PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

rjayorate is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Q] Need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjayorate View Post
Hey guys, I have a weird problem..

Certain characters when typed on the hardware keyboard, type random but consistent characters. Here's which keys type what:

6 = 6.7
0 = 0uerqtyw
b = b98n
mcv
up = 12345
mail = Caps/SHIFT .zx & Caps/FN .zx (alternates)

Screenshot: *snip

I had Task29'd prior to flashing the most recent NRGZ28 rom, and I still got it. Even tried flashing back to stock, carrier provisioning, soft/hard resets. Anyone have any clue what could be the problem?
just tried using a remapper.. no dice. still get the random characters. can anyone help?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:15 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjayorate View Post
just tried using a remapper.. no dice. still get the random characters. can anyone help?
Did you spill your coffee on your keyboard?

Kidding, but not...
Old 01-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Did you spill your coffee on your keyboard?

Kidding, but not...
+1 i had a similar issue back in my mogul days when it was sprinkling and my keyboard got damp a little. if i pressed a button once, the phone acted like i was holding the button. i ended up dropping that phone in the mop bucket

also, what radio are you guys using? ive ran out of mods to do to my tp2 so i decided to flash the verizon 2.37 radio. it seems to be a winner so far! with the stock sprint 2.32 radio my signal was jumpy. it would always jump from 1-4 bars. on 2.37 i seem to constantly stay at 3-4 bars. i also read 2.37 has better battery life. can anyone else out there that has used 2.32 then changed to 2.37 say that they have better results with 2.37? i know it has alot to do with location but still, im just curious...

Here is the Verizon 2.37 radio. flash it just like you flash a rom. i renamed the file rhodimg.nbh and flashed via sd.

Ninja point me to some mods man! lol.

Last edited by puff601; 01-14-2011 at 05:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

After the droid vs windows talk of the last few days, take a look at the crawler news box at the top of the page. The articles "Windows phone 7 bootloader?" offers a small ray of hope! In short the good is someone found a bootloader in winmo 7, the bad is it was totally by accident and he has no Idea how he did it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (CDMA)
Carrier: Telus

Larkstarr is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
not a bug, thats how its supposed to work.

A setting under widgets affecting a non-widget setting? I somehow don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was meant to mark the message read after being displayed on the widget after X amount of time.

otherwise that's just stupid.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

jcm76 is a n00b

Hi Everyone!

Must say that I've been a lurker on PPCGeeks for some time and love the wealth of info that can be found here. However this is my first post so I was hoping somebody out there could help me with this problem.

I started out about a year ago running a MightROM firmware on my Verizon Touch Pro 2 (rhodiumW). about 2 months ago I switched to EnergyROM and I am currently running Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Dec.27.

So here's my problem. I am a user of the Microsoft MyPhone backup/location service and I just noticed that the premium features don't seem to be working any more. MyPhone says that it cannot communicate with the device. The data sync (backup) still works, but the location features don't work. They used to work. I only discovered this yesterday when I couldn't find my phone so I logged into Microsoft's MyPhone website to locate it. This was the first time I have attempted a locate on this phone since I switched to EnergyROM in November.

Luckily I found the phone, but i'm concerned now in the event I do REALLY lose the thing that I won't be able to find it or perform the remote data wipe (which is one of the main reasons I use MyPhone in the first place).

To be clear, the data backup still works fine as I was able to see all my recent text messages, notes and tasks, etc.

Any help would be appreciated
Old 01-14-2011, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post

also, what radio are you guys using? ive ran out of mods to do to my tp2 so i decided to flash the verizon 2.37 radio. it seems to be a winner so far! ...

Here is the Verizon 2.37 radio. flash it just like you flash a rom. i renamed the file rhodimg.nbh and flashed via sd.

How can I get just the latest VZ radio?

TIA

the link you provided doesnt go anywhere
Old 01-14-2011, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
I've got Aug22 23678 cookie, and actually a lot of older ROMs... just pm me if you have a particular ROM you want and I will upload for you if I have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant View Post
PM sent
many thanks kozmo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant View Post
How can I get just the latest VZ radio?

TIA

the link you provided doesnt go anywhere
sorry about that. here's the verizon 2.37 radio
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6775037/VZW.2.37.Radio.zip

Last edited by puff601; 01-14-2011 at 05:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

websurf is just getting started

Hello Gentleman
I have a weird issue after switching to this this ROM. I have data plan on Pageplus account and it shows up that my phone connects to this number 723487686 a few times a day and even in the middle of the night too. Look like its try to ping that number or something and I don't know how and where to turn it off. I need data to work but i don't want to loose money for something i don't use. I called Pageplus but they said that its my phone not them.
does any one experience this issue or know the fix for it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development