PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Yeah, clearing cache and cookies (or restart) didn't fix anything on Opera.

I am getting a little frustrated with the latest ROM, not only it is buggy, but it seem slower too. but I am going to try it a few more days. If we all went back to the old ones, we'll never be able to give all the information to the cooks so they can fix the bugs!
yeah i don't use opera but on my phone, don't care for it personally.

well i was frustrated at first with the new CHT also, and it does have it's bugs, but for the most part it's functioning pretty well, i have had to really dig in and mess with the settings some to start getting used to it, i even had to hard reset today because i messed some things up and couldn't get things working right, but after hard resetting and setting things up again it's running pretty well.

well it's true that we should be giving information on the bugs, but truthfully we are doing it in the wrong place, we should be posting all this stuff in the xda thread so that the creator of it can be aware of what we are having issues with, NRG might relay some of it but it's not him that controls it or fixes the issues with it since he has no real control over it besides maybe doing some tweaking on it.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Anyone had bluetooth issues with the new ROMs? Meaning are the old #777 dialer issues, and the hang up issues resolved? Some had reported that they were in the last batch, but I was still getting the problems on the 13 ROM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Bugs I found so far:
Worst one: Not being able to answer the phone if I was on another program (eg. youtube)
Not bad, but not working well:
-New fancy bar at the bottom disappears as soon as I move to another screen other than today and soft windows menu reappears.
-When texting, old menus/windows cover the area where i have to type the new text message.
-When texting, start typing a new contact, it only searches for the name on the contact list when I press the backspace. This was present on older ROMs too. But now, if I don't like the suggestions, Iu can't get rid of them, they stay there until I select one of them, even if I start typing a new name. I can't go down to the area where I type the actual message until I selected one of the contacts it brought up.
-Email, when setting the account, I can't tell it how many days to download until I have finished setting up, so it starts downloading all the default even if I don't need them. Would be very nice also if there was a way to use a file as signature instead of typing it all in the signature box (the box converts some spaces to blank squares, so ti takes a while to edit the signature to look how I want it, have to do it every time I flash). Also if we could use a file for signature, we could use some html like on thunderbird or outlook express (Windows Mail now).
-Compact Menu: Slow, the pseudo task manager (great idea, just needs refinement) doesn't work well, have to open menu and select the open program twice to bring it to the front screen, first time it does nothing or a few times opens it and closes it back immediately. If we click on the X at the right of the program line on the main menu, nothing happens, it does not close the program. The Recent folder (another great idea) clears itself randomly, would be cool if it had a set number of last used items (4 or 5 for example), right now it can randomly vary from 0 to 7 (maybe more, haven't tried it) and we never know what we'll find until we open it.
-Backlit, it changes randomly, doesn't read the light sensor very well apparently. Also, even though I have it set to dim after a minute, it sometimes does it after only 10 seconds since the last use. This is a new problem.
-Gsensor, it is working better than on the Sept 18 ROM, but still sometimes fails to notice I turned it to landscape.

I hope this helps NRGZ and others, I wish I could help more, but last time I programmed something was in the 80s (BASIC and COBOL) and a couple of times in the 90s (FORTRAN).

EDIT: KIOWA answered some things while I was writing this, I guess I am too slow typing! Where in XDA should I post this?

Last edited by alalor; 09-28-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
I too went back to the 24th release. Calls not able to be answered, lockups, settings not saving, lockscreen not working all the time. Cookie 2.0 is great but I think ill wait till its out of beta stage.
Me too. I'll wait for NRG to release a new and improved version before I flash again. (Granted, I know its probably more a cookie issue than the ROM) Starting grad school this week and I need my line of communication to work without fail.

David
Old 09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

kots is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticexctasy View Post
either i'm really dense, or one of us is on the wrong page lol...

there is no file anywhere on my phone with the word 'ameba' in it as far as I can see...
I am running Cookie Energy 21916 09/18. I am attaching screenshots on how to get there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (9.4 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (9.3 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (9.5 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot4.jpg (6.6 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post

EDIT: KIOWA answered some things while I was writing this, I guess I am too slow typing! Where in XDA should I post this?
I believe this is where you should post anything relating to cookie: [Manila][26-Sep-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 Beta - xda-developers

note that you will have to register for a free account if you don't have one already.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticexctasy View Post
I don't have anything about ameba or x button settings in programs > tools....
it's actually called x button settings in the rom, here's how to get there, start>tools>scroll to bottom and look on bottom left side for x button settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
it's actually called x button settings in the rom, here's how to get there, start>tools>scroll to bottom and look on bottom left side for x button settings.
really only 3 complaints...

my sprint picture mail doesn't work
voice command didn't come with the rom
really don't like the start button at the bottom.

i really like this rom. it make sense ui actually usable. i run with compressed start menu that seems to help the responsiveness of the rom.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post

i really like this rom. it make sense ui actually usable. i run with compressed start menu that seems to help the responsiveness of the rom.

Thanks,
Sid
1.) Make sure that you are going to the Tools--Carrier Provisioning and selecting Sprint and hitting apply and installing the cab. I also have MMS Fix (M2.1) from the paperclip in my xda_uc folder and I haven't had any issues with any of the ROM's that have been released.
2.) A quick search from the forums should turn voice command cab up for you, not sure about other individuals, but I ran into more issues with it than benefits.
3.) My understanding is that the start button at the bottom is based more on the build than anything else. the 679 is the bottom and my understanding (someone please educate me if I'm wrong) is that the 916 should have the button in the upper left hand corner.

Hope this helps a little.

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:37 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post

Thanks,
Sid
In order to get picture mail to work for sprint you need to install the cab from this link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...ngs-boushh.cab

if you want the start menu at the top download the 219xx version of the rom

you find voice command in a cab and install it from this link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...v1.6.21725.cab

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development