PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I think NRG takes one weekend off a month.

Seems like he's battling battery issues of his own with his HD2 and bluetooth.

David
lol well i guess he deserves it with all the work he does around here.

ever since i noticed my battery wasn't fully charged after taking it off the charger after flashing the 4 Sep Dinik and i put it back on the charger to try to charge it all the way up i have found that my battery <stock> lasts longer, so usually i try to charge the phone up, take it off the charger for a short amount of time and then throw it back on the charger for a little bit and then after it's charged back up i take it off and use it throughout the day and no issues, maybe it's just me that it works like that for, I'm still interested in getting a set of those batteries you posted the link for, maybe this next payday I'll get a set if i remember.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
OEM, battery meters work everywhere else except the task bar. SPBMS, and power settings both show correct usage.
Hmmm... You've got me scratching my head on this one.

Sorry I couldn't help but I'm not giving up.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Are you using an OEM or aftermarket battery? (a shot in the dark, I know)

David
Quote:
OEM, battery meters work everywhere else except the task bar. SPBMS, and power settings both show correct usage.
i wonder if anyone has pm'd NRG about this issue with those roms? I'm still wondering if a custom task bar will correct the issue, seems to me that if you really want to get it fixed you would try a custom task bar to see if it fixes the issue, at least then we would know if it's something with the way he has the rom task bar set or what, probably the last time i will post on this task bar issue because i have said the same thing over and over and no ones reported back on the custom task bar yet.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
lol well i guess he deserves it with all the work he does around here.

ever since i noticed my battery wasn't fully charged after taking it off the charger after flashing the 4 Sep Dinik and i put it back on the charger to try to charge it all the way up i have found that my battery <stock> lasts longer, so usually i try to charge the phone up, take it off the charger for a short amount of time and then throw it back on the charger for a little bit and then after it's charged back up i take it off and use it throughout the day and no issues, maybe it's just me that it works like that for, I'm still interested in getting a set of those batteries you posted the link for, maybe this next payday I'll get a set if i remember.
One thing i noticed about battery charging is that if my phone is turned on and charging and I unplug it, it drops to 90% within a few minutes and then down to 80% within an hour.

If I charge the phone with it off, the discharge rate (as indicated by the battery meter) is much slower and the battery lasts much longer.

Also, now that I'm back home and in a crappy signal area, my discharge rate is much faster than when I was in charleston. I had two consecutive periods of over 50 hours on a single charge when I was in Charleston and now that I'm back home, its dropping much faster. Although I have used my phone a bit more today including bluetooth.

So, I really think LOCATION and Signal quality have a significant impact on battery life. As far as the ROM goes, I'm not sure what changes are being made from build to build but for me, the overall battery life has been realtively consistent.

Just some random and sleepy thoughts.

G'nite everyone. See y'all in the morning.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
1- How do I change that?
2- I like the task bar as it is, I just want to loose the battery since ill be using a program like batti after its gone. but if you can give a reference to a easy to install custom one ill give it a shot.
1-To change Increment. Download, install, Check "Don't round percentage "
02_nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab.cab

2- If 1 doesn't work, uncheck the box and Try this: Dark Ninja DesireTaskbar WM6.5.x V2 + % Battery.cab

both cabs found in Paperclip.
PS: After each install, Soft reset. And when you change someting, Soft reset as well.

Last edited by bteljuice; 09-12-2010 at 11:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

I think signal quality is huge from what I can tell. I had a 100% charge when I went to bed last night, and at like 4am it was down to 60%. My phone is in the basement, and the screen was never turned on once.

I have it at 72% now, and it's 10:50pm. In the basement again and i'll see what it is when I get up around 7am and report back.

The other thing I see with my battery % is that it drops about 3% at a time here and there. I had it at 100% like 3hrs ago, made a 5min phone call and about 5 texts, and now I am at the 72% I listed above. No BT, or Wifi either.

It may be my last report on the phone too if I end up going with the Samsung Epic. I had to switch to the family share plan and ditch my SERO so now I have that option of going with another phone. Even if I had waited till October, it is still cheaper for me to get the two of us the family plan then my 23% work discount over me with just a SERO and her with the $70 plan. So my TP2 may be a RIP phone tomorrow. Hopefully if it is, I can give it to a good home

Last edited by quickstang; 09-13-2010 at 12:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
One thing i noticed about battery charging is that if my phone is turned on and charging and I unplug it, it drops to 90% within a few minutes and then down to 80% within an hour.

If I charge the phone with it off, the discharge rate (as indicated by the battery meter) is much slower and the battery lasts much longer.

Also, now that I'm back home and in a crappy signal area, my discharge rate is much faster than when I was in charleston. I had two consecutive periods of over 50 hours on a single charge when I was in Charleston and now that I'm back home, its dropping much faster. Although I have used my phone a bit more today including bluetooth.

So, I really think LOCATION and Signal quality have a significant impact on battery life. As far as the ROM goes, I'm not sure what changes are being made from build to build but for me, the overall battery life has been realtively consistent.

Just some random and sleepy thoughts.

G'nite everyone. See y'all in the morning.

David
hmmm never tried to charge the phone with it turned off, guess i could try that one day when i know i won't need my phone.

yeah lots of things to consider with the battery life, signal being at the top of the list, guess we all could try changing radio's and see, but then again that would only be good for our area and everyone would be different.

well i'm happy with the battery life that i'm getting, like i have said before i'm not a power user so as long as i can make it through the day i'm happy, and that's what's been happening, it was just the first couple days that sucked until things "settled" in.

alright bro have a good one, get a good nights rest and then get up and be prepared to work the thread you have slacked off long enough lol, j/k, later.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

David, KIOWA. Instead of Turning off your phones, Download the first cab in my post above. Soft reset. Open nuebattery and check the box "ALLOW NO BATTERY WHILE ON AC".
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
David, KIOWA. Instead of Turning off your phones, Download the first cab in my post above. Soft reset. Open nuebattery and check the box "ALLOW NO BATTERY WHILE ON AC".
well i have the hypnotic cab installed which has nuebattery in it, so i didn't download the cab you had but i do appreciate the tip on checking that box, thanks bro.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Just reportin in before I take it in for the night.. Im at the 40hr mark and I still have 50% battery left in a VERY POOR signal area. Before it seems like Im bragging I will admit I did NOT talk on the phone at all today. Just about 100 emails received, none sent and about 100 txts, sent and received. I want to see how long this battery will actually go. Even tho I barely used this phone today, I am very impressed!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development