PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Off Topic

I am a big fan of Internet guru Kim Komandos news letters, here is a resent quote from her on a news story about windows 7 mobile:

"Third-party service behind Windows Phone 7 phantom data.
Earlier this month, Windows Phone 7 users reported strange data use on their phones. Microsoft now says that the source is an unnamed third-party service. Microsoft says it is working with the service to fix the issue. Maybe it's time to finally upgrade that old brick of a phone you have."

Wow, thats brutal, does Microsoft even have a clue?
Woohoo! lol

And this is exactly why if I had to stick with a MS mobile OS, it'll be with winmo65x for now. We know the chefs have torn apart everything so we are not completely surprised as to what garbage is running behind the scenes. It will be fun to hear all the privacy gotchas and such by those that are hacking away at wp7 find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
I had been sticking with a Dec 13 cookie 1.8.5 rom because I hated the cookie 2.0 beta roms. Finally upgraded today, I can't really even tell the difference with 2.0 anymore. We'll see how a week or two of use slows the phone down, but for now the latest jan 23rd rom seems to be pretty slick!

No momentary hangs for me yet Van G, or at least not any worse than I've always had with this phone.
Yeah I tried in vain to stick with CHT185 ROMs, but looks like NGRZ stopped after the Dec.27 ROMs. Let us know how your experience goes...
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I don't know what options you all have set... but do you have it so the SIP is auto deployed on an input field? eg, in the Advanced Settings GUI, I think its usually disabled by default in NRGZ ROMs for some time now. The few times I was playing around and enabled it, that caused me some grief.

However, I have a few users that love using swype for their primary SIP. None have ever complained about any major slow downs when the swype keyboard is deployed to the screen. If there was any significant pause I would be hearing earfuls from them. We pretty relied on the ROMs where NRGZ had whatever version he baked in. I know there was a period he did not, and I had to install one of the cabs from the paperclip (swype3.9.5032.cab) that a fellow ppcg member posted some time back. No issues with it from what I remember.
Well, I don't find the Advanced Settings GUI menu, I know, I am not very smart.
When I open or close the keyboard, it takes about 7 seconds to redraw the screen (landscape to portrait and 7 more to go back to portrait when I close the keyboard). If I add Swype as a default keyboard (but don't open it) it takes about 20 seconds or more to redraw the screen when I open or close the keyboard. And everything else seems slower too. So, I am just using the hardware keyboard a lot more. The problem comes when I have to type in other languages that need things like ñ, é, ç, ê, and ¡ I have not figured out a quick way to input those in the physical keyboard.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Well the time has come for now. TERADOG i would have never got to VIP without ya buddy. I sat on my beloved phone smashing the screen, and after fighting with sprint and whatnot about getting a new one i just got a EVO through my business. Im still fighting to get the replacement since that was a personal phone so hopefully ill be back in the action here shortly!!!!!!! But if i cant I just want to let all of you senior NRG freaks like me thanks and its been one HELL of a ride guys!!!!! Ill still poke in here from time to time to help out as much as i can!!!!! Once again THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:19 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Well the time has come for now. TERADOG i would have never got to VIP without ya buddy. I sat on my beloved phone smashing the screen, and after fighting with sprint and whatnot about getting a new one i just got a EVO through my business. Im still fighting to get the replacement since that was a personal phone so hopefully ill be back in the action here shortly!!!!!!! But if i cant I just want to let all of you senior NRG freaks like me thanks and its been one HELL of a ride guys!!!!! Ill still poke in here from time to time to help out as much as i can!!!!! Once again THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
Drat, I thought I was next in line! Are the Android gods punishing me? Guess I need to make VIP first. I need 24 more Thanks! Come on people, thank me! lol Congrats on the Evo. It would be my choice too, on Sprint, despite its age and numerous flaws...

Anyway, as tempted as I am to run forth into the sweet embrace of Android, I'm dying to hear what Sprint and magician extraordinaire David Blaine have to say for themselves on Feb. 7th. It's the only thing holding me back. "Industry first"? Just give me the LG 2X already!

