PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post

I
ll have to look into that.
doh, I just now noticed that NRG responded to my post. Have you been able to confirm the issue, NRG? I just flashed Sept 29th 6.5.x and it was still there having the excel issue. I finally just went back to Aug 25th 6.5.x for now.

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Speedy64i is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
Just to back this guy up, I experience the delayed bluetooth hangup issue when my phone is paired with my lexus quite often. If I manually press disconnect on the phone it seems to disconnect sooner, otherwise it sort of just hangs sometimes. I never noticed this until I moved from stock rom to NRG but I never really considered it a major issue. Not worth avoiding NRG at least... great rom!
I've been having this same problem with all my bluetooth headsets/car stereos on every energy rom version including the pre 6.5 energy roms. Stock and Mighty doesnt have this problem for me, but energy rom is still the best even with this problem, any chance for a fix?

Thanks,

JT
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (SPRINT)
Carrier: T-Mobile

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Just found something in the newest 9/29 ROMs. In my Cookie2.0 21680 ROM, the graphic for the disabled rewind button is the default HTC one instead of the normal one that we had before. You know, that gigantic button rather than the smaller one. Just seems out of place to me. Hope it gets fixed.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
For mail, it's stored in a file called "cemail.vol" which is normally in your main memory. You can move it to your storage card with a reg edit... and then after a flash all you need to do is rerun the reg edit and your mail is restored -- although after I do this I have to go in and edit my mail settings again for user/pass and servers... but that's a quick task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post

EMAIL tip: Move it all to your storage card. How? click here!! Keep your TP2 & ROM fast! (use on any ROM) ~thanks WarAxe
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]
"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Messaging\\Attachments"
"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Messaging"
"DbPath"="\\Storage Card\\cemail.vol"
did anyone else try this? the email portion worked but it also moved my text messages, or at least i assume so. when i reset the phone all my messages had been cleared and new sms were not stored, i got the notification and quickly it dissappeared. after deleting the above reg edits everything was restored including the new received sms, so is there a way to ONLY move email without text messages? or move everything at the same time? it basically was reading messages from the cemail.vol on my storage card but recording sms messages stored on the vol file under my main memory
Old 10-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

Scorepion is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
Just a note on battery life:

I recently received a refurbished phone due to losing my TP2. (Thank goodness for TEP, but boo on the $100 deductible). Anyways, one thing I constantly had trouble with on my original TP2 was very poor battery life. The max I could ever get was about 10 hrs, typical use (some calls, some texts, emails, maps, etc).

Upon receiving my refurb phone, configured exactly the same way as my previous phone, I am now at about 14 hours of use, and with 83% battery life left!!!

My previous phone would idle drain at about 120-150mah. This one idle drains at about 20-50mah with the 100% exact configuration. Previous flahes I would do a standard, task29, hard reset, install apps and configure. PRL is also the same. Battery life was measured using the acb tool as well as the battclock 3.0.3 tool.

I suspect something was wrong in the hardware of my previous phone for it to drain so quickly. So if you are experiencing poor battery life, you may want to bring it up for warranty work.

My phone is configured to use Exchange (push mail), Lumos, NewMaxx no SD cab, and NueBattery2TP2CDMA-122, overclocked to 710, bluetooth always on... Using Energy.RHODCDMA.21679.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.24.... Cleanram configured for Level2 every hour, and arkswitch removed from startup... Twitter, facebook, weather tabs all enabled with shortest duration polling. (Disabled Internet, Music and People tab). Oh, lastly I have the 1800mah battery, but ordered this from some ebay seller.

My signal strength hovers around 95-100% depending on what part of my house I'm in. (I live a few blocks from the tower). Hurray for refurbished phone!

Are you using the same battery as before? I just go a reburbished (looks new) phone for verizon wince something happened to the hardware of the buttons on my previous. I am curious if the same thing will happen as with yours. If it is still the same battery you had before how long have you had that battery? I have noticed the battery deteriorates quickly after 1 year of usage. But I would love to copy your setup as a test for Verizon since I experienced similar scenario on my old phone until Tuesday when I got the "new" one.

Last edited by Scorepion; 10-01-2010 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Added Correct Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:33 AM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
For mail, it's stored in a file called "cemail.vol" which is normally in your main memory. You can move it to your storage card with a reg edit... and then after a flash all you need to do is rerun the reg edit and your mail is restored -- although after I do this I have to go in and edit my mail settings again for user/pass and servers... but that's a quick task.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
did anyone else try this? the email portion worked but it also moved my text messages, or at least i assume so. when i reset the phone all my messages had been cleared and new sms were not stored, i got the notification and quickly it dissappeared. after deleting the above reg edits everything was restored including the new received sms, so is there a way to ONLY move email without text messages? or move everything at the same time? it basically was reading messages from the cemail.vol on my storage card but recording sms messages stored on the vol file under my main memory
I'm not sure why people feel the need to move their email and text to SD. The TP2 has plenty of main storage. My mail+text never goes above 5mb and I usually have at least 130mb free after installing everything. Unless you really need to recover the space, this will not give you more RAM and I really doubt it makes anything faster.

Well, this begs the question, how big are your cemail files? I use IMAP/POP with two accounts set to download for 30 days. My cemail.vol is 1.7mb at the momemt. I may be switching to gmail soon so any input from gmail users?

Last edited by sly; 10-01-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker

unxguyjr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
so if you have an Office 2010 cab try and install it over the Office 2010 that's built into the rom and see if it fixes the issue you have, and another thing might be that you are installing another cab that's breaking Office, that's why it's important to install one cab at a time and see if everything works and then move on to the next cab, you are the only one that's saying it's not working so either it's something you're doing or no one else uses it.
I am having issues as well. I copy over excel sheetsthat have some port and network info so when I am in data center I do not have to take my laptop with me. This has always worked great. With the recent roms I have had some strange behavior and even SOD which required reset. I am not OCing right now...wanted to see how thing worked with out it. I have tried fresh and with some of my cabs and does the same thing either way. I have not tried to install the version from MP to see if that fixes anything. I do not want to go back to an earlier rom cause (2/29 21680 Dinik is smoking fast!!!) Also slackerradio hangs on me every once in a while too.

Just tried office cab from MarketPlace. Same lockup..ugh..this is going to be an issue for me...NRG Please fix I do not want to go back

Last edited by unxguyjr; 10-01-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 18| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Didn't install either cab or run provisioning & EVERYTHING WAS WORKING!!???[/B] Even the keyboard..?
So, I wonder if NRG actually put some of the stuff in the build itself?.
Haha yea that happened to me and I was shocked.
I felt like the heavens parting and angels singing when that happened. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzik View Post
Here you go. I'll save you the time of looking for it...I hope this helps sprint keyboard fix.cab

what does this fix?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Lurker

unxguyjr is just getting started
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwin View Post
what does this fix?
It fixes the slide out keyboard mapping. Where ; is pressed you get a \ and other mix ups. The cab is no longer needed...it is now part of the energy_sprint provisioning cab that should be applied after you flash your phone via carrier provisioning under start menu>tools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development