PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

speedyd718 is keeping up the good workspeedyd718 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

does anyone have an issue where they dial (accidental) and quickly hit end, but the phone does not actually end and the dialer closes.
OC'd to 768hz w/ WinMoSpeed 1.06
Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: New Dialer with contact pictures shown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
Hi,
i had some spare time and i wanted to look better the whole dialer thing.
[snip]
In the first screenshot you can see the cooked in dialer (pics are shown in the dialer list, but when a call is made/received/missed the picture disappeared, covered by the symbol), in the second the new one.
So I have not flashed any new ROMs in a while, and finally got around to flashing March.21 to two Sprint TP2 units this evening... and I had to dig through the thread to see that NRGZ cooked in Monfro's dialer updates for the past few releases.

This is causing some peculiar issues for me. Apparently, I have not seen anyone else mention these... so I must be in the minority.

1. I am not sure which phone canvas Monfro grabbed the dialer files from, but they are not Sprint/Verizon/CDMA based ones. As such it breaks every single dialer cab updater I have in XDA_UC/S4X. Mainly the VIN Sprint dialer theme colored ones, and a few others released in the TP2 theme forum here on PPC (eg, the NFL ones).

I am NOT a big fan of the stock colored dialer. So I rely on those cabs to give my users and I some theme/color variation, and have been using them for 3-6+ months now with no issues.

2. I use the dialer in landscape mode (keyboard is slid out) every so often. Coming out of dialing or looking at the call history, the canvas ALWAYS switches back to portrait mode regardless of the fact I am in a forced landscape mode. G-sensor status should make no difference at this point.

3. rapid entry of a phone number will typically cause the keypad to disappear. This is usually repeatable for me on BOTH units I just flashed. I think I saw teradog mention a similar scenario recently.

I also have two Energy Feb.27 TP2s I have not upgraded yet, one with the stock "CDMA" dialer and one with VIN dialer theme cab, and have none of the issues above.

While I think it's nice to finally have contact pictures working, I do not believe it is in the best interest to move away from the "stock" dialers that are cooked in these RhodCDMA ROMs. If NRGZ previously cooked in some other canvas, at least it was compatible with many of the 3rd party dialer theme cabs. If someone needs the picture contacts, they can install it post flash or until we figure out more compatibility.

For now, I HAVE to stick with Feb.27 or which ever the last set was that does not have the modified dialer cooked in unless someone has suggestions. I'm not sure if I am willing to invest the time to reverse engineer an older ROM just to pull out the files I need to get a "stock" like dialer back.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 03-25-2011, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
In other news, I have received the BT headsets shipped to me and I'll begin testing with them today. Been busy the whole week.. life.. work...:/
@NRGZ - glad they got there safely. Take your time trying to see if you can figure out the hangup issue and work your mojo magic. See the PMs for the other discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I want Cookie 1.8.5 These freaking icons changing themselves is a real problem. I cannot believe no one has nailed that problem yet, Until then, 1.8.5 is where I want to be. I am using 2.0 now, cause it's all we got.

Bluetooth. The hangup problems continue on every ROM. I have tried it with 10 different bluetooth devices and it is consistent. Really frustrating. It did not occur with stock and it did not occur with Mighty.
BT hangup issue is in the hands of the NRGZ master now We sent him a couple of headsets to use for testing, etc.

As for CHT185, I finally decided to go this route:
Use the Standard Energy ROM with no CHT2000 baked in.
eg, I was trying:
Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Mar.21.7z
and then putting in the CHT185 and CHTE1851 cabs in my XDA_UC/S4X. And DONE! Almost like the old regular Cookie releases. And I'm finally rid of the busted CHTE2000 importing and CHT2000 randomly moving/disappearing quicklinks. I *highly* recommend going this route...

The only issue with this is hoping that NRGZ maintains the Standard ROMs as frequently as the regular CHT2000 ones.

Sadly, I probably have to revert to using Feb.27 due to some dialer issues I am having in my post above.

*EDIT* (2nd edit)
Does anyone know if there was an Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Feb.27.7z ROM released (this is the Standard 'Energy' ROM, with NO CHT2000 or 3rd party theme baked in)? If so and you have it, please PM me.

Last edited by powinmo; 03-25-2011 at 10:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800, 6900, 6850, 6875 (currently)
Carrier: US Cellular

diamondfuel is just getting started

@NRGZ28 I have a BT Headset to donate. PM me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
So I have not flashed any new ROMs in a while, and finally got around to flashing March.21 to two Sprint TP2 units this evening... and I had to dig through the thread to see that NRGZ cooked in Monfro's dialer updates for the past few releases.

