BFEHB
Lurker

BFEHB is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data Connection Error of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I would start by going back to the original radio for your phone.

After you do that try Start > Tools > Carrier Provisioning > Verizon and see if that helps.

If all else fails, flash back to stock rom to make sure your phone is ok before you return it.

and NEVER tell tech support you are running a non-standard ROM. Warranty orn not, you will be stuch with it and tech support will no longer help you.

David
David,

Thank you for the help. I ended up flashing back to the stock rom, calling Verizon to reset the A-key and everything is back to normal. The sad part is that going back to the stock rom from the energy rom is like going from a Ferrari to a Prius. The functionality, the look, the feel is just awful on the stock rom's and Energy was soooo pretty and nice. I don't know whether to try flashing another Energy ROM or just hang with the stock rom for a bit.

I did notice that the June 11th energy rom I flashed had a useful utility program that helped to flash using activesync whereas the newer ones appear to require a person to flash from the Micro SD card. I don't have a Micro SD reader (my computer, like its' owner is old), so I cannot format the SD card. Am I correct in that the newer roms cannot be flashed using ActiveSync?