PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 11:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

warheed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to warheed
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Hey all, excuse me for posting this question but I'm in a rush to help the person who just bought my Touch Pro 2 with the build previous to 21916 (cookie 2.0 sense 2.5)

She is having issues with getting sprint service. What exactly needs to be done? The MSID must be modified right? And Sprint will have to add the phone's ESN to her account?

Desperately,
Brad
Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by warheed View Post
Hey all, excuse me for posting this question but I'm in a rush to help the person who just bought my Touch Pro 2 with the build previous to 21916 (cookie 2.0 sense 2.5)

She is having issues with getting sprint service. What exactly needs to be done? The MSID must be modified right? And Sprint will have to add the phone's ESN to her account?

Desperately,
Brad
Are you trying to help someone move a phone from a different carrier to sprint, or just register a sprint phone with her account?

If you are trying to move carriers, just refund her money and move on.
If you are trying to register a sprint phone on their network, all she needs is the ESN/EIN.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

warheed is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to warheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Are you trying to help someone move a phone from a different carrier to sprint, or just register a sprint phone with her account?

If you are trying to register a sprint phone on their network, all she needs is the ESN/EIN.
She is with Sprint and the TP2 was always on Sprint, I never unlocked the radio.

So, apparently she's having trouble finding the ESN/EIN, does she have to modify them herself?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work

She needs to get some glasses lol.. Seriously all she needs to do is tell them the numbers under the battery, thats it.. If she can't do that she needs to take it to a sprint store so they can read it for her..
Old 01-13-2011, 02:11 PM
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by warheed
Quote:

She is with Sprint and the TP2 was always on Sprint, I never unlocked the radio.

So, apparently she's having trouble finding the ESN/EIN, does she have to modify them herself?
Funny...
Changing an ESN is actually not legal.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris812 View Post
She needs to get some glasses lol.. Seriously all she needs to do is tell them the numbers under the battery, thats it.. If she can't do that she needs to take it to a sprint store so they can read it for her..
And before that she really needs to flash the phone back to the sprint stock ROM. Going into a sprint store with a custom ROM on your phone and asking for help is not such a good idea.

David
Old 01-13-2011, 03:16 PM
VIP Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
And before that she really needs to flash the phone back to the sprint stock ROM. Going into a sprint store with a custom ROM on your phone and asking for help is not such a good idea.

David
Do you really think they would be sharp enough to distunguish a customized interface from a custom ROM?

So far, the reps I have met were either cool enough to not care and want to know how to do it, or were clueless...

Evidence:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Cheers DEVS - I felt like a god today...lol
Old 01-13-2011, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

rjayorate is just getting started
Unhappy [Q] Need help.

Hey guys, I have a weird problem..

Certain characters when typed on the hardware keyboard, type random but consistent characters. Here's which keys type what:

6 = 6.7
0 = 0uerqtyw
b = b98n
mcv
up = 12345
mail = Caps/SHIFT .zx & Caps/FN .zx (alternates)

Screenshot:

I had Task29'd prior to flashing the most recent NRGZ28 rom, and I still got it. Even tried flashing back to stock, carrier provisioning, soft/hard resets. Anyone have any clue what could be the problem?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (13.5 KB, 149 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Do you really think they would be sharp enough to distunguish a customized interface from a custom ROM?

So far, the reps I have met were either cool enough to not care and want to know how to do it, or were clueless...

Evidence:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Cheers DEVS - I felt like a god today...lol
meh... standard warning just to be safe. Heck if they can blame water damage on something even when the indicators are good, then they can blame a custom ROM on all sorts of problems.

And my local sprint store did notice that I had a non-oem ROM on my phone (my mogul) in the past.

My philosophy is simply better safe than sorry.

David
Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 PM
VIP Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
meh... standard warning just to be safe. Heck if they can blame water damage on something even when the indicators are good, then they can blame a custom ROM on all sorts of problems.

And my local sprint store did notice that I had a non-oem ROM on my phone (my mogul) in the past.

My philosophy is simply better safe than sorry.

David
I am with you, but it was just fun to talk about...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development