PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Hello,
I have been happy with the build listed below for a while and have been trying the various Android builds.

Does anyone know if this build works OK in Europe with purchased SIM cards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, it should work fine if you have it unlocked.
Worked fine for me in South America. It even automatically switch to GSM when it detected no CDMA signal.
?? If you're talking about the Windows side (ROM), then you don't need unlocked to use outside the U.S.... only inside! Should work fine as is.. Of course that's with Sprint SIM... so, good question... does it need to be unlocked to use a different SIM, been so long since I looked at that... I'm sure it's in one of the sticky's, let us know what you find!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Heh heh heh. Wasn't trying to be a post hog...just opportunistic.

I had thanked you for your help on the sim card/wifi tethering post and then answered the one about vibrating and saw that I was pretty close. I usually try to keep my posts organized and not use multiquote for different questions/answers. But when I saw 30k coming up, I couldn't resist.

Funny thing is (and I'll have to go back and look) I think I got the 20k one too. Man, I must spend too much time here...I should really be studying for my genetics, pathophysiology and pharmacology exams.

Anyway, congrats to NRG for such a good and long running ROM and forum thread. And thanks to all of the regular contributors too.
Now that's funny! Hard to believe 3000 pages & 30,000 posts on same page! I was going to take the 30k post as well but thought it would be a little much.. LOL :>)) good one
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
There are way too many variables, and you are providing virtually no information. The idea of a forum/community is for it's members to help each other, not to simply insult the chef.

My first thought is that you should make sure you task29, and/or flash to stock rom before flashing to a new rom. You may have some lingering issues from another Rom.

What else are you installing after the flash?

Are you overclocking?
What Carrier are you on?

If you could provide some of those answer before complaining maybe we can help you figure this out. Otherwise please read the WIKI:
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nergy_CDMA_ROM
Darn good thing you dropped into this forum chuggy! thanks/d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Just wanted to stop by and see how things were going with all the regs, things OK with me and I haven't been around because I switched to the EVO, yeah yeah I know lol, but it was a Christmas gift so what could I do. Anyways hope all is well, also if you know of anyone looking for a good TP2 hit me up, here's the link to the thread I am selling it in: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/bargain-tr...ro-2-sale.html, thanks!
Hey, there you are.. lol, I was wondering out loud here: #29681 (@ bottom of post) just as I suspected... took you a whole month to fess up eh?! LOL!! So, why the evo & not the epic..? (Some off topic latitude based on the tons of helpful posts) As you probably won't even see this post.. I'll pm you :>))
I thought the $ for the phone was a tad high until I saw all the others selling for that or above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I was offline to for a bit and you beat me to the response. Thanked...
T'd back.. lol but i was guilty of not reading all previous pages (on tp2 @ hockey rink)... powinmo actually post it a page earlier here: #30010 :>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey teradog. I see that you asked me to explain problems with swype a few pages back. I was having freezing issues wit every swype cab. seemed that if something else was hogging all the memory swype would freeze the whole phone until it was done. that was before I noticed nrg had began to cook swype in as I ideally drop swype in uc folder. well nrg's cooked in version doesn't seem to have any of the weird issues ive experienced previously. what version of swype is this? I typed this using swype, works great, no lag freezing or anything and in trying my best to make it freeze ...
So no resolution except using NRG's version works for u, right.. I'm just looking for a couple line common problem summary & couple lines of resolution for FAQ, anyone want to sum up one, please let me know..
Quote:
I have a different result than Puff, if I choose Swype as my keyboard, it just bogs down the phone just like the ones I install (2.0 and 3.9). It makes it especially slow when you open the keyboard, the screen takes forever to redraw horizontally and start reading my keystrokes. But it slows down the phone in general for everything.
that's what you get for using swype with the keyboard out lol..

*edit* re. all the details of the differences in the various 007 builds... looks like it's about time to flash off my current 29005 onto 007... lol... :>)) **

Last edited by teradog; 01-24-2011 at 11:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Is there any point in installing the following cabs or perform carrier provisioning on sprint (I thought NRG included most of them when he was asking for device specific feedback a couple months back)? I stopped installing many of these but the last couple of ROM's the wifi has been shutting down on me when the phone sleeps and MMS isn't working without running the provisioning.
1. sprint provisioning (under tools)
2. NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh
3. wifi on in standyby
4. touchresponse_high
5. SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy
6. NoPushInternet_v2
7. Enhanced D3d Driver
8. At0mAng Enhanced D3D Driver
9. NEW_Maxx134_Complete_BatterySaving_RegEdits3

