PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
@lbcary

Thanks for the info. The HTC folder was fixed a while back (had to do with the documents tab that has since been removed by NRG), however, I was not aware of an issue with arkswitch, so I will follow your advice and give it a try. I'll post back with what happens.
So far, since my last post, I've had several more SOD's resulting in soft resets, so I'll try that before I pass final judgement on it.
I'm also not ruling out a bad flash so I may wipe it, redownload the rom again and then reflash.

Thanks for the tips and advice.

David
after reading your post and results thus far im leaning towards maybe it was just a bad flash,never seen that many SOD's on the crappiest roms and i know damn well you know what your doing and have known that since back in the tp thread

as far as the arkswitch issue im gonna keep my eye open on that as i have never had any of the issues caused by arkswitch but maybe i have been lucky,the one lone issue i have had with arkswitch was with the last release roms,just wouldn't stay running but that was a easy fix

hope you get it figured out and i got two days off and i have to say now i wanna flash the gtx,man after beta testing so long it kinda sucks running a rom with no issues i gotta get used to it lol

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:59 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
@lbcary
...I'm also not ruling out a bad flash so I may wipe it, redownload the rom again and then reflash.... David
I smell something cooking in the kitchen, don't bother, just flash the new ROM you can make it another day :>))
Old 09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

leerage is keeping up the good workleerage is keeping up the good work

Hello. New to NRGZ's Roms (great work by the way NRGZ). I have just installed this rom and had 1 question. When the data connection is active, it looks like the active sync icon is displayed and I can barely see the signal strength bars. Is there any way to change this? I have the data connection on all the time because of my push email and internet requirements.

Thank you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:40 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Thats what im doing is waiting for the next release to drop. I seem to be one of the unluck ones because ever since i switched to NRGZ rom with my T.Pro 2 ive had screen freezing,or screen sticking, and or SOD issues with every release ive tried so far. Now some releases are worse than others and some arent that bad but i think that it may be because of my carrier being the kinda oddball carrier here,Cricket. When i first got my T.Pro2 back in early Dec i tried to flash NRGZ rom first thing because NRGZ roms were the roms i always used on my original Touch Pro that was also flashed to Cricket and they functioned great.Actually NRGZ roms are the only roms that i can get my MMS to function on.and ive tried every arcsoft and mms cab around,but NRGZ mms arcsoft from the Imagio with only WM Msging clent seems to be the only way i can get MMS.So u could imagine my disappointment when i flashed NRGZ early roms and the data settings i entered manually for Cricket data wouldnt save or stick. and after every trick, registry edit,and everything i could do the data connectio just wouldnt work.So i used Decks roms for a cpl months and then Bhars CHT roms since until i decided to give one of NRGZ new roms a try and see what happens.Afterall it had been 8 months since ive even tried and i did my usual Task 29 then flashed one of NRGZ early august CHT roms and the data setup worked great as did everything else,but the screen,SOD,issues were there.I had had problems using Arkswitch with other roms so that was the first thing i tried to remove and it seemed to fix about 80-90% of the screen,SOD problems.I cant guarantee that removing Arkswitch will solve your problems but it has helped me alot.Good luck.I still thing NRGZ roms are the best,especially after a little tweaking they run pretty good for me.Still my favorite roms since i flashed my first NRG rom on an HTC Diamond,Touch Pro,and now Touch Pro 2 again. Thanks NRG.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ anonymous_ View Post
were can i download
NRGZ Energy Rom Leo WM 6.5 Touch Pro 2 Build 21864
i looked for hours but can find a download link anywhere sorry if this is repetitive i have searched and searched
i have EnergyROM_21876_RHOD500_24.Nov.2009_Standard if that helps.
pm me if you are interested.
marvin
Old 09-13-2010, 02:51 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
after reading your post and results thus far im leaning towards maybe it was just a bad flash,never seen that many SOD's on the crappiest roms and i know damn well you know what your doing and have known that since back in the tp thread

as far as the arkswitch issue im gonna keep my eye open on that as i have never had any of the issues caused by arkswitch but maybe i have been lucky,the one lone issue i have had with arkswitch was with the last release roms,just wouldn't stay running but that was a easy fix

hope you get it figured out and i got two days off and i have to say now i wanna flash the gtx,man after beta testing so long it kinda sucks running a rom with no issues i gotta get used to it lol
Everyone needs to hit lbcary with a MEGA THANKS!

@lbcary

I had a total of 8 SOD's - the MOST ever for me on a single flash and that was all within about an hour and a half. I was ready to give up and followed your advice and its working GREAT!

right now, the only difference that I see between 09-04 and 09-08 is the difference in the scroll bars. Seems like 9/4 was a bit wider and more thumb friendly. On the 9/8 ROM, the dialog boxes have a gray frame around them which is something I've not seen before but a nice touch.

so, this goes to show that I CAN learn something new every day.

THANK YOU lbcary.

David
Old 09-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Lurker

exautt is a n00b

Quote:
Are they DRM protected files or just plain old MP3's?

David
They're not DRM. mostly podcasts being downloaded using RSS Hub in WinMO. still at a loss tho. i've tried everthing and looked everywhere. any other ideas?
Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exautt View Post
They're not DRM. mostly podcasts being downloaded using RSS Hub in WinMO. still at a loss tho. i've tried everthing and looked everywhere. any other ideas?
Another shot in the dark but copy everything off the card onto your computer, then format the SD card. Once the format is complete, copy everything back to the card.

David
Old 09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Lurker

exautt is a n00b

Quote:
Another shot in the dark but copy everything off the card onto your computer, then format the SD card. Once the format is complete, copy everything back to the card.

David
tried that many times over. with different formats (fat/fat32) with no result. still no music listed. however i did just find a thread commenting on putting things in a music folder. that did work. but the b**** of it is i NEVER had this problem before. i'd get an MP3 from RSS hub. go to the music tab and Voila, there the new podcasts for the day would be ready to play automatically.

i suppose it could be a GTX thing. i started by using standard energy them moving to this just to try it. not sure why GTX would suddenly allow for this strange occurrence. i might try going back to standard energy again, but im really liking GTX.

UPDATE: looks like rss hub mp3's are the only thing the music tab doesnt like. i've put random mp3's on the sd card in Various locations, root of card, burried in subfolders, the music tab finds all these fine. just not RSS hub mp3 podcasts... very strange.

Last edited by exautt; 09-13-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks NRG for a weekend off. I can't remember the last time you did not post a new build for us to flash on a Friday or Saturday. The extra time came in handy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development