PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianakcv View Post
FOr tabs I use, Home, Internet, Music tab, weather, sms, email, and settings...
you're right might disable internet and just put the opera quicklink...

on the other hand, when i try to set the lockscreen, i change some settings and they don't show up.

For example the lock style, i change it to all three, and all three showed the on that slides down.

When i try to change the lockscren layout, whatever i put in, it doesn't show up when i lock the screen.

So nothing i change shows up...anybody know what's up??

I have the 23128 Aug 10, Dinik cookie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
The lockscreen issue is because NRG included android style lock screens and it is by default. So you need to turn off and get back to winmo styles under Settings>Personal>Switch Lockscreens.
Thats correct. I went into CHT editor and turned on the lockscreen and had it set to auto and it works for me. I can manually lock my phone by holding down the end call key or hitting the lock icon under my taskbar time display and it will also autolock after standby for me.

However, I have the android style lock slider that tkedch mentioned.

Locking is working for me though.

Have you tried a soft reset? (CHT editor would have automatically done a soft reset after you enabled the lockscreen and accepted the settings) If not, it wouldn't hurt to do so.

David

EDIT: Since I'm bored and needed a break from studying ACLS, I decided to try what tkedch suggested and it is working great. I have the clock displayed, notifications and weather on my lock screen and autolock works great. Thanks tkedch.

D

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-11-2010 at 05:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I would try it without hypnotics battery cab. Just to see if there is a difference. I don't use any battery tweak cabs and my battery life is quite good.

Try that and see if it helps. And, even though it drops to 87%, what really matters is how long overall it will last. I use my battery indicator as a reference, not the gold standard.

You may also want to try a soft reset to see if that readjusts the counter. Just a thought but it may work.

Finally, try letting your battery totally discharge and then charge it fully. USE your AC charger, not your USB cable. USB cables take tooo long to charge anyway and can be wonky at times.

Hope that helps.

David
Thanks, I only tried Hypnotics Cab after experiencing this problem for a while. I have reset a few times and always charge with AC charger. Once it hits 87% it discharges at what seems to be a normal rate. Weird.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Aug 10 - 21911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresco299 View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the Aug 10 21911 release hanging? I've had it running for less than 24hrs and is repeated hanging when I close out of apps. Soft reset is the only thing that brings it back.
Yes, I have had this problem, a LOT, even since reflashing. It seems to have something to do with Sense hanging. It happened once when I got an e-mail while in Sense, and the other time right after getting a phone call.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunij View Post
Thanks, I only tried Hypnotics Cab after experiencing this problem for a while. I have reset a few times and always charge with AC charger. Once it hits 87% it discharges at what seems to be a normal rate. Weird.
OK, thats more or less good news, especially since it discharges at a normal rate after 87%.

I always give my TP time to "settle in" after a fresh flash and tend to be a bit lax on how I feel about my battery life (of course, I plan all my flashes whenever I have my 3 day off stretch as I don't want to get stuck on a 12 hour shift with a dead battery).

Usually after a couple days the meter starts working correctly.

David
Old 08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Re: Aug 10 - 21911

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Yes, I have had this problem, a LOT, even since reflashing. It