PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
please...anyone else? all these new ROMs and i'm stuck on the shipped version FOREVER....i may have to get a new phone a year early just to get back to custom ROMs.

has anyone else heard of such a thing? heard of a fix?!

marvin
thought you were the one i suggested try the SD unlock... been 1/2 year, fuzzy memory, but thought I had to unlock from SD card... did you try?

Oh yea... there was another trick (for sprint)... HA... LOL now I remember... You need to DL & flash an older stock ROM, then unlock...(should work for Verizon also) then you can flash new ROMs.. that hosed a LOT of people...

*edit*
You can flash all you want within the stock ROM's, but you have to unlock to flash outside of them. Flashing an older ROM gets you to the level the hspl unlocker was built to unlock...

LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKED PLEASE (so I can add that old trick to the HOW TO faq)

Last edited by teradog; 09-15-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I really liked the 9/4 CHT but got the flashing disease and flashed 9/8. Spent the day dealing with SOD's until lbcary told me to delet arkswitch.
Now LOVING the 9/8 and along comes 9/13 and 9/14. Decisions decisions...

I think someone here posted this before... "I feel like a three legged dog trying to scratch myself on a frozen pond".

David
very cool, don't remember you mentioning deleting arkswitch helped so much.. yea, I recommend it in my HOW TO link/guide in sig line also.. . Great to hear that deleting it had such a major impact!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Digitel

dhgouveia2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

this rom is multilingual? any chance of a Spanish version? thanks!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:47 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
The problem has nothing to do with NRG ROM. The hardSPL is signed for one phone and one phone only.

Your best bet is to use a different computer on a different internet connection and redownload the hspl from the link in the stickie thread.

Or, you can take your chances and PM olipro and ask him if you can reactivate the HSPL so you can flash a new phone.

David
Certainly wouldn't PM olipro just yet... Unless I missed something in this conversation.... I think you may be mixing up security unlock vs. hspl..

*hspl unlocker is free & all you need to flash ROMs...
*security (aka radio) unlock ($20 olipro) is needed to use (GSM) SIM cards in a CDMA TP2 IN the U.S.

.. read the hspl/unlocker sticky posts at start of the htc/tp2/cdma forum. BIG difference
I just wrote a response a few posts up, look for it. Flash an old stock ROM, then unlock...

Last edited by teradog; 09-15-2010 at 02:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mrtomaso is keeping up the good workmrtomaso is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
KIOWA69

come on now man you aren't helping your situation any, i don't mind helping those that at least try to help themselves, but you have 3 strikes against you from the get go:

1. won't even flash to the rom and test it out
2. won't research and possibly come up with a workaround
3. not willing to spend a dollar or two to buy a sim card
Wow. Sorry to have disturbed you.

Sometimes we fall into the land of assumption and that's never a good place to be. First of all, I did not ask for any assistance. I merely asked if anyone had noticed if there was any change with the new rom. As a general note of interest, I flash almost every time NRG releases a new rom.

I looked on ebay for a blank sim card. The cheapest I found was almost $15 after shipping. I might explain that after my wife left me for the best man at our wedding, I pay almost 20k a year in child support. However, that too would be venturing in to the land of assumption.

It just seems silly to purchase something that might be fixed before it even arrives at my home.

Last edited by mrtomaso; 09-15-2010 at 01:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxhobbes View Post
THx
Downloaded the drivers you mentioned and while the file now plays much better on TCPMP (still a few drop frames here and there however) the files still do not play right in album and WMP. I am assuming that this has to do with how I encoded these files in the first place since I converted them from my DVD collection using Anysoft DVD converter. Just out of curiosity what programs are you guys using to convert video files and what format (i.e. avi, mp4, etc...) are you using?
been a long time... some divx before then I thing a prog named "anyvideoconverter" something like that.. ha! no lie..
The movie was off a google cache video stream search thing.. you know.. the one you don't actually goto file sharing sites, you're able to pick up off caches? :>)) it was a test I was doing of something... don't remember...
Good to hear it's much better, a few frames... still watchable I'm assuming. Don't even know if it was TCPMP i was using, i just double clicked on it in a file manager (Tc) TRY IT! :>))

*EDIT* lol, i just went & did it again, jumped out while playing, your not going to believe this.. HTCVideoPlayer.exe try it & see if that plays it any better!!

Last edited by teradog; 09-15-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Staticworth is a n00b

okay so i just went back to this, and i love it. but i cant find a sprint MMS fix or the keyboard fix. ive been searchin someone help
Old 09-15-2010, 02:04 AM
VIP Member - Retired

FYI

ROM details: Sept 13 Cookie 23138 Default 18 PP, 74 MB, as screen turned off 72
Turned on airplane mode, reboot... steady 75MB, turned off, 72 MB.

Forgot to post memory on this ROM. Since I save 10-20 MB by not using start menu, I don't have the need to lower pp to 12 any longer. So I'm going with 18. May even reflash & move up some!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomaso View Post
Wow. Sorry to have disturbed you.

Sometimes we fall into the land of assumption and that's never a good place to be. First of all, I did not ask for any assistance. I merely asked if anyone had noticed if there was any change with the new rom. As a general note of interest, I flash almost every time NRG releases a new rom.

I looked on ebay for a blank sim card. The cheapest I found was almost $15 after shipping. I might explain that after my wife left me for the best man at our wedding, I pay almost 20k a year in child support. However, that too would be venturing in to the land of assumption.

It just seems silly to purchase something that might be fixed before it even arrives at my home.
Hard times, believe me I know all about them. Theres nothing wrong with asking about a ROM because if it has the same issue ur having now then why bother... U can save time if u have better things to do. I totally understand where ur coming from and Im sure there r a few other users that do also.

We all need to be a little more patient with each other before we go off and disrespect another user whether we like what they post or not. Keep ur words kind & respectful AT ALL TIMES because u never know when u will have to eat them.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
*edit*
You can flash all you want within the stock ROM's, but you have to unlock to flash outside of them. Flashing an older ROM gets you to the level the hspl unlocker was built to unlock...

LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKED PLEASE (so I can add that old trick to the HOW TO faq)
That makes alot of sense!! I would have never thought of that, hopefully that is the cure! Whatever it is, it wont last long because u cant stop people who want to flash because SOMEONE will find out the trick LOL.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development