View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 AM
BFEHB
Lurker

BFEHB is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data Connection Error of Death

I have the Sense 2.5 Cookie June 11th ROM installed on my phone and initially I really, thoroughly enjoyed it! Unfortunately (after about a month or so), it started to progressively become more and more problematic and seemingly unstable with lockups. Finally, one day the phone just stopped working: I could not get any key to work including the power button. I pulled the battery to see if that would help, it did not.

So, I entered bootloader mode and reinstalled the ROM. I called the Verizon *228 number to get the phone set up again with Verizon. Everything seemed okay, except that I could not get the Data Connection to work, even the toggle button produced either an Error 8 or Error 11 message. I called Verizon and had them reset the A-key, as was suggested on the forum here, no joy! I have reinstalled the ROM with the Airplane Mode turned On, no joy! I have made sure the user name and pw are correct. No luck!

Verizon has no idea what to do and suggested that they would ship a new phone, which is nice and all but.... I would have to reinstall the original ROM, figure out how to relock the phone, radio and SIM card and hope that I do it correctly so as to not void the warranty.

I know that there are other folks that have had the data connection error (I have followed what I believe to be all the suggested steps to resolving this issue) and I was wondering if I am simply missing a step to get this resolved. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!