PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I use the CHT Dinik roms. The new Sept 29 release is very fast,but i keep having the same problems with NRGZ CHT 2.0 releases. The rom will pewrform well for a little while then it will restart sense out of nowhere and then it will keep on restarting sense,over and over again. A soft reset doesnt seem to help. I tried switching off sense and then reenable sense and sometimes that helps but usually only for a few minutes to a few hours.Then sense just keeps restarting.
Ive read that a few others are having the same issue. Is there a fix for it or a cab fix,anyway to resolve the sense restart issues yet.Im fairly sure it has more to do with CHT 2.0 than the rom.
I also tried to install CHT 2.0 and CHT Editor 2.0 over the cooked in CHT 2.0 in NRGZ Dinik rom and it didnt help at all. I also tried 3 different sdcards,of different sizes and speeds,and i also tried no sdcard.I performed a task 29,hard reset,redownloaded the rom,reflashed, and sense still eventually just keeps restarting over and over and over.
If anyone has solved this issue please let me know how. I really want to use NRGZ 6.5.X CHT 2.0 Dinink rom. Any help would be appreciated. Im also going to post the same question in the XDA CHT thread. The newest NRG 6.5.X release does seem like a giant leap forward as far as speed,lag,and opening links,but i think its the CHT 2.0 that is causing the problems.Cant wait for the next CHT 2.X release.
I was having the same issue and found that some items were too close together and causing the issue. I added more space between my quicklinks and agenda and no problem since.

Remember, this is a beta though...
Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

So that is what caused it! I had the same problem, and it was usually when I added something and I guess I hit done before i could move the widget so it was actually behind another widget.

I've been on 21680 cookie 2.0 since last night, super smooth, only issue is i cant install the RSS feed widget (but not a big deal).

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgthird View Post
This happens to me as well since the last 2-3 ROMS from NRG. Hmmm....
Looks like the MS FB app is having issues. There is a thread over at XDA on it. Guess they are going to have to work it out. Check out the last few pages: [Update: 23 feb] Microsoft Facebook 1.2 (1.1.0.17) CAB Installer - Page 40 - xda-developers
Old 09-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
My suggestion would be to try another MicroSD storage card. It seems like whenever I have had problems after a flash that would reappear after subsequent reflashes, it was related to a problem with the storage card.

David
i agree. in fact it seems like the android stuff doesn't like my sd card and eventually corrupts it with all these fsck files showing in root. I have asked about it and nobody else seems to have a problem. I copied over all my info 16gb boy that took awhile.. and reformatted the card. haven't used the droid since and all my problems went away. it was causing these types of random intermittent issues on every rom i tried and was driving me nuts for awhile....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eddieyee is keeping up the good workeddieyee is keeping up the good work

Just a note on battery life:

I recently received a refurbished phone due to losing my TP2. (Thank goodness for TEP, but boo on the $100 deductible). Anyways, one thing I constantly had trouble with on my original TP2 was very poor battery life. The max I could ever get was about 10 hrs, typical use (some calls, some texts, emails, maps, etc).

Upon receiving my refurb phone, configured exactly the same way as my previous phone, I am now at about 14 hours of use, and with 83% battery life left!!!

My previous phone would idle drain at about 120-150mah. This one idle drains at about 20-50mah with the 100% exact configuration. Previous flahes I would do a standard, task29, hard reset, install apps and configure. PRL is also the same. Battery life was measured using the acb tool as well as the battclock 3.0.3 tool.

I suspect something was wrong in the hardware of my previous phone for it to drain so quickly. So if you are experiencing poor battery life, you may want to bring it up for warranty work.

My phone is configured to use Exchange (push mail), Lumos, NewMaxx no SD cab, and NueBattery2TP2CDMA-122, overclocked to 710, bluetooth always on... Using Energy.RHODCDMA.21679.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.24.... Cleanram configured for Level2 every hour, and arkswitch removed from startup... Twitter, facebook, weather tabs all enabled with shortest duration polling. (Disabled Internet, Music and People tab). Oh, lastly I have the 1800mah battery, but ordered this from some ebay seller.

My signal strength hovers around 95-100% depending on what part of my house I'm in. (I live a few blocks from the tower). Hurray for refurbished phone!

Last edited by eddieyee; 09-30-2010 at 07:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [SPRINT]

3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quick question... just started using Push Mail setup m.google.com Sync. My mail is coming in fine, but I have to hit D/L message when message has attachments. How cam I change the MSG size/attachment settings download full messages regardless of size.

I remember seeing it when I used a non Sync account. tab does not seem to appear with only a Sync account.

thanks.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

Hello, here's a screenshot of the Sept 19 21680 GTX.
I can't see any difference with the one of Sept 18, looks just the same.
it works, much better than the regular cookie from Sept 26, but the sept 18 also worked good.
Maybe there's something I am missing, but all the cool features on the sept 26 cookie ver 2 are gone, no idea why.
All I did, was change the double clock (one is enough for me), moved it up to get more space, changed some quicklinks and set the notification to only when relevant.

By the way, how do y'all take the pictures of the screen and not get all the pressure sensors/digitizer? I tried several times and always got them on the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG2193.JPG (65.0 KB, 68 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just flashed to the Sep 29 cookie 21680 and I am having trouble removing the 5 buttons in the middle of the screen for missed call, voice mail, mail, lock, and text.

I know I am missing something in cookie but I have never had trouble with this before on 2.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
I just flashed to the Sep 29 cookie 21680 and I am having trouble removing the 5 buttons in the middle of the screen for missed call, voice mail, mail, lock, and text.

I know I am missing something in cookie but I have never had trouble with this before on 2.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I think i got rid of those by editing the homescreen by holding down on an open space on the homescreen and going in edit mode.

Then i held down on those icons and selected remove. Not 100% but i'm pretty sure that's what i did.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [SPRINT]

3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post
Quick question... just started using Push Mail setup m.google.com Sync. My mail is coming in fine, but I have to hit D/L message when message has attachments. How cam I change the MSG size/attachment settings download full messages regardless of size.

I remember seeing it when I used a non Sync account. tab does not seem to appear with only a Sync account.

thanks.
nevermind found the screen I was looking for but my messages state that Internet Pictures are blocked. when i click download pics it's like an endless cycle.

where is the privacy setting for internet pictures?

thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development