PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Something must have been running in the background to lose 50% battery overnight
Not that i'm aware of. I do have my email to be received when it arrives, and then weather to update every hour, and then RSS every 4hrs.

Every other thing listed in the taskmanager seems to be just stuff that runs all the time and nothing out of the ordinary. I can try to set my email to sync like every few hours and my RSS and weather higher, but again that's only 2x for the RSS to update and 8x for the weather. Shouldn't drop 50%.

Right now i'm setting at 86% at 4:26pm and had a 100% charge at 2:30pm. Sent 2 texts, a call for 2min and that's it. My backlight is even pretty dim.

So now it's 10:44pm and I have 68% from my 100% charge at 2:30. So that's a little over 8hrs and much better than my drop from the phone being in the basement. I do think the reception has something to do with it because nothing has changed. In fact I have had the screen on more times cause I am awake and not asleep yet with the phone just setting there.

We'll give it a shot one more time tonight and see what happens. I'll try to get the charge to 100% if possible.

Last edited by quickstang; 09-13-2010 at 11:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
After making many of my own roms, to save my relationship LOL I decided to take a break and try out new roms. I keep reading about battery life issues. I understand the concern but beyond always being hooked up to a charger/usb port or buying multiple spares for under 10$ on amazon (wich work on the wifes evo too) i cant help to wonder why this is even an issue? Being an avid hunter (bored hunter lol) i appreciate the the extra batteries when there is no power sources. Just curious not try to start any riffs.
I have three extra and almost always use two per day. Not really a big problem for me. That way I can have the phone update as i want and have the screenbright like I enjoy the most...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
Thanks NRG for a weekend off. I can't remember the last time you did not post a new build for us to flash on a Friday or Saturday. The extra time came in handy!
LOL!!! :>)) ... great humor.. thanks... true,... on that note.. just hit every post back to pg 2515...-a couple... then ran out.. Dave just happened to have a bunch, so now @ 3900!.. a great day!

Last edited by teradog; 09-13-2010 at 09:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Squishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSquishy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone have a cab that disables the notification manager? I can't seem to find one. Thanks
d/l: 1293 bps u/l: 293 bps
Simply "Almost" Everything Plan
Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Skullneck is a n00b

I must have my head up my butt, I have a Sprint TP 2, and I can't find any instructions on how to install the Energy ROM. I've run Hard SPL (I think, is there an easy way to check?) and I've DL'd the Energy ROM. I'm ready to rip but don't want to brink my phone. lol

A link to tell me which file to run would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullneck View Post
I must have my head up my butt, I have a Sprint TP 2, and I can't find any instructions on how to install the Energy ROM. I've run Hard SPL (I think, is there an easy way to check?) and I've DL'd the Energy ROM. I'm ready to rip but don't want to brink my phone. lol

A link to tell me which file to run would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You can start here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...2-sd-card.html

Also, take a look at the "quick Faq's" in my signature line. Theres also a link in the quick faqs to a post by teradog that is very helpful and enlightening.

Since you've already found the ROM of your choice and downloaded it, you need to extract the zipped file. I use winrar to extract mine. Theres lots of other choices.

To flash from your computer, you need to have your phone connected and synced via active sync. Once you have done so, the open the folder that the ROM is extracted to and run the ROM update Utility. (Rhodium CDMA upgrade utility). It will ask you to confirm a few things then go into bootloader and then flashing.

After the ROM has finished flashing it will reboot. From there, run the carrier provisioning. (explore the start menu items to find it)

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-13-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Dell Axim x51v

slimbrown29 is a n00b

GTX audio Booster Skin Wanted

Haven't had any luck finding a GTX Audio booster skins (white skin with black lettering). If you have seen one, please point me in that direction.

Thank you
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Anyone have a cab that disables the notification manager? I can't seem to find one. Thanks
Are you talking about the vibration and blinking lights?

If so, Start > Settings > Sounds and notifications.

From there, uncheck or check the boxes you want or don't want.

Slide over to the notification tab and make the rest of your changes there.

David
Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Hmmm. It seems as if the "paperclip" is not working on any thread. I get a bad http error. However, the link to the cabs in my signature line still works.