Last edited by sly; 01-24-2011 at 10:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Hey, there you are.. lol, I was wondering out loud here: #29681 (@ bottom of post) just as I suspected... took you a whole month to fess up eh?! LOL!! So, why the evo & not the epic..? (Some off topic latitude based on the tons of helpful posts) As you probably won't even see this post.. I'll pm you :>))
I thought the $ for the phone was a tad high until I saw all the others selling for that or above!
lol hey bro, well to tell the truth i hadn't stopped by to say anything because i had went out of town around 16 December and didn't get back until around 5 January and then i got swamped with work and all and really hadn't had a chance to get online until recently, which of course i did so that i could root the EVO lol. like i told DaveTN in a pm was that NRG does a great job with his roms and a lot of that is like an android like the EVO, but i wanted something new and figured that android is going to be the way forward so wanted to jump on the bandwagon and see what the hype was about, so bottom line is that although the TP2 with NRG's roms are great i wanted the real deal and a phone that was made the way i wanted it.

i personally chose the EVO instead of the Epic because although my last two phones had keyboards i found that i didn't use them that often, plus the EVO's screen is a little bigger and it was a little cheaper <$50>, love the phone so far and mess with it a lot more than i had my previous two phones, but not to change a bunch of stuff but to just in general by playing games and trying different programs from the market.

you saying that you thought my thread selling my TP2 was a little high? if so, i thought the same thing also until i seen the ads for others that either were selling or had sold, plus when someone is buying it they are doing so straight out and they are not having to use their upgrade or extend their contract, plus mine comes with a 4GB SD Card and a black leather case and a extra wall charger so i figured it was fair, maybe not since i only had one offer lol, but I'm not in a hurry to sell and if i don't sell then I'll give it to someone in the family or the wife, it's tax time so maybe people are broke and waiting on their money to come in.

I definitely have love for the TP2 and the community here that has taught me a lot, so i appreciate all the help and guidance that everyone has given me and feel free to pm me if you think i can help with something. <sorry for the long post lol>.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Drat, I thought I was next in line! Are the Android gods punishing me? Guess I need to make VIP first. I need 24 more Thanks! Come on people, thank me! lol Congrats on the Evo. It would be my choice too, on Sprint, despite its age and numerous flaws...

Anyway, as tempted as I am to run forth into the sweet embrace of Android, I'm dying to hear what Sprint and magician extraordinaire David Blaine have to say for themselves on Feb. 7th. It's the only thing holding me back. "Industry first"? Just give me the LG 2X already!
lmfao, i feel sorry for you, so here's a thanks.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:18 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Well the EVO seems to have the better battery life and there is more out there for it rom wise/themes, ect.!!!! I did my research!!!! Funny thing was about 10 mins after i posted that sprint called and they are sending me another so its GAME ON!!!!! I love the phone!!!!!! But any way back to the fabulous thread that is NRG!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

there was nothing new introduced causing anyone elses battery to be considered by winmo to be completely charged at 95% now as opposed to 100% right? it's my battery going bad..i think..???
Old 01-25-2011, 03:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hurdpcs is keeping up the good workhurdpcs is keeping up the good work

Other than the bluetooth headset not hanging up problem, NRG is by far my favorite rom. However, with the way I have to use my phone, the earpiece hanging up has got to work. So in an effort to find a solution that works I seem to have stumbled across something. I tried changing themes in "Settings-Home-Appearance". It seems that when ever I use either the Livven themes or Classic Blue, the headset hangs up everytime. Anytime I use any of the Energy themes (no offense NRG), the hang up problems returns. I am currently running the Jan 23 Cookie 2.0 29007 rom. I hope this helps someone.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hurdpcs is keeping up the good workhurdpcs is keeping up the good work

When I tested the bluetooth hanging up, I had no contact info or email reloaded to the phone after flashing it. I restored my info from PIM Backup and now I am back to the "won't hangup" problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development