PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Long time flasher… First time poster…

Thanks to NRG for all his work making these ROMs!

Also, thanks to all the great tips posted on this thread. I’ve read them ALL and they have helped me with every issue I’ve had.

In fact, I have a tip of my own. I use Swype and love it. It does have a problem looking up contacts when typing in a name for new texts and emails.

However, if you type the first name (last or whatever), then type space and backspace. The contact info will come up. It works every time is a lot faster for me than trying look up the contact first to initiate a new message.

Enjoy…
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Pardon me for what is probably a Mr. Obvious comment but,...........DO NOT USE THIS CAB IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE SPRINT NETWORK!!!! I learned this the hard way when I was just braking into the whole winmo thing back with my 6800. Only time I ever thought I had actually bricked my phone. Took me 2 days to back out of it, boy was I sweating [-o<.
good point on that, but i myself thought it was obvious since the name of the cab starts with sprint lol, but it's all good, better to much information than not enough that's for sure.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxguyjr View Post
I am running Sept 8 24634 Dinik rom..hoping battery gets better in a day or 2...the one thing that I have seen is on the Calendar tab. The Month view has 2 darker line down the middle and on the week view the highlights to show appointments are to hard to see. Is anyone else having this problem as well?
i think you'll end up getting better battery life, like we all say is to let the rom "settle" in for a couple of days, i know i have complained on ocassion about it also but we have to be patient, for example is that yesterday i pulled my phone off the charger from charging all night, so i took it off the charger and turned the phone on and it was at 98%, weird right, well i still had to shower and all that so i threw it back on the charger and low and behold it charged to 100% and actually did good yesterday, a couple phone calls and some light texting and by the time i went to bed last night at 11:30pm it was still at 66%, so it is getting better.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInTulsa View Post
Long time flasher… First time poster…

Thanks to NRG for all his work making these ROMs!

Also, thanks to all the great tips posted on this thread. I’ve read them ALL and they have helped me with every issue I’ve had.

In fact, I have a tip of my own. I use Swype and love it. It does have a problem looking up contacts when typing in a name for new texts and emails.

However, if you type the first name (last or whatever), then type space and backspace. The contact info will come up. It works every time is a lot faster for me than trying look up the contact first to initiate a new message.

Enjoy…
just wanted to say great job on actually reading about what you are doing and researching things on your own before asking a bunch of questions, if everyone would do that then this thread would be a lot smaller, anyways just wanted to say welcome to the thread, i hit your thanks button for researching/reading the thread and also sharing a tip on the swype keyboard <which we already knew, but none the less shared>.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

NRG thanks for the latest update... also check your twitter feed, I hit you up with a question about which font you use for your roms. In other news thanks for moving back to Hotfile, hope it works out better this time around.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

after 24hrs worth of abuse on the rom i only have one standing issue,Arkswitch will not stay open for anything..........................until i installed the latest Arkswitch 1.2 which was released on the 5th

as always another great build IMO,still waiting for battery life to get adjusted before i can comment on that,but happy with the latest release overall

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
after 24hrs worth of abuse on the rom i only have one standing issue,Arkswitch will not stay open for anything..........................until i installed the latest Arkswitch 1.2 which was released on the 5th

as always another great build IMO,still waiting for battery life to get adjusted before i can comment on that,but happy with the latest release overall
Thanks for the heads up.

Ive been having this problem as well. Doesn't installing V1.2 over the current version cause any glitches since its already cooked in? Shouldn't the current version be uninstalled in order to avoid any conflict?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

Ive been having this problem as well. Doesn't installing V1.2 over the current version cause any glitches since its already cooked in? Shouldn't the current version be uninstalled in order to avoid any conflict?
nope no conflict at all,and since it's cooked in you won't be uninstalling the cooked in version either
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

1- Thanks Straitup for the tip, works great (any clue on how to change the 47,345 kb free to 67mb free? i hate those big figures). Also, any tweaks or changes do you do to the default arkswitch settings?

2-Swype Question: anyone know how to tell Swype to automatically "SPACE" after pressing a dot "." Because when you please a "." at the end of a sentence, it doesnt automatically "space". its not like finishing a word where it automatically spaces.

Thanks
Bteljuice
Old 09-09-2010, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
2-Swype Question: anyone know how to tell Swype to automatically "SPACE" after pressing a dot "." Because when you please a "." at the end of a sentence, it doesnt automatically "space". its not like finishing a word where it automatically spaces.

Thanks
Bteljuice
I dont have any issues with puncuation at all with swype even periods. I notice when I manually type in a word so it can be swype'd then a period, it wont automatically put in the space.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development