PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
NRG won't put out a new rom for something unless there is something new with it, so i would venture to say that nothing new has came out for that series of rom worth building a new version.
He said to consider this update a major release. he updated the core OS and other files. Max manilla is just an interface such as DINIK or cookie. Nothing changed with max manilla over past few months and he released new versions of the rom during this time with every release. Currently for Sept 29; All the other versions have been uploaded but not max manilla yet. Maybe there was a compatibility issue with the new OS files this time.

This is more of what I am looking for an answer on.

Thank you.

edit update: hrmm maybe its just 6.1 release not 6.5. I can't find a 6.5 new release of max manilla so that is probably why!

Last edited by solarflarex; 09-30-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

On my TP2 (Sprint),
  • holding the 'down-volume' and then pressing 'power' initiates a ROM-update from the SD card (Rhodimg.nbh) and
  • holding the 'phone-answer' and 'phone-end' keys together and then pressing 'power' initiates a hard reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
xda-developers - View Single Post - Hardware reset Pro2?

The way you do a hard reset on a touch Pro 2 is :
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, then briefly press the POWER button.

2. Continue pressing the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see this message on the screen:

3. Release the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons, press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset

Edit:I just copied this and then realized that you have to hit the soft reset button as well, similar to getting it into boot loader mode.

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post
He said to consider this update a major release. he updated the core OS and other files. Max manilla is just an interface such as DINIK or cookie. Nothing changed with max manilla over past few months and he released new versions of the rom during this time with every release. Currently for Sept 29; All the other versions have been uploaded but not max manilla yet. Maybe there was a compatibility issue with the new OS files this time.

This is more of what I am looking for an answer on.

Thank you.
New Max Sense is up on hotfile.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo

teon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
New Max Sense is up on hotfile.
I'm still waiting for Energy.RHODCDMA.21680.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Classic. Sep.29.7z
Might be tomorrow
Old 09-30-2010, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarflarex View Post

edit update: hrmm maybe its just 6.1 release not 6.5. I can't find a 6.5 new release of max manilla so that is probably why!
The 21680 is the 6.5.X and is up ... 29th
Old 09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I use the CHT Dinik roms. The new Sept 29 release is very fast,but i keep having the same problems with NRGZ CHT 2.0 releases. The rom will pewrform well for a little while then it will restart sense out of nowhere and then it will keep on restarting sense,over and over again. A soft reset doesnt seem to help. I tried switching off sense and then reenable sense and sometimes that helps but usually only for a few minutes to a few hours.Then sense just keeps restarting.
Ive read that a few others are having the same issue. Is there a fix for it or a cab fix,anyway to resolve the sense restart issues yet.Im fairly sure it has more to do with CHT 2.0 than the rom.
I also tried to install CHT 2.0 and CHT Editor 2.0 over the cooked in CHT 2.0 in NRGZ Dinik rom and it didnt help at all. I also tried 3 different sdcards,of different sizes and speeds,and i also tried no sdcard.I performed a task 29,hard reset,redownloaded the rom,reflashed, and sense still eventually just keeps restarting over and over and over.
If anyone has solved this issue please let me know how. I really want to use NRGZ 6.5.X CHT 2.0 Dinink rom. Any help would be appreciated. Im also going to post the same question in the XDA CHT thread. The newest NRG 6.5.X release does seem like a giant leap forward as far as speed,lag,and opening links,but i think its the CHT 2.0 that is causing the problems.Cant wait for the next CHT 2.X release.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I use the CHT Dinik roms. The new Sept 29 release is very fast,but i keep having the same problems with NRGZ CHT 2.0 releases. The rom will pewrform well for a little while then it will restart sense out of nowhere and then it will keep on restarting sense,over and over again. A soft reset doesnt seem to help. I tried switching off sense and then reenable sense and sometimes that helps but usually only for a few minutes to a few hours.Then sense just keeps restarting.
Ive read that a few others are having the same issue. Is there a fix for it or a cab fix,anyway to resolve the sense restart issues yet.Im fairly sure it has more to do with CHT 2.0 than the rom.
I also tried to install CHT 2.0 and CHT Editor 2.0 over the cooked in CHT 2.0 in NRGZ Dinik rom and it didnt help at all. I also tried 3 different sdcards,of different sizes and speeds,and i also tried no sdcard.I performed a task 29,hard reset,redownloaded the rom,reflashed, and sense still eventually just keeps restarting over and over and over.
If anyone has solved this issue please let me know how. I really want to use NRGZ 6.5.X CHT 2.0 Dinink rom. Any help would be appreciated. Im also going to post the same question in the XDA CHT thread. The newest NRG 6.5.X release does seem like a giant leap forward as far as speed,lag,and opening links,but i think its the CHT 2.0 that is causing the problems.Cant wait for the next CHT 2.X release.
My suggestion would be to try another MicroSD storage card. It seems like whenever I have had problems after a flash that would reappear after subsequent reflashes, it was related to a problem with the storage card.

David
Old 09-30-2010, 03:23 PM
Lurker

unxguyjr is just getting started
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
anyone doing wifi router (tethering) with sept 26 21679 c2b?
im having issues (why im on tp2 posting)
maybe still wmlonglife post uninstall issues...

if others are wifi teathering with 9/26 679 c2b PLEASE let me know..
(8 flashes in 8 days.. too tired to flash again... )

*edit* working now??! (many attempts, reboots & software delays..)
Also, noticed the interface added an option this ROM "Phone As Modem", still selecting "Sprint" obviously...
Not sure if you are able to tether yet...I was able to with 9/27 679 Dinik and just flashed to 9/29 680 Dinik. I did my standard things (so I thought) and was not able to tether..it just kept tring to connect to Sprint....then I remember what I missed.....I alway change from global to CDMA network only. I do not travel and still have locked Radio so I have the default Sprint SIM so Global does not do anything for me.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker

unxguyjr is just getting started

On the new 9/29 680 Dinik rom...like the speed, so far none of the major issues that some are having. Th e only issue I really seem to have right now (has been for the past several ROMs so not a CHT 2 issue) is the Facebox App not tab. I can login and refresh once then when I exit and go back in later it auto logs me in but the refresh does not work, If I log out (not exit app) and back in then refresh works...any one else have this problem...It is driving me crazy......
Also would like the long press end key to lock device like before, after sprint provision...buttons gives me that option but it sets phone to vibrate instead.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

jrgthird is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by unxguyjr View Post
On the new 9/29 680 Dinik rom...like the speed, so far none of the major issues that some are having. Th e only issue I really seem to have right now (has been for the past several ROMs so not a CHT 2 issue) is the Facebox App not tab. I can login and refresh once then when I exit and go back in later it auto logs me in but the refresh does not work, If I log out (not exit app) and back in then refresh works...any one else have this problem...It is driving me crazy......
Also would like the long press end key to lock device like before, after sprint provision...buttons gives me that option but it sets phone to vibrate instead.
This happens to me as well since the last 2-3 ROMS from NRG. Hmmm....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development