David
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I know that everyone is excited about getting new ROM's to flash but it seems like there is a whole list of complaints that follow. I've been flashing custom ROM's on several phones for many years and here is a tried and true method that in almost all cases negates any issues.
  • Make sure your battery is FULLY CHARGED
  • Connect via Active sync. (Make sure you can browse your storage card)
  • Hard reset
  • Task29 (I DO NOT usually do this - personal preference) See links at bottom of this post if you want to learn more about TASK29
  • Flash your new ROM.
  • (I prefer to NOT USE Sashimi or XDA-UC)
  • Let things settle in a bit and start loading your customizations one at a time. I start with "MyPhone" to restore my contacts. If all runs well, I'll do my email configuration next.
  • Wait a day and see how tings go. NRG has a pretty good set of included apps so I can make due without any extras for a bit.
  • Start loading personal apps ONE BY ONE and see how things run after each before moving on to the next. Each app that you add will take up some of the memory so adding a whole bunch will eventually eat up enough to slow things down.
Text messages - do you really need to back up and restore 1000 texts? The more you save, the SLOWER sense is.

Battery - every time something polls data, it consumes battery. Do you really need to check the weather every hour? I set mine for every 6 hours. Can you live without PUSH mail? I have mine set to check every 3 hours. Alos, is location service that important for you? They all consume energy. Just by making those changes, I can get a good 24 to 36 hours in a weak signal area.

Read the FAQ's on the first page. There is lots of useful info there. EDIT: oops, sorry, no FAQ's yet.

Keyboard not working? See the downloads thread and look for your particular "carrier" keyboard fix. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=86489

Browse the attached files (the paper clip icon) for NRG ROM. Lots of useful things like Arcsoft MMS fix, Keyboard Fix, etc. EDIT: Heres a direct link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/misc.php?d...hments&t=86489

Read the last 20 pages. More than likely, what you have been looking for has been answered in the last 20 pages. Trust me on that.

Soft reset. A soft reset will usually cure many ills. You can add a shortcut link (quicklink) for soft reset. NRG has included it as a feature in his ROM. So, if you have a case for your phone, you son't have to pop it off every time you have to SR.

Storage Card. Many issues are related to storage cards. If you are having problems, remove your storage card and see if they go away. Class V and better is a good choice for speed.
A couple notes on storage cards. They do have their limits to the number of reads and writes and eventually will die. Back up your data to a computer. Defragging a storage card is like peeing on a forest fire. Its useless. Formatting is necessary only very infrequently and will only buy you time if you have a failing storage card.
There has been a rash of conterfeit storage cards that even the big manufacturers fell prey to - Kingston, SanDisk, etc. The cards were very good knockoffs but the quality was substandard. (Read the article on Engadget.com)

HTC Folder on storage card. There has been some discussion about random hangups and freezes. To fix this, navigate to the Application Data folder on your storage card and delete the HTC folder inside the Application Data folder.

SOD/Freezup? This tip is provided by lbcary: Disable arkswitch by removing the arkswitch shortcut from your startup files and program files. Since arkswitch is cooked into the ROM, it can not be "uninstalled" but you can prevent it from starting.
I had a total of 8 SOD's after flashing 09/08 and after following lbcary's advice, the SOD's went away.

Customizations, Task bars and Eye Candy. Run the ROM of you choice as it is for a few days. Loading all your task bars and other non-standard eye candy is just going to cause problems. Let things settle in first for a few days before you add it in.

Eye Candy. Yes, the billowing and moving clouds are great and I reallly like the lightning and especially the windshield wiper. But do you really need it on the home screen? Is the second hand that important? There was a post a few weeks ago that mentioned that the second hand was left out of cookies roms by default becuase it caused some problems. Having problems, slow downs? Turn off the eye candy.

Carrier Provisioning: If you can't get data to work, you can manually provision for your carrier. Start > Tools > Carrier Provisioning. Choose your carrier and save the settings.

Problems Tethering? This tip is provided by PPCG member Sly. If you are unable to tether, put your sim card back in its slot and tethering should start working correctly. If you don't have a sim card, buy a blank one off ebay and it *should* work.

Still Having Problems? Then you may have experienced what many call a "Bad Flash". There's many reasons for a bad flash but many agree that the best way to fix the problem is to redownload the ROM from NRG's download site, unzip and follow the flash procedure all over again. Sounds kind of crazy but it does work. So if you've exhauseted all other options, try redownloading and reflashing. Thanks Kozmo for the tip.

Add ons and such: NRG Specific addons can be found here: EnergyROM ROM Downloads

This is just some of the things I do and I have almost NO problems with the ROM's I flash.

EDIT: Info about Task29 for those interested. Two very informative and useful threads. (Don't forget to thank the threadstarters for the info)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=Task29

I hope this helps.

David

If you want a little more COMPREHENSIVE help, Teradog has posted a very detailed HOW TO here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037 Very informative and worth reading if you need flashing info.
Just bumping this up a bit for newcomers.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-14-2010 at 09:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development