PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
+1, that has been my experience as well. At first I didn't want to switch to 2.0 either but then I just tried it and it was like 1.8.5 with a few more options.

I tried it and had LOTS of problems. I might not have a choice soon.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarBadu View Post
i don't think it has anything to do with the cable - the screen comes on every time i soft reset - the chances of it working every time i soft reset and not every time i hit the power button is not likely

has anyone else experienced this?
if you say so... me and several other people on here have had the exact same issue. screen comes on fine after soft reset but when it goes to sleep it wont come back on but otherwise the screen is useable. its definitely a hardware issue but believe what u want. i know of at least 5 people on here that have had the issue and its either the cable or the power button. you are right, i dont know 100% if its the cable but what i do know is that its a hardware issue and no one can really help you except a repair center. i bet money they tell you the exact same thing i just told you. (dont you just hate when people ask for advice but dont want to take your advice, o well)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarBadu View Post
i don't think it has anything to do with the cable - the screen comes on every time i soft reset - the chances of it working every time i soft reset and not every time i hit the power button is not likely...has anyone else experienced this?
Have you looked @ post 6, ENERGY ROM FAQ WIKI, under "S" for SOD or Cookie freezing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Another 20 hours of chasing issues, you may get sick of it & try some of this stuff: DREAM PHONE - Mini guide :>))
Wasted hundreds of hours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsunsun View Post
How's everyone doing with 29007 now?
I have 29005 right now and single and only problem I have right now is application shutting off randomly and TCPMP getting corrupted after 5~6 uses.
TCPMP? hmmm, you the only one? you know what that means... :>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
correct, id either like to be able to change it dynamically or change it using the phone before i flash. either way would be fine as i dont always have access to a puter. what pp would you suggest powinmo? 0 or 16? those two seem to be most popular.
Some thoughts/reading on it... #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I'm pretty sure you just need to update your PRL. I used to get this message as well
try here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...d-prl-fix.html

To update your PRL just save the file on your storage card, dial ##775 talk, highlight UPdate PRL, click menu, edit, browse for file, select it, click ok, soft reset, and you shoudl be good to go...

Quote:
Not a problem, let me know if it worked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Someone had posted this tweak and I have not been able to test to see if it works:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\VoiceOnly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post

"DisableUI"=1

Attached file is actually XML used for XDA_UC. Rename the file to XML to use it.

Let me know it works..

YEA! DID IT WORK? let us know, if so we can put in wiki "getting rid of voice nag", "getting rid of black square box"... etc..
Quote:
swype is the culprit, does it to me all the time. it freezes when i open text messages or if opera is still loading a page and i try and use it. ive tried everything i could think of to stop it from freezing. anyone have any suggestions?

That do it? Swype has had bunches of issues for sure, please let us know... can you give me a 2 sentence summary we can put in wiki?

Last edited by teradog; 01-20-2011 at 03:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Blue tooth filer transfer local folder settings: Issues setting to SD Card:

Anyone else seeing issues setting the local folder for bluetooth file transfer?

It allows me to select storage card but doesn't actually set it to storage card.
Where is the registry setting found that controls this?

Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 01-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eruisi is just getting started

I tried to change phone number of my Sprint TP2 with Engery ROM but cound't do it because ##XXXXXX# doesn't work for me and there is no update profile item in settings. Sprint already change the phone number on line and I couldn't make any phone call now. The number shown in my phone is still the old one.

Can anyone help me out??? Do I have to flash with a stock rom and change the phone and then flash back to Energy? This sounds very tedious to me.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
correct, id either like to be able to change it dynamically or change it using the phone before i flash. either way would be fine as i dont always have access to a puter. what pp would you suggest powinmo? 0 or 16? those two seem to be most popular.
Sorry puff, there are quite a few threads and wiki entries about pagepool values and how to change it. Plenty of debates and discussions about the former. Finding about the latter is buried in some kitchen thread I read a long time ago - basically there is no way to dynamically change the PP on the phone post flash. Bottom line for changing pagepool I think is in the wiki(s), but NRGZ has been kind enough to package in the binary (pagepool_changer.exe) to all of his .7z distributions for the past few months. I just run that by hand prior to copying to the .nbh file to the root of of the SD cards for flashing.