This is causing some peculiar issues for me. Apparently, I have not seen anyone else mention these... so I must be in the minority.

1. I am not sure which phone canvas Monfro grabbed the dialer files from, but they are not Sprint/Verizon/CDMA based ones. As such it breaks every single dialer cab updater I have in XDA_UC/S4X. Mainly the VIN Sprint dialer theme colored ones, and a few others released in the TP2 theme forum here on PPC (eg, the NFL ones).

I am NOT a big fan of the stock colored dialer. So I rely on those cabs to give my users and I some theme/color variation, and have been using them for 3-6+ months now with no issues.

2. I use the dialer in landscape mode (keyboard is slid out) every so often. Coming out of dialing or looking at the call history, the canvas ALWAYS switches back to portrait mode regardless of the fact I am in a forced landscape mode. G-sensor status should make no difference at this point.

3. rapid entry of a phone number will typically cause the keypad to disappear. This is usually repeatable for me on BOTH units I just flashed. I think I saw teradog mention a similar scenario recently.

I also have two Energy Feb.27 TP2s I have not upgraded yet, one with the stock "CDMA" dialer and one with VIN dialer theme cab, and have none of the issues above.

While I think it's nice to finally have contact pictures working, I do not believe it is in the best interest to move away from the "stock" dialers that are cooked in these RhodCDMA ROMs. If NRGZ previously cooked in some other canvas, at least it was compatible with many of the 3rd party dialer theme cabs. If someone needs the picture contacts, they can install it post flash or until we figure out more compatibility.

For now, I HAVE to stick with Feb.27 or which ever the last set was that does not have the modified dialer cooked in unless someone has suggestions. I'm not sure if I am willing to invest the time to reverse engineer an older ROM just to pull out the files I need to get a "stock" like dialer back.
I am sad that dialer gives some problems: for me it is working very well, and faster than the old one.

1. The dialer is from Leo: it is 2G with conference call function. Old themes are not compatible because this version is newer, with a lot of changing in internal files. Sorry at the moment i have not my pc to control build number of Leo and original Rhodiu dialers. Search on XDA for dialer skins in the Leo section: they will work.

2. I only verified that in landscape mode everything is sized and positioned correct. I don't use dialer in landscape mode, so i don't know if when a call/other activities are finished, the dialer reverts to portrait mode. Maybe a reg edit can fix this.

3. Maybe i type slow, but the dialer never disappeared when i was typing on it.

Only a few files are needed to revert back to the old dialer (4/5/6 dll and maybe nothing more, i have to look, but until monday i can't).
Old 03-26-2011, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
I am sad that dialer gives some problems: for me it is working very well, and faster than the old one.

1. The dialer is from Leo: it is 2G with conference call function. Old themes are not compatible because this version is newer, with a lot of changing in internal files. Sorry at the moment i have not my pc to control build number of Leo and original Rhodiu dialers. Search on XDA for dialer skins in the Leo section: they will work.

2. I only verified that in landscape mode everything is sized and positioned correct. I don't use dialer in landscape mode, so i don't know if when a call/other activities are finished, the dialer reverts to portrait mode. Maybe a reg edit can fix this.

3. Maybe i type slow, but the dialer never disappeared when i was typing on it.

Only a few files are needed to revert back to the old dialer (4/5/6 dll and maybe nothing more, i have to look, but until monday i can't).
Monfro, I'm hoping you did not take offense to my post personally. I do realize that you were trying to make the TP2 ROMs the best they can be.

I sort of figured the modified dialer from the Leo. I am looking for Leo dialer themes to see if those work.

I do have THREE other issues on top of the dialer items from my other post:

1. (slightly serious) With this LEO dialer mod, I am UNABLE to get the MSL now via that GetMSL tool - the one I've always used and is now in the wiki - or the old fashion way via registry entries. On BOTH of my units (one is used, the other was literally new in the box non refurb). If I flash back to Feb.27 with the stock dialer, bam... GetMSL works within 2 minutes on both units. I flashed them to Mar.21 and GetMSL fails again.

Can someone else confirm if GetMSL (or another MSL tool) works with Mar.21 ROMs for Sprint users? If you ran it before, be sure the the \AtLog directory is removed/renamed.

I can only assume one of the files from the Leo dialer is preventing the AT codes on the Sprint units from triggering the MSL debug output since that is really a GSM dialer. Note I did manually check the atdbg.txt files for the MSL debugging text and on the Leo output there is nothing even after 30+ minutes of activity. With the Feb.27 debug files, about 1 min 26 secs after coming up... was able to get the "rMSL" line needed.