Or is there a way to comb through NRG's ROM so I can see which cabs are included? I tried htcRIE and noticed a LiveLocationCAB.cab that hasn't always been there but can't verify anything else. Lately after installing all these cabs I've noticed when internet sharing via usb it will freeze or I will get a #777 error not able to connect after it was working for a minute or two and then on my pc windows mobile device center starts interfering. I want to make sure one of these cabs isn't breaking it. Thanks to all.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 01-24-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:07 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
Is there any point in installing the following cabs or perform carrier provisioning on sprint (I thought NRG included most of them when he was asking for device specific feedback a couple months back)? I stopped installing many of these but the last couple of ROM's the wifi has been shutting down on me when the phone sleeps and MMS isn't working without running the provisioning.
1. sprint provisioning (under tools)
2. NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh
3. wifi on in standyby
4. touchresponse_high
5. SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy
6. NoPushInternet_v2
7. Enhanced D3d Driver
8. At0mAng Enhanced D3D Driver
9. NEW_Maxx134_Complete_BatterySaving_RegEdits3
great Q, here's my understanding... but i'm a few ROM's behind
1 done, 2 done but has smaller size limit, would need cab if larger needed, 3. I always run that cab, didn't think he ever built that in, 4. never use it dunno, 5. i took it out of my restore last burn, things work fine.. 6. *(I) took it out, 7. took it out, 8. took it out, 9. took it out
EVERYTHING seems to run fast & great for me...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
?? If you're talking about the Windows side (ROM), then you don't need unlocked to use outside the U.S.... only inside! Should work fine as is.. Of course that's with Sprint SIM... so, good question... does it need to be unlocked to use a different SIM, been so long since I looked at that... I'm sure it's in one of the sticky's, let us know what you find!
Sprint version is unlocked to work outside USA with any sim card.
I am using a Sprint TP2 with italian and moldavian SIM cards.

Maybe other carriers locked their phone, but for sure with Sprint you need only to plug your foreign SIM (outside USA) and it will automatically work.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
that's what you get for using swype with the keyboard out lol..
I did not try to use swype with the keyboard out. I had Swype selected as default keyboard. I had to answer an email and decided to use the hardware keyboard, Swype had not popped up, I opened the keyboard and the phone froze for a few minutes. It freezes other times too. It doesn't get along with my phone. I just don't use it any more. If I ever get a phone without a hardware keyboard, I will probably use it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:07 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Give me a day or two. Traveling...
Quote:
thanks man
Puff,

Went to edit the XML for you on my phone (a pain) and realized there really is no need.

Did you ever try just renaming to .cab and dropping in your XML_UC directory.

From what I can tell, a TSK file is a CAB.

Let me know if it works (reboot after install). If not, I will edit the XML.

ND
Attached Files
File Type: cab EnergyROM 2007.tsk.cab (583.4 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Off Topic

I am a big fan of Internet guru Kim Komandos news letters, here is a resent quote from her on a news story about windows 7 mobile:

"Third-party service behind Windows Phone 7 phantom data.
Earlier this month, Windows Phone 7 users reported strange data use on their phones. Microsoft now says that the source is an unnamed third-party service. Microsoft says it is working with the service to fix the issue. Maybe it's time to finally upgrade that old brick of a phone you have."

Wow, thats brutal, does Microsoft even have a clue?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started

Been having a lot of screen lag and lookup's with the last 3 rom's 29005, 29007 (currently on 16th). Wondering if 23rd rom has fixed the following:
- screen hangs on last closed screen and will not return to home sense home screen for extended time (10 seconds) or sleep/restart
- home screen hangs so you can't thumb scroll to another page and all of the icon buttons, with the exception of Start, Action Menu, are inoperable.

Seems to be more instances of hanging/freezing with the past 3 rom's. Memory seems to frequently drop into the teens regularly where it has been in the 30's and 40's previously.

I'm pretty much a stock user other than Telus provision and exchange account.

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510
Old 01-24-2011, 07:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

I had been sticking with a Dec 13 cookie 1.8.5 rom because I hated the cookie 2.0 beta roms. Finally upgraded today, I can't really even tell the difference with 2.0 anymore. We'll see how a week or two of use slows the phone down, but for now the latest jan 23rd rom seems to be pretty slick!

No momentary hangs for me yet Van G, or at least not any worse than I've always had with this phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
hey teradog. I see that you asked me to explain problems with swype a few pages back. I was having freezing issues wit every swype cab. seemed that if something else was hogging all the memory swype would freeze the whole phone until it was done. that was before I noticed nrg had began to cook swype in as I ideally drop swype in uc folder. well nrg's cooked in version doesn't seem to have any of the weird issues ive experienced previously. what version of swype is this? I typed this using swype, works great, no lag freezing or anything and in trying my best to make it freeze
Quote:
I have a different result than Puff, if I choose Swype as my keyboard, it just bogs down the phone just like the ones I install (2.0 and 3.9). It makes it especially slow when you open the keyboard, the screen takes forever to redraw horizontally and start reading my keystrokes. But it slows down the phone in general for everything.
Quote:
I did not try to use swype with the keyboard out. I had Swype selected as default keyboard. I had to answer an email and decided to use the hardware keyboard, Swype had not popped up, I opened the keyboard and the phone froze for a few minutes. It freezes other times too. It doesn't get along with my phone. I just don't use it any more. If I ever get a phone without a hardware keyboard, I will probably use it.
I don't know what options you all have set... but do you have it so the SIP is auto deployed on an input field? eg, in the Advanced Settings GUI, I think its usually disabled by default in NRGZ ROMs for some time now. The few times I was playing around and enabled it, that caused me some grief.

However, I have a few users that love using swype for their primary SIP. None have ever complained about any major slow downs when the swype keyboard is deployed to the screen. If there was any significant pause I would be hearing earfuls from them. We pretty relied on the ROMs where NRGZ had whatever version he baked in. I know there was a period he did not, and I had to install one of the cabs from the paperclip (swype3.9.5032.cab) that a fellow ppcg member posted some time back. No issues with it from what I remember.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development