PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
swype is the culprit, does it to me all the time. it freezes when i open text messages or if opera is still loading a page and i try and use it. ive tried everything i could think of to stop it from freezing. anyone have any suggestions?
Thank you. what version of swype were you using?
there seems to be less trouble with 3.9, but on that one the language selector is diabled.
the stock options for symbols of other languages is very inconvenient to say the least! pressing FN - SYM and more just to select a character, and sometimes it doesen't work is not practical. sometimes i have to write emails in spanish or french, and it is practically impossible to do it with the physical keyboard.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavery View Post
Thanks for the info.......any idea what I should search for when looking for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I'm pretty sure you just need to update your PRL. I used to get this message as well

try here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...d-prl-fix.html

To update your PRL just save the file on your storage card, dial ##775 talk, highlight UPdate PRL, click menu, edit, browse for file, select it, click ok, soft reset, and you shoudl be good to go.

Hope this helps.
Someone had posted this tweak and I have not been able to test to see if it works:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\VoiceOnly
"DisableUI"=1

Attached file is actually XML used for XDA_UC. Rename the file to XML to use it.

Let me know it works..
Attached Files
File Type: txt VoiceOnlyFix.reg.txt (490 Bytes, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 01-19-2011 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

tlavery is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
I'm pretty sure you just need to update your PRL. I used to get this message as well

try here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...d-prl-fix.html

To update your PRL just save the file on your storage card, dial ##775 talk, highlight UPdate PRL, click menu, edit, browse for file, select it, click ok, soft reset, and you shoudl be good to go.

Hope this helps.

THANKS!!! I'll hope that it works since I'm not in a "voice only" area right now. I really appreciate you helping me out with this. That is one ANNOYING pop up
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavery View Post
THANKS!!! I'll hope that it works since I'm not in a "voice only" area right now. I really appreciate you helping me out with this. That is one ANNOYING pop up
Not a problem, let me know if it worked out.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

zsunsun is just getting started

How's everyone doing with 29007 now?

I have 29005 right now and single and only problem I have right now is application shutting off randomly and TCPMP getting corrupted after 5~6 uses.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

flacoman91 is just getting started

woot! new titanium roms!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsunsun View Post
How's everyone doing with 29007 now?

I have 29005 right now and single and only problem I have right now is application shutting off randomly and TCPMP getting corrupted after 5~6 uses.
29007 build from 16th jan is rock solid!
As the previous 29007 versions...(and also 29005).

Unfortunately DFT is still down...so we don't have new WM builds to play with. Anyway M$oft is working on Wm6.5.x, transitioning it under the name "Embedded", and we will have new WM builds for a lot of months.
Also HTC is working...they released a new Huashan and a new Leo (german) rom, with some new packages (see here).
I think we are all waiting Oboe's update, to have a lot of new stuff
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacoman91 View Post
woot! new titanium roms!
thanks/d..got that twit as well
finally!! thanks nrg
Energy.RHODCDMA.29007.Titanium.Jan.18.7z
Old 01-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Gsaraco is a n00b

I have problems with Sense being pretty sluggish in these ROMs, mainly when switching fuctions. For example, if I'm on someone's contact page and I try to back out (either through the "back" soft button or pressing the end call button) it takes really long, like 10-20 seconds. This is right after a Task29 and flash too. What could be the culprit? Could my imported settings be messing with it maybe (it automatically detected and imported these settings on my first bootup with the new build). Could a huge glut of old txt messages be slowing things down, should I avoid syncing those with Microsoft MyPhone?

I am on Energy.RHODCDMA.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jan.16, but this happened with the older build I was using too.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsaraco View Post
I have problems with Sense being pretty sluggish in these ROMs, mainly when switching fuctions. For example, if I'm on someone's contact page and I try to back out (either through the "back" soft button or pressing the end call button) it takes really long, like 10-20 seconds. This is right after a Task29 and flash too. What could be the culprit? Could my imported settings be messing with it maybe (it automatically detected and imported these settings on my first bootup with the new build). Could a huge glut of old txt messages be slowing things down, should I avoid syncing those with Microsoft MyPhone?

I am on Energy.RHODCDMA.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jan.16, but this happened with the older build I was using too.
Probably the problem is the amount of SMS, or something you installed/imported.
Try to hard reset the phone.
Use it without adding nothing, and then add things one after the other, to discover the bad one (i personally think too many SMS stored are the cause, but could be also some programs or reg entries).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development