Personally I took the middle of the road for PP for quite some time now... 14mb for me, and that seems fine for my needs. Have not had the chance to try it at 0. Teradog and others have had good success with that. Everyone has diff expectations and some settings depend on personal usage.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
I don't know if this is a little off topic, I hope not too much to get anybody angry.
I know many of you have installed ProjectAndroid on your phones. Do you have to format the SD card every time you flash a new ROM to install ProjectAndroid after the flash?
Also, I guess we have to have the sim card in to be able to tether, and then take it out to be able to use Android with Sprint, is that right?
I guess it was off topic, I am sorry!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
Pagepool changer has to be done to the nbh file itself apparently. I think I saw a few detailed threads about why some time ago because I wondered about the same thing. Guess one of us could hunt down a thread reference and post it to the wiki for kicks.

I've updated the current energy_sprint.cab provisioning cab to merge in the arcsoft registry entries from the boushh mms cab. Basically increasing the send/receive size limit from 1mb to something larger (which is defined now as 5mb which apparently does not matter if Sprint caps it to 2mb on their servers). I sent NRGZ a PM about seeing if could be included in future ROMs. I can also post it here if anyone would like it.

I've installed my updated cab to a few TP2 units with the Jan.16 update and so far no data issues. I've been using the original cab for months now. The provisioning cab is quite invasive, but I looked some of the registry entries, etc that are installed and nothing looks out of the ordinary...

Did those data problems start before/after you updated to the Verizon radio on your Sprint TP2? Just curious about a time frame.
Would you post the cab please?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 06:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
+1, that has been my experience as well. At first I didn't want to switch to 2.0 either but then I just tried it and it was like 1.8.5 with a few more options.
Quote:
A lot of people have said that they are still using 1.85, and i guess i just dont get it. I've used both versions, tried maxsense, throttle launcher, and several others. I know that its all personal preference, but man 2.0 just seems so far beyond anything else.

If you're having issues just try 2.0, i dont think you'll go back. just my 2 cents.
I guess not cooking CHT185 ROMs for a while is one way to force more people to adopt CHT2000. I've used CHT185 for a long as possible, and the last ROM with it is Dec.27. I've played with CHT2000 final since it was released, and while it has nice fancy widgets, etc... and can be configured to emulate the lesser CHT185 look/feel, it still is full of odd random little bugs. That comment is aimed squarely at both CHT2000 and CHTE2000.

I've deployed Jan.16 to a few of my users with CHT2 setup to emulate how I had CHT185 laid out for them - basically for simplicity. I've had to already show them how to reload the CHT settings when quick links go missing or get re-arranged randomly (even NinjaDuck has seen this happen). That combined with CHTE2 not importing ALL the settings in a properly exported CHT2 file during XDA_UC is another burr for me. All of this stuff found by other users in those corresponding threads for some time now.

CHT2000 is usable overall and quite nice, but those constant dumb little nagging issues was why I kept trying to hold on to CHT185 until the next update to CHT/CHTE2... oh well. Price to pay if I want to play.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruisi View Post
I tried to change phone number of my Sprint TP2 with Engery ROM but cound't do it because ##XXXXXX# doesn't work for me and there is no update profile item in settings. Sprint already change the phone number on line and I couldn't make any phone call now. The number shown in my phone is still the old one.

Can anyone help me out??? Do I have to flash with a stock rom and change the phone and then flash back to Energy? This sounds very tedious to me.
I'd point you to the WIKI in post #6, but there's nothing yet about EPST codes (that ## stuff for your MSL).

You'll need to install the Carrier Provisioning for Sprint to have access to the EPST via the dialer:

START MENU->TOOLS->CARRIER PROVISIONING.

Select SPRINT, and tap APPLY. (or whatever your carrier is)
Be sure to allow the phone to reboot if prompted.

teradog, maybe add this to the wiki ? Or I can...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development