PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 02:33 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Oct 7| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Heres a tip for those with slow Cookie 2.0. Turn off the weather clock. I had the clock with weather and was having slow, slow page transitions. I turned on just the plane flip clock and it smoothed everything out.
+1, turn off all animation, hi res wallpaper, flip, etc.. My cookie import settings does that from ROM to ROM
Prior to flash:
4th button on bottom softkey menu, ChTEditor, menu (again), Export settings, .. (2 times to get to where you can click on storage card) Save.

I save to a "Backups" directory with another subdir "cookie bk"

Last edited by teradog; 10-10-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:55 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
hey i found us yet another start menu replacement over at xda works well for me!!
[APP] MMAppLauncher v1.0 - Full Start Menu Replacement (WM 6.5, 6.5.x) - Beta Testing - xda-developers
It does lower your aval. ram some but really smooth scrolling!!!
I'm going to try it & uncheck sense!!! another 15 MB of RAM maybe... (with no sense checked in settings/home)
Thanks, thankd.. was going to go trolling over there myself for another... you saved me the work... As much & many months as I foamed at the mouth over the "latest" daily new sense gadget the first 1/2 of this year... I've gotta laugh I'm now at the point of dumping all that pretty animation for RAM!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

After months and months of doing the Irene Cara (a.k.a. Flashdance), I'm ready for something truly different. I love all of the tweaks and incremental improvements made by NRG, MicroSoft and the reset of the PPCGeeks / XDA community, but I'm also ready for some true innovation.

How about:
* A neural interface
* Holographic 3D display
* 16-core 64 bit cpu
* Dedicated GPU
* Fuel-cell battery
* Optional integrated George Foreman Grill

I'm off to ride some roller-coasters with my son. Happy Sunday.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:06 AM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
..bump to top of page (more visual) NRG twitter:
Hotfix for all of Oct 8 and Oct 9 ROMs for some of the missing shortcuts to the Office applications.
http://digs.by/dqXyN4

BTW, my 1X issue guessing was directly related to WMLongLife I believe... in a hurry guessing I didn't follow the detailed directions in post 3 regarding uninstall & switching back to 3G auto.. but really can't believe that would follow through a task 29 (5 times), 6 ROM flashes & a stock flash..... (and much much more... (3P's, radio...)

btw Here's what REALLY finally cleaned it out.. WIPE IT ##786#
Reset
(put in your msl)

... so if your having some real strange stuff that's following you around.. dump her.. ooppps I mean, do the ##786#

If you're a tad shy about cookie 2... definitely don't mess with WMLL! ha!
Got WMLL running sweet now!
~either conquer it or it conquers you!~
Currently running Energy.RHODCDMA.21681.Sense2.5.Cookie.Classic.Oct. 08

After ROM and usual cab install, often would not connect to data (data errors), or would not make a phone call (some new no signal errors) and would not enter 1x when trying to make a call. All sorts of weird phone and data problems.

Did not install WMLongLife, but I did have maxx's battery saving cab installed. I uninstalled that, and then tried ##786# just to try what you were talking about, wouldn't ask for MSL or connect me with anything, so Installed Mighty's Enable Plus Codes because that's the only one I could find on short notice, but still phone codes don't work (get call cannot be completed as dialed).

However, after uninstalling maxx's battery saving cab, installing enable plus codes, the data and phone seem to be working now. Time will tell, cuz I have to leave the house and go grocery shopping ><

Thanks for your input Teradog! Your posts are always helpful and informative.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP Member - Retired

all thanks & thanked.. ##786# WAIT 5 seconds!!! dont hit talk/oh (off hook) botton
looks the same as the ESPT prog on Energy ROMs somewhere..
(i have maxx battery cab installed btw)
sent via tp2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
all thanks & thanked.. ##786# WAIT 5 seconds!!! dont hit talk/oh (off hook) botton
looks the same as the ESPT prog on Energy ROMs somewhere..
(i have maxx battery cab installed btw)
sent via tp2
Are you using the NEW_Maxx134_Complete cab? I used that one but I was getting a few lock ups. Then I switched to his No SoD version and worked like a champ.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I ve been using the oct 8 ROM dinik CHt2 , and I have absolutely no complaints , the shortcuts issues I fixed it upon first boot with resco. few slow downs but overall is a great ROM. BTW , My pp 12 . I wish I know how you guys flash to get issues.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

madjokeer is keeping up the good workmadjokeer is keeping up the good work

the new opera mini 5.1 "cab version" with out java install is here. go to m.opera.com to dl it
Old 10-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Brian Mccurley is a n00b

I am running Oct 8 21680 cookie ROM and for some reason in the contact quick link some images don't show. I can not see a pattern. Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?
Old 10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2

udayse is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
THanks, i'll try to remember to add that to the voice post... actually, I think that's a good resource for many people that's got buried.. since it helped you can you post your results, that installing to main memory resolved an issue of not being able to see or setup voice command.. others that read that may benefit.. PLEASE... I'll try to remember to site your post & put it in post 1 as well. thanks in advance.. Voice (MSVC), Bing, Tellme
Done.
Uday
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development