera version 6.45 from Oboe integrated in all HD2 specific ROMs
  • Added Ninja Duck's "No WIFI Sleep" cab to the addons directory to stop wifi from sleeping during HTC Wifi Sharing operations (http://www.energyroms.com/Addons/Reg...dons/index.php)
  • Sencity skinned dialer made by "eac" (only on some devices, HD2 and VGA excluded)

June 1st, 2011

• Fixed Music tab bug where songs don't play all the way or get stuck on "searching"
  • Fixed blue disabled button situation in certain instances, but keeping the WM contacts readable
  • WorldCard Mobile removed from ALL ROMs (useless, broken, app... if you want it there's plenty
    of cabs for it around)
  • Some ICONS are now squared for better compability with SPB and other apps
  • Audiobooster skin for Touch of Glass ROMs (WVGA only)
  • Added nice 28 day Agenda MOD to Calendar tab in Sense (thanks to slabbi! not sure if this got cooked in ?!? feedback please...)
  • Week view in Sense Calendar tab is now more legible with a blue highlight instead of grey
  • Palringo updated to 2.6.2
  • Stock CHT Layout restoration file fixed for all ROMs

GTX Taskbar mod to 21916 ROMs for better visibility of task manager icon
    GTX Skin for TCPMP
    GTX Skin for the MP3Trimmer
    GTX Mod for the CommManager
  • All of the above GTX mods are thanks to member eac ! Romanian power! lol
  • GTX "music widget not displaying on homescreen bug" fixed
  • Slight adjustment to HD2 GTX dialpad

-----------------------------------------

2010 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------
2009 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------
2008 (trimmed) -----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by NRGZ28; 07-04-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: march 26 roms
This post has been thanked 263 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Threadstarter

Re: |RHODIUM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23016) ★ |SOON| ★Latest Manila 2.5!★ |

XDA_UC FAQ

The XDA_UC cooked in my ROMs is modified from the stock XDA_UC made by Noonski. Great addon, by the way... Noonski did a great job with this !

The version in my ROMs is trimmed down to fit the needs of my ROM series.

Some of the extra features are:

• It will copy shortcuts (.lnk files) found in \XDA_UC\Start Menu\ to the device's start menu folder (\windows\Start Menu) in the hierarchy that it finds on the storage card. For example: Let's say you have a navigation package on the storage card, like Navigon. If you make a shortcut to the navigon.exe file as Navigon.lnk and copy it to \XDA_UC\Start Menu\GPS\ as "Navigon.lnk" then on a fresh ROM install it will copy any shortcuts it finds there to the same location on the device, so it'll end up in \Windows\Start Menu\GPS\. This works for other folders on the Start Menu as well. Just put the shortcuts in \xda_uc\Start Menu\ in the folders you will like the shortcuts to appear to, on the device.
  • It will copy a custom splash screen from \Storage Card\XDA_UC\welcomehead.192.png to \windows automatically and overwrite the one in the ROM.
  • It will copy a custom Sense background found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\wallpaper_sense.png to the device and set that wallpaper as default in Sense. So rename your wallpaper as "wallpaper_sense.png" and drop it in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\sense\ and on the next ROM flash that wallpaper will become your wallpaper in Sense.

Other than that XDA_UC works as designed by Noonski and it will do the following things:

• It will automatically import your PPCbackup (*.pib) file found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will install custom XDAS scripts found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently install CAB files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will install special CAB files that require user input (such as Agreements or any type of prompt) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD
  • It will silently import REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently install REG files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\Exporter, as exported by my own Settings Exporter, ONLY if the "automatic" file is also present in that folder (and it most cases it should be, enable that option in the Settings Export application's menu)
  • It will silently import XML files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently import CER files (usually Exchange certificates) found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\
  • It will silently run custom MSCR files found in \Storage Card\XDA_UC\

That's it, but don't forget to checkout the Addons folder and look in the XDA_UC section for tips and tutorials on how to export your email/wifi settings and various little .reg and tweaks you can add to your XDA_UC collection.

As always don't forget to check what installs automatically before reporting a problem with the ROM. Most of the time, if you notice you have a problem that nobody else is experience is because one of the cabs you dropped in the XDA_UC folder is installing automatically while you don't even think about it.

Last edited by NRGZ28; 07-14-2010 at 12:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 53 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:45 AM
Threadstarter

Read the below FAQ if you have any questions/problems:

Last edited by gTen; 12-27-2010 at 03:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 187 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:31 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Just flashed and this looks sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Stilll wish i could have my taskbar right but this ROM is awesome
Old 10-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

sprke81 is a n00b

To enter bootloader mode I need to push red end button volume down and reset all at once?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Just flashed and this looks sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
If you're on Verizon, then could you please try installing the MMS Fix(Verizon Version)? I need someone to confirm if it works, since I don't own a CDMA version of the TP2. Thankss.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development