PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTCEE View Post
Sorry if this was asked, but I want to update my ROM to the newest 6.5.3 but all I see is 21679 and 21916. None in the 23XXX. Are both of those 6.5? Thanks in advance.
As far as I can tell, the 21679 replaces the 23xxx, the 21916 is the continuation of the old 21xxx
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

ROM's:
* Sept 24 ROM 21679 is the new fallback standard. BASELINE ROM for 6.5.x
(imho)
......(DRM needs to go back farther to 23xxx I think)
* 21679 IS the 6.5.x ROM, replacing 23xxx, 24xxx, etc.. (Win & X key on bottom)
All Windows 6.5 BUILDS HERE: ~thanks SLY

ROCK SOLID, no memory leaks, fast, CSM/quickmenu RAM saving option, etc..
If you're not on Sept 24 at this point, especially with Cookie 2 out (9/26), I highly doubt any fixes or additional help will be available to you unless someone sees your post & happens to have had the same issue. Go ahead & post, but you probably won't see NRG putting up a patch or fix cab for it. Like always, try flashing the latest & see if your issue goes away.

Personally I'm on cookie 2 and with the phone answer fix I have no show stopping issues!

COOKIE 2 ISSUES/FIXES Sept 26 & 27 ROMs:
(SUMMARY)
*** HUGE fix #1 probably EVERYONE NEEDS for cookie 2 ROM ***
(Only IF you have this issue!!)
1a. Can't answer phone:
"Go into registry editor>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings Now under the list look for the Name: SuspendResum and if it says anything other than #777 then change it to #777. Fixes the slider and answering phone..."Original post here: thanks ...Agentz919
**Some say this cab does same thing but fix doesn't stick after reboot? answerPhoneFix_NoReset[1].cab Thanks Madjoker for cab this post
1b. Can't answer phone: Old problem with "Advanced Config" XDA discussion ~thanks buddywiser for bringing this to light again
2. Lockscreen issues, look here: Original post thanks Kiowa
3. Startmenu delays: Original post thanks kots
4. Sense restart loop: Space apart your home screen more, don't cram too much on. Slow down your Over Clocking one or 2 steps. (thanks Kiowa i think for OC tip)
5. Text/mail count resets to 0 without me checking it.
menu>CHT Editor>Widget settings>messages and check what your settings are for marking the messages as read, looks to me that it's going to mark the message as read at two seconds, try turning it off
~thanks Kiowa Original post here
(mine was off by default)

PLEASE DO NOT THANK THIS POST!! CLICK ON ORIGINAL POSTS & THANK!!
~please let me know if I should add, change or delete something here, or if I gave credit to wrong people
~please feel free to repost or give link back to this post to explain common questions over the next few days.
(don't/no need to credit me)
Here is the link to this post copy & paste into a future post to answer: 21679 & Cookie 2

** MMS fix cab download
is the same as the last 200 times!! Search this thread for MMS
Or click on the beginning of the forum section, look for this thread & click the paper clip.
Clicking top left on this page does the same here:
CDMA TP2 Upgrade

EMAIL tip: Move it all to your storage card. How? click here!! Keep your TP2 & ROM fast! (use on any ROM) ~thanks WarAxe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]
"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Messaging\\Attachments"
"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Messaging"
"DbPath"="\\Storage Card\\cemail.vol"

Last edited by teradog; 09-29-2010 at 11:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Too many issues with the Co0kie 2 ROM. Flashing back to the Sep. 24th for now.

Looking forward to Co0kie coming out of beta.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

ok gonna ask one last time before i switch roms, is there any way to get MMS working?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

you know it's weird about the "can't answer phone" issue, the day before yesterday i think it was i had the GPRS thing like everyone else and like i said before i had made some changes in CHT 2.0 and couldn't get it fixed, soooo i hard reset, now my phone is automatically set to #777 without any cabs or any input from me, i know people might not want to hear this, but if you are a new rom and having issues you might want to hard reset again and definitely check your cabs one by one by apparently something i had installed before was messing with some stuff, i only installed cabs that i felt were absolutely necessary for me and some of my issues had cleared up.

domoarigato: yes mms/sms works for sprint, the first thing after flashing a rom is to provision your phone start>tools>carrier provisioning and then select sprint, soft reset phone and then install the sprint NRG/Boush mms cab from the paperclip for this thread, also i remember seeing the link to it posted on this page or the last one and then everything should work, if it doesn't then it's something else you are installing thats causing it not to work.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoarigato View Post
ok gonna ask one last time before i switch roms, is there any way to get MMS working?
That topic has been beaten to death in this thread. If you do a little reading and look at the forum attachments - see my sig line - you will FIND your answer.

David
Old 09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

netengineer is keeping up the good worknetengineer is keeping up the good work

I think I am going to wait until NGR puts out a new change log on the ROMs..... Usally when he does that the ROMs he post are the more stable ones.

I have been away from the Energy ROMs for a while (I needed to be able to use my Bluetooth ear piece and it would never work correctly) I went to XpressGlass/Dinik Anastasia - [07/07] and it works great but I want to go back to Energy. NGR, just updates everything and let's face it.... it's fun to flash a new ROM all the time. It's Like getting a new phone!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

ARG! After 2+ days with the 216xx build of Cookie 2.0 and I've beginning to have a lot of small issues. Not sure if it's Cookie 2.0 or the 216xx build (I was using Cookie 219xx before). I really like the flexibility of Cookie 2.0. I am going to give the 219xx build of Cookie 2.0 a shot.

my main problem was the #777 regedit not sticking and causing my phone to have a long delay in answering calls, also sprint mms was not working right - mms would work 1 out of 10 tries [i did properly provision/install the sprint mms settings cab].

UPDATE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
you know it's weird about the "can't answer phone" issue, the day before yesterday i think it was i had the GPRS thing like everyone else and like i said before i had made some changes in CHT 2.0 and couldn't get it fixed, soooo i hard reset, now my phone is automatically set to #777 without any cabs or any input from me, i know people might not want to hear this, but if you are a new rom and having issues you might want to hard reset again and definitely check your cabs one by one by apparently something i had installed before was messing with some stuff, i only installed cabs that i felt were absolutely necessary for me and some of my issues had cleared up.
So I did a hardreset and figured I'd give the 216xx build of Cookie 2.0 one more try and what do you know? I provisioned for Sprint and installed the Sprint MMS settings cab and an old Mr. X PRL/Profile/Firmware updater (the PRL/Profile updater posted in this thread does not seem to work for me but the old Mr. X ones does for me for some reason). And the #777 was there I didn't even need to make any edits, and my MMS works 100% now. Now I have to be careful what I install. But now that those issues are taken care of I can enjoy this rom and sit back and wait for the next release!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

Last edited by japper88; 09-29-2010 at 01:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
ARG! After 2+ days with the 216xx build of Cookie 2.0 and I've beginning to have a lot of small issues. Not sure if it's Cookie 2.0 or the 216xx build (I was using Cookie 219xx before). I really like the flexibility of Cookie 2.0. I am going to give the 219xx build of Cookie 2.0 a shot.

my main problem was the #777 regedit not sticking and causing my phone to have a long delay in answering calls, also sprint mms was not working right - mms would work 1 out of 10 tries [i did properly provision/install the sprint mms settings cab].

UPDATE:

So I did a hardreset and figured I'd give the 216xx build of Cookie 2.0 one more try and what do you know? I provisioned for Sprint and installed the Sprint MMS settings cab and an old Mr. X PRL/Profile/Firmware updater (the PRL/Profile updater posted in this thread does not seem to work for me but the old Mr. X ones does for me for some reason). And the #777 was there I didn't even need to make any edits, and my MMS works 100% now. Now I have to be careful what I install. But now that those issues are taken care of I can enjoy this rom and sit back and wait for the next release!
lol see i told you that it was weird that the first flash things were quirky but the second time i flashed and set things up everything has been working fine, it's weird but it's working and actually i'm liking things a lot better today with the phone moreso than i did the other day, i was frustrated with the new CHT and not knowing how to work most things and then the issues it was having, now i'm 95% happy, battery life is a little sucky so far and i hate the damn "stats" hand and sun at the top center of the hometab that won't stay off like i set it, oh well i'm sure things will get better.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:27 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
lol see i told you that it was weird that the first flash things were quirky but the second time i flashed and set things up everything has been working fine, it's weird but it's working and actually i'm liking things a lot better today with the phone moreso than i did the other day, i was frustrated with the new CHT and not knowing how to work most things and then the issues it was having, now i'm 95% happy, battery life is a little sucky so far and i hate the damn "stats" hand and sun at the top center of the hometab that won't stay off like i set it, oh well i'm sure things will get better.
Yea CHT 2.0 has a bit of a learning curve, but once I got the hang of it I was pretty happy. I've noticed the reduced battery life, but I still manage to get to the end of the day without recharging, but barely. The "Stats" hand and the sun ARE annoying, but the price of progress right?

I can't wait for some more cool CHT widgets. I managed to get most of my stuff on to one page, leaving me unsure what to do with the remaining 2 pages, maybe I'll just turn them off...

UPDATE: apparently I spoke too soon, everything is working except... something weird is going on with my quicklinks, they keep getting populated by the same program i only selected once. like i select it to run a program then all of the quicklinks are only that one gram. task29ed it and did multiple hard resets... This did not happen before... arg!

Last edited by japper88; 09-29-2010 at 04:17 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development