View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:48 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Connection Error of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFEHB View Post
David,

Thank you for the help. I ended up flashing back to the stock rom, calling Verizon to reset the A-key and everything is back to normal. The sad part is that going back to the stock rom from the energy rom is like going from a Ferrari to a Prius. The functionality, the look, the feel is just awful on the stock rom's and Energy was soooo pretty and nice. I don't know whether to try flashing another Energy ROM or just hang with the stock rom for a bit.

I did notice that the June 11th energy rom I flashed had a useful utility program that helped to flash using activesync whereas the newer ones appear to require a person to flash from the Micro SD card. I don't have a Micro SD reader (my computer, like its' owner is old), so I cannot format the SD card. Am I correct in that the newer roms cannot be flashed using ActiveSync?
Ok, thats good as it rules out any problems with your phone. Since I'm on Sprint, I really can't say which of the NRG ROM's are working best for the Verizon users but you can look back the last 20 or so pages and see what the people that are using verizon (indicated below their avatars) are saying about the ROM. AFAIK, most of them are happy and its possible that you just had a bad flash.

If you havn't done so (and Kiowa suggested it) go back to the stock radio and PRL too. Use your phone a little and then try re-downloading the rom and flash again.

Hope that helps.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.