PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

I don't know if this is a little off topic, I hope not too much to get anybody angry.
I know many of you have installed ProjectAndroid on your phones. Do you have to format the SD card every time you flash a new ROM to install ProjectAndroid after the flash?
Also, I guess we have to have the sim card in to be able to tether, and then take it out to be able to use Android with Sprint, is that right?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Your ROM actually work Great with a working device! LOL! I had the keyboard issues on a refurbed phone from Asurion but they swapped it and I think it's a new one this time. Weird thing is the one that's going back to them feels lighter. It could jsut be me but it really feels like a lighter phone and it even looks the part when I took the battery cover off and could see small damage at the top padding near the camera.

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7
Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started

Hey chef I am using the Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dec.27, and I noticed known issues with opening up emails and text messages after you accumulated a couple sms.
I was wondering if this issue got addressed in the new rom released Jan.16. ??
Just want to let u know that this is my favorite rom and keep up the good work
Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul,TP, TP II, EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

robysch22 is just getting started
Question Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by robysch22 View Post
Hey chef I am using the Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.Dec.27, and I noticed known issues with opening up emails and text messages after you accumulated a couple sms.
I was wondering if this issue got addressed in the new rom released Jan.16. ??
Just want to let u know that this is my favorite rom and keep up the good work

Does anybody know if the SMS-EMAIL issue got addressed? thanks
Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Although the performance of the ROM (Dec 27, 6.5.x CHT 1.8.5) is good. I am locking up three or four times a day. This is the 3rd time I loaded this ROM, and I always obey all posted instructions for ROM Flashing. Strange. It seems that the Mail application is hanging up, and when I try to end task it, lock city. It's so bad, that I have the body glove case, and I've put a hole in the side of it so I can reset with the case on.
I also experience delays backing out of contacts, but I have noticed that with earlier ROMS as well. I find overclocking causes more problems than it's worth, with some operations taking LONGER when Overclocked. I have an SD card, I have formatted it recently. I suppose it could be the cause for flakyness, but I am not convinced. I did notice when I ran Project Android, it "Repaired" a bunch a files on the SD Card, and it ran great for a while after that. (Poor man's Chkdsk?)

I am wondering can this be a function of messaging size? How many messages total (Accross all accounts) do people keep at any one time. I have 873 right now.

I saw the new ROMs but I have been avoiding CHT 2, 1.8.5 has been good to me, but we might be getting skipped, I Tweeted NRGY on it to see if he's done on the 1.8.5 line, no response yet. I just noticed there is a poll over on XDA about which cookie version is liked better. 2.0 is winning.

I am dying for a change log here...

Last edited by kyderr; 01-19-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Wizard>Universal>Rhodium
Carrier: Qtel

cutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcutecool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

did nrg posted the change log for his jan 16th ROM...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I saw the new ROMs but I have been avoiding CHT 2, 1.8.5 has been good to me, but we might be getting skipped, I Tweeted NRGY on it to see if he's done on the 1.8.5 line, no response yet. I just noticed there is a poll over on XDA about which cookie version is liked better. 2.0 is winning.

I am dying for a change log here...
A lot of people have said that they are still using 1.85, and i guess i just dont get it. I've used both versions, tried maxsense, throttle launcher, and several others. I know that its all personal preference, but man 2.0 just seems so far beyond anything else.

If you're having issues just try 2.0, i dont think you'll go back. just my 2 cents.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
If you're having issues just try 2.0, i dont think you'll go back. just my 2 cents.
+1, that has been my experience as well. At first I didn't want to switch to 2.0 either but then I just tried it and it was like 1.8.5 with a few more options.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

werd, old = obsolete right? haha
Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

OmarBadu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarBadu View Post
on the latest jan 6th rom - sencity on my sprint tp2 - when i push the power button my device doesn't turn back on - the screen just stays blank - however the phone is on - i can take out the keyboard and type on it and make phone calls and the such

any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
time for a replacement! me and someone else on here had the exact same issue a few months ago. the screen works fine other than not being able to see anything right? he took his to be looked at by a sprint technician and the tech said that the ribbon cable was loose. the ribbon cable is what allows the screen to slide/tilt. if you tilt the screen you can see it. take it in to a store to be looked at. hope that helps!
i don't think it has anything to do with the cable - the screen comes on every time i soft reset - the chances of it working every time i soft reset and not every time i hit the power button is not likely

has anyone else experienced this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development