2. (flaky) Trying to get to EPST (##778#) on these Sprint units with Mar.21, it takes multiple attempts to get to it. Especially after a fresh reboot/restart. This is reproducible on both units. After EPST is accessed for the first time though, subsequent attempts are fine.

Can someone else confirm this?

3. (minor annoyance) When the keyboard is slid out, and you are in forced landscape mode in the dialer, try looking at call history or contacts. Go back to the dialer (BACK softkey). The canvas repaints in portrait mode. That I mentioned before. Now look at the keypad deploy soft button in the middle where the SIP icon usually goes. It gets placed off center now.

Not a big deal for #3, and probably easily fixed.

Again I can confirm these items on both of my units with Mar.21.
I've tried both ROMs with nothing installed via XDA_UC (eg, virgin flashes). For disclosure I flashed:

Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Mar.21.7z
Energy.RHODCDMA.29017.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Mar.21.7 z
Old 03-26-2011, 01:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ScottSNX is keeping up the good workScottSNX is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumRush37 View Post
Also, I created my own Home.lnk because the Panel start menu does not have one (I use it often). I linked the HTC home icon png to it from the Windows folder, but it does not recognize it (probably because of the same issue as the other links having the wrong icons). The Home.lnk shows a standard 'blank' icon. Strange thing is if I leave my Home.lnk and revert back to the Normal start menu layout, then my Home.lnk shows the correct icon.
How did you create the Home.lnk? I searched and can't seem to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
1. (slightly serious) With this LEO dialer mod, I am UNABLE to get the MSL now via that GetMSL tool - the one I've always used and is now in the wiki - or the old fashion way via registry entries. On BOTH of my units (one is used, the other was literally new in the box non refurb). If I flash back to Feb.27 with the stock dialer, bam... GetMSL works within 2 minutes on both units. I flashed them to Mar.21 and GetMSL fails again.

Can someone else confirm if GetMSL (or another MSL tool) works with Mar.21 ROMs for Sprint users? If you ran it before, be sure the the \AtLog directory is removed/renamed.

I can only assume one of the files from the Leo dialer is preventing the AT codes on the Sprint units from triggering the MSL debug output since that is really a GSM dialer. Note I did manually check the atdbg.txt files for the MSL debugging text and on the Leo output there is nothing even after 30+ minutes of activity. With the Feb.27 debug files, about 1 min 26 secs after coming up... was able to get the "rMSL" line needed.
I can confirm this same problem. I recently had my Sprint TP2 replaced via warranty claim and tried to get the MSL but it wouldn't work with the newer roms, the plain Sense 2.5's with CHT 2.0 dated Mar 8, 12, 15. I ended up flashing back to Vin's Neodium ROM to get the MSL and then back to NRG.

Just tried it with the new Mar 21 Sense 2.5 without Cookie 2.0 baked in (was trying to see if CHT 1.8.5 improved things, it didn't) and the log file gets generated, but the MSL is not in there.

Quote:
2. (flaky) Trying to get to EPST (##778#) on these Sprint units with Mar.21, it takes multiple attempts to get to it. Especially after a fresh reboot/restart. This is reproducible on both units. After EPST is accessed for the first time though, subsequent attempts are fine.
EPST worked first time for me here.

Quote:
Can someone else confirm this?

3. (minor annoyance) When the keyboard is slid out, and you are in forced landscape mode in the dialer, try looking at call history or contacts. Go back to the dialer (BACK softkey). The canvas repaints in portrait mode. That I mentioned before. Now look at the keypad deploy soft button in the middle where the SIP icon usually goes. It gets placed off center now.

Not a big deal for #3, and probably easily fixed.
I can confirm this as well.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mytmouse is a n00b

I must say this is my first ever custom ROM I have installed on my TP2... and its blown me out of the water!!! I'm thinking the whole time I am using it "Why couldn't HTC just make it like this??" Great job! I am again enjoying my phone!

I do have one question though. When I am not making calls the signal shows EV, but every time I connect to a call it says 1G. Is that normal?

Thanks,
MYT

Last edited by mytmouse; 03-26-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:53 PM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettSR5 View Post
Anyone know the answer to this?

Did you have wifi on? I have never been able to send mms on verizon if i have wifi on. Once i turn it off they work fine. This has been the same on many roms over the past year.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmouse View Post
I must say this is my first ever custom ROM I have installed on my TP2... and its blown me out of the water!!! I'm thinking the whole time I am using it "Why couldn't HTC just make it like this??" Great job! I am again enjoying my phone!

I do have one question though. When I am not making calls the signal shows EV, but every time I connect to a call it says 1G. Is that normal?

Thanks,
MYT
never seen 1g on connect before, you sure it wasn't 1x? if 1x, then yes is normal, If 1g, I'm not sure...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development