PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I believe this is where you should post anything relating to cookie: [Manila][26-Sep-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 Beta - xda-developers

note that you will have to register for a free account if you don't have one already.
Thank you, I just did!!!

UPDATE: I was told there that all the things I mentioned are ROM related, to post it here, now I am really confused

Last edited by alalor; 09-29-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Bugs I found so far:
1.Worst one: Not being able to answer the phone if I was on another program (eg. youtube)
Not bad, but not working well:
2.-New fancy bar at the bottom disappears as soon as I move to another screen other than today and soft windows menu reappears.
3.-When texting, old menus/windows cover the area where i have to type the new text message.
4.-When texting, start typing a new contact, it only searches for the name on the contact list when I press the backspace. This was present on older ROMs too. But now, if I don't like the suggestions, Iu can't get rid of them, they stay there until I select one of them, even if I start typing a new name. I can't go down to the area where I type the actual message until I selected one of the contacts it brought up.
5.-Email, when setting the account, I can't tell it how many days to download until I have finished setting up, so it starts downloading all the default even if I don't need them. Would be very nice also if there was a way to use a file as signature instead of typing it all in the signature box (the box converts some spaces to blank squares, so ti takes a while to edit the signature to look how I want it, have to do it every time I flash). Also if we could use a file for signature, we could use some html like on thunderbird or outlook express (Windows Mail now).
6.-Compact Menu: Slow, the pseudo task manager (great idea, just needs refinement) doesn't work well, have to open menu and select the open program twice to bring it to the front screen, first time it does nothing or a few times opens it and closes it back immediately. If we click on the X at the right of the program line on the main menu, nothing happens, it does not close the program. The Recent folder (another great idea) clears itself randomly, would be cool if it had a set number of last used items (4 or 5 for example), right now it can randomly vary from 0 to 7 (maybe more, haven't tried it) and we never know what we'll find until we open it.
7.-Backlit, it changes randomly, doesn't read the light sensor very well apparently. Also, even though I have it set to dim after a minute, it sometimes does it after only 10 seconds since the last use. This is a new problem.
8.-Gsensor, it is working better than on the Sept 18 ROM, but still sometimes fails to notice I turned it to landscape.

I hope this helps NRGZ and others, I wish I could help more, but last time I programmed something was in the 80s (BASIC and COBOL) and a couple of times in the 90s (FORTRAN).

EDIT: KIOWA answered some things while I was writing this, I guess I am too slow typing! Where in XDA should I post this?
1.) I think there was a fix posted for this a few pages back.
2.)The bar is only set up to appear on the home screen, as soon as you navigate away from that, it will disappear until you return to the home screen.
3.)Check the amount of text messages that you have. I had this problem until I started using Myphone.microsoft.com to back them up and archived all of my messages every other day or so.
4.) Haven't seen this maybe someone else can chime in with some help.
5.)Sorry, haven't run into this yet.
6.)Quick Menu (to me) is an older and still kind of buggy menu program. It works well to save memory, but not so well as a task manager (I hide that on mine) as well as recent programs (hidden as well, I use my quick links for anything that I use that often.)
7.)Check in the settings--system--power and make sure that the backlight is not set to automatically adjust. This can cause some of the issues that it sounds like you are having.
8.)Haven't seen that yet, but I'll keep an eye out for it. Is it only when you rotate your phone or is it the same when you slide out your keyboard?

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mc_365 is a n00b

running sept 18, the glass themed build.

2 things that seem more troublesome then the minor bugs.

Spontaneous Dialing of last number in call logs.

"Can not execute command memory low" or something like that.
Not running anything extra besides slacker cab.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Thanks Coach.
A few notes:
1- I wrote on previous posts, I can't get that fixed. I tried changing the registry key to #777 and the cab, neither one fixed it.
2- I didn't realize that is how it is supposed to be, I apologize about this one.
3- I clean them regularly, I had no more than 5 messages total in the phone.
4- It is not new, I had the same issue with the Sept 18 GTX rom
5- Mainly I am asking for help on how to use a link to a file for signature.
6- I didn't know I can deactivate the task manager function, as it doesn't work well, I am going to try to deactivate it, it might run faster too!
7- I want the backlit automatic adjustment. The weird thing is that I set it to dim after a minute, and a few minutes later it went back to 10 sec by itself.
8- It is only when I rotate the phone, it always switches when I slide the keyboard. Surprisingly it started working better this morning, it switched most times I tried!

I do read back as much as I can, but thanks for reminding me to do so anyway!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:24 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
1- I wrote on previous posts, I can't get that fixed. I tried changing the registry key to #777 and the cab, neither one fixed it.
Did you try softresetting after you changed the registry setting to #777?

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Bump - anyone have an idea how to fix this? TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavblues View Post
Running 21916 from the 20th.

When I'm on a call and a second call comes in, I don't get a beep or a vibration alerting me to the second call. I've always had the beep on every other Rom I've used.

Anyone know how to get it back?

TIA
Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
...2.) A quick search from the forums should turn voice command cab up for you, not sure about other individuals, but I ran into more issues with it than benefits.
Voice link in my signature (sig) below Voice (MSVC), Bing, Tellme. All voice is awesome, just like cookie 2, one needs to spend some time learning it. :>))

Last edited by teradog; 09-29-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW

XTCEE is a n00b

Sorry if this was asked, but I want to update my ROM to the newest 6.5.3 but all I see is 21679 and 21916. None in the 23XXX. Are both of those 6.5? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Did you try softresetting after you changed the registry setting to #777?
Hello, thanks. yes, I did reset and the registry key goes back to GPRS...
Old 09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
N00b

GuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGuyInTulsa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
Anybody having problems answering calls on the 19679 CHT 2 ver2 rom? Was working very good I thought until I actually got a phone call. When I slide to answer the phone kinda locks up and does not answer.
Yes, I've had that problem with 21916 Co0kie ver. 2 Sep 26. I've had it before on other ROMs but only when over clocking. It always went away by lowering my Poll Interval (to 900ms).

I believe it happens when the phone is too busy doing other things in the background.

However, I wasn't over clocking on the Sep. 26th ROM. So, I lowered the Page Pool to 16 and reflashed. That seemed to clear up the problem and I haven't had it since.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development