View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM
ryanmv213
PPCGeeks Regular

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
I have been using Buru's procedure and works great for me but only at 710. Above that is SOD.

Anyhow, I will test yours as well and try it out. If it works as described, I'll add it in this thread made for TP2 CDMA here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...80#post1883080

it is the same one as NetRipper but here on TP2 PPCGeeks after his authorization was accepted since not everyone here is on XDA.
Yeah Buru's guide is nearly dummy proof and works great with our device to utilize the overclocking feature without getting the SOD after the phone's display and sleep feature initiate. The only problem with the script he provided is that it only changes the frequency to 604 right before the sleep state and when you wake the phone up it is at the 604 mhz and you have to open the overclocking utility to up the speed again each time which is annoying. The newer script by jpc073 I used in place of the one you can download in Buru's guide and now I don't get the SOD at all AND when I wake my phone up it is always running at 729mhz. Which means ideally that anytime you are using the phone and the screen is on your processor is overclocked! Now all TP2's are not made the same so the overclocking magic number for what frequency is stable may be different for everyone. Within the link I provided for jpc072's mortscript you can easily edit the text and change the value for what your magic number is. You said your magic number was 710 so when you look at the script in a text document you can see the value chart for the frequencies and you know that the number 37=710. So change the 'start_speed' and the 'boost_speed' numberic values in the following code to '37'( or whatever your magic number is without quotes)

If (Start<>0)
start_speed=Start
Else
start_speed=40
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "AutoPerformanceLevel", start_speed)
EndIf

If (Boost<>0)
boost_speed=Boost
Else
boost_speed=38
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SOFTWARE\Msm7kCpuSpeed\", "BoostSpeed", boost_speed)
EndIf

The most important thing is making sure in jpc073 script that you lead it to the right path to prevent the SOD in DispOn. You have to find DispOn within your registry and change it while the script is in your notepad at this part of the script if it's different for you:

reg_root_bkl = "HKCU"
reg_key_bkl = "ControlPanel\BackLight"
reg_val_bkl = "DispOn"

Hope this helps but on both Big's and NRG's this works absolutely flawlessly for me.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 07-26-2010 at 03:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.