View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 PM
eddieyee
PPCGeeks Regular

eddieyee is keeping up the good workeddieyee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 29| 21916|21680 * Sense 2018

Just a note on battery life:

I recently received a refurbished phone due to losing my TP2. (Thank goodness for TEP, but boo on the $100 deductible). Anyways, one thing I constantly had trouble with on my original TP2 was very poor battery life. The max I could ever get was about 10 hrs, typical use (some calls, some texts, emails, maps, etc).

Upon receiving my refurb phone, configured exactly the same way as my previous phone, I am now at about 14 hours of use, and with 83% battery life left!!!

My previous phone would idle drain at about 120-150mah. This one idle drains at about 20-50mah with the 100% exact configuration. Previous flahes I would do a standard, task29, hard reset, install apps and configure. PRL is also the same. Battery life was measured using the acb tool as well as the battclock 3.0.3 tool.

I suspect something was wrong in the hardware of my previous phone for it to drain so quickly. So if you are experiencing poor battery life, you may want to bring it up for warranty work.

My phone is configured to use Exchange (push mail), Lumos, NewMaxx no SD cab, and NueBattery2TP2CDMA-122, overclocked to 710, bluetooth always on... Using Energy.RHODCDMA.21679.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.24.... Cleanram configured for Level2 every hour, and arkswitch removed from startup... Twitter, facebook, weather tabs all enabled with shortest duration polling. (Disabled Internet, Music and People tab). Oh, lastly I have the 1800mah battery, but ordered this from some ebay seller.

My signal strength hovers around 95-100% depending on what part of my house I'm in. (I live a few blocks from the tower). Hurray for refurbished phone!

Last edited by eddieyee; 09-30-2010 at 07:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.