View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Hello,
I have been happy with the build listed below for a while and have been trying the various Android builds.

Does anyone know if this build works OK in Europe with purchased SIM cards?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, it should work fine if you have it unlocked.
Worked fine for me in South America. It even automatically switch to GSM when it detected no CDMA signal.
?? If you're talking about the Windows side (ROM), then you don't need unlocked to use outside the U.S.... only inside! Should work fine as is.. Of course that's with Sprint SIM... so, good question... does it need to be unlocked to use a different SIM, been so long since I looked at that... I'm sure it's in one of the sticky's, let us know what you find!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Heh heh heh. Wasn't trying to be a post hog...just opportunistic.

I had thanked you for your help on the sim card/wifi tethering post and then answered the one about vibrating and saw that I was pretty close. I usually try to keep my posts organized and not use multiquote for different questions/answers. But when I saw 30k coming up, I couldn't resist.

Funny thing is (and I'll have to go back and look) I think I got the 20k one too. Man, I must spend too much time here...I should really be studying for my genetics, pathophysiology and pharmacology exams.

Anyway, congrats to NRG for such a good and long running ROM and forum thread. And thanks to all of the regular contributors too.
Now that's funny! Hard to believe 3000 pages & 30,000 posts on same page! I was going to take the 30k post as well but thought it would be a little much.. LOL :>)) good one
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
There are way too many variables, and you are providing virtually no information. The idea of a forum/community is for it's members to help each other, not to simply insult the chef.

My first thought is that you should make sure you task29, and/or flash to stock rom before flashing to a new rom. You may have some lingering issues from another Rom.

What else are you installing after the flash?

Are you overclocking?
What Carrier are you on?

If you could provide some of those answer before complaining maybe we can help you figure this out. Otherwise please read the WIKI:
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nergy_CDMA_ROM
Darn good thing you dropped into this forum chuggy! thanks/d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Just wanted to stop by and see how things were going with all the regs, things OK with me and I haven't been around because I switched to the EVO, yeah yeah I know lol, but it was a Christmas gift so what could I do. Anyways hope all is well, also if you know of anyone looking for a good TP2 hit me up, here's the link to the thread I am selling it in: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/bargain-tr...ro-2-sale.html, thanks!
Hey, there you are.. lol, I was wondering out loud here: #29681 (@ bottom of post) just as I suspected... took you a whole month to fess up eh?! LOL!! So, why the evo & not the epic..? (Some off topic latitude based on the tons of helpful posts) As you probably won't even see this post.. I'll pm you :>))
I thought the $ for the phone was a tad high until I saw all the others selling for that or above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I was offline to for a bit and you beat me to the response. Thanked...
T'd back.. lol but i was guilty of not reading all previous pages (on tp2 @ hockey rink)... powinmo actually post it a page earlier here: #30010 :>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey teradog. I see that you asked me to explain problems with swype a few pages back. I was having freezing issues wit every swype cab. seemed that if something else was hogging all the memory swype would freeze the whole phone until it was done. that was before I noticed nrg had began to cook swype in as I ideally drop swype in uc folder. well nrg's cooked in version doesn't seem to have any of the weird issues ive experienced previously. what version of swype is this? I typed this using swype, works great, no lag freezing or anything and in trying my best to make it freeze ...
So no resolution except using NRG's version works for u, right.. I'm just looking for a couple line common problem summary & couple lines of resolution for FAQ, anyone want to sum up one, please let me know..
Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
I have a different result than Puff, if I choose Swype as my keyboard, it just bogs down the phone just like the ones I install (2.0 and 3.9). It makes it especially slow when you open the keyboard, the screen takes forever to redraw horizontally and start reading my keystrokes. But it slows down the phone in general for everything.
that's what you get for using swype with the keyboard out lol..

*edit* re. all the details of the differences in the various 007 builds... looks like it's about time to flash off my current 29005 onto 007... lol... :>)) **

Last edited by teradog; 01-24-2011 at 11:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.