PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruisi View Post
I tried to change phone number of my Sprint TP2 with Engery ROM but cound't do it because ##XXXXXX# doesn't work for me and there is no update profile item in settings. Sprint already change the phone number on line and I couldn't make any phone call now. The number shown in my phone is still the old one.

Can anyone help me out??? Do I have to flash with a stock rom and change the phone and then flash back to Energy? This sounds very tedious to me.

Updating you Profile should fix that, here is the cab I use...

PuriaNs Blue MR.X_Sprint_PRL_Profile_Update.cab

edit: The ## codes work after installing the energy's carrier provisioning... here is a list of Sprint ## codes here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ml#post1234659

Last edited by WFG; 01-20-2011 at 09:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

@teradog... Just bumped you up to 6k rep. Keep up the good work.

David
Old 01-20-2011, 10:47 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
@teradog... Just bumped you up to 6k rep. Keep up the good work.... David
thanks Dave for the 3xVIP, would retire, but these tp2's are still just too much fun! lol..

Anyone want to see a real winner, the nicest guy on this forum & the secret to VIP?

...click on DaveTN's name in his post, view public profile, Statistics tab, 3rd box down total thanks...
Take a look at his total thanks given vs received ("Thanked" xxx times in xxx posts...), ---> give more than you get... in Dave's case, it's an unmatched giving ratio... thanks for all the great help & posts Dave!

bumpup

Last edited by teradog; 01-21-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:03 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I'd point you to the WIKI in post #6, but there's nothing yet about EPST codes (that ## stuff for your MSL).
teradog, maybe add this to the wiki ? Or I can...
thanks/d, YES, please do add it! you have to double space lines in edit mode if you want a new line, otherwise it's all run together. *edit* also, please use the smallest level of edit so if you mess something up, it only affects that small area...

If anyone posts in WIKI, please PM me a link to the change.. thanks

Last edited by teradog; 01-20-2011 at 11:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

BumRush37 is a n00b

I've searched and searched, but I can't find an answer. Forgive me if this has been answered already. In "Normal" home screen layout there is a "Home" button that takes you to the home screen, but in "Panel" home screen layout it's missing. I searched and searched but I can't find a .lnk to copy under the Start Menu/Programs folder. Is there a trick to finding it?
Old 01-21-2011, 03:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Merge
Carrier: US Cellular

spacious is keeping up the good workspacious is keeping up the good work

SO after a month or so of smooth sailing on Energy.RHODCDMA.29005.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGla ss.Dec.13
I flashed same flavor Jan 16 29007 and it seems like a solid ROM.

Shake and Save appears to be missing from this ROM. Not sure if that was intentional or not. Might be better to have it installed to SD anyways. Just noticed it's not there.

KDFont isn't working correctly on this ROM and none of the advice I gave for someone else recently is working. Obviously it's got something to do with the way these 290xx builds deal with fonts. I had some trouble with the 29005 build and KDFont, but was able to work around it.

Everything else seems to be running great.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
thanks/d, YES, please do add it! you have to double space lines in edit mode if you want a new line, otherwise it's all run together. *edit* also, please use the smallest level of edit so if you mess something up, it only affects that small area...

If anyone posts in WIKI, please PM me a link to the change.. thanks
No worries on editing the wiki. I'll try to add in some new entries over the weekend I hope, time permitting. I help maintain a mediawiki (same software ppcg uses for their wiki) server for my day job as I have staff in various time zones... so the markup language, etc are sometimes second nature to me sadly enough.

I'll PM whenever I get the chance to do some edits.

Appreciate the thanks on my posts as well! I keep forgetting to use it and spread the joy around lol. Hopefully I'll do a better job of it.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumRush37 View Post
I've searched and searched, but I can't find an answer. Forgive me if this has been answered already. In "Normal" home screen layout there is a "Home" button that takes you to the home screen, but in "Panel" home screen layout it's missing. I searched and searched but I can't find a .lnk to copy under the Start Menu/Programs folder. Is there a trick to finding it?
As far as I know, there is no "home.lnk" or "today.lnk" type shortcuts. The HOME icons in the normal start menu, and other alternatives like QuickMenu are built in to those apps.

If Panel does not have it, that's because it was not originally designed to be a start menu replacement. The only thing I can recommend is creating your own. There is a post with some info, see post #5:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-imagio...home-icon.html

If need be I can create the lnk file for you and attach it later. Note I take no credit for the post, I just did a quick search on if anyone else needed to create a shortcut to get to the "home page" on Sense. This assumes you are using the Sense UI.

Last edited by powinmo; 01-21-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Would you post the cab please?

Thanks
Per request... attached is my modification to NRGZ's energy_sprint.cab provisioning file from the Dec.27 ROMs. It the same file all the way back from Oct.25 (my older ROM still in use) to Jan.16.

All that changed is:

1. made the _setup.xml file user readable

2. updated ONLY the Arcsoft MMS entries to allow for 5mb send/receive. Specifically this addresses the ability of the UI itself to allow for a max of 5mb. This merges strictly the updates from the Boushh MMS cab file found in the paperclip from long ago.

3. NRGZ already had the Sprint MMS entries already set to handle 5mb.

Other:
a. Supposedly Sprint MMS servers are capped to 2mb messages. I have found no quick google searches to support this. I have tested the send/receive myself. I sent out a 2.9mb MMS with no issues and my recipient received it. Though I think arcsoft then converted down post receive.

b. I have used this exact cab on a few TP2 devices recently for Jan.16. Including a Boost-ified TP2. No SMS, MMS or data provisioning issues I am aware of.

If anyone uses it, please confirm any issues, concerns, etc. If it works for you, let's kindly ask NRGZ to include it on future ROMs.

*clarifications*
1. this file replaces the need to run the STARTMENU->TOOLS->CARRIER PROVISIONING (which just runs the original energy_sprint.cab file). If you already installed the original one, you'll probably get the message about it being already being there and if you want to uninstall it.

2. I would probably recommend folks to use this for the next flash update or hard reset. If you already ran the original provision cab, no need to do this one unless you really want to try it out.

3. Suggested usage... just drop it in your XDA_UC or S4X type installs for future flashes until NRGZ puts in later ROMs.

4. using this cab on Boost-ified TP2s DOES NOT INCLUDE the MMS settings specific to boost servers. Check the other threads on what else you need to get MMS working on boost.

Guess I'll probably post a link to this stuff in the wiki at some point
Attached Files
File Type: cab energy_sprint_mms.cab (192.0 KB, 127 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by powinmo; 01-21-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: clarifications
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuffhuntnyc knows their stuff

Powinno,
Do I need to run both built in provisioning and your file or just run your file without running built in provisioning?

Gary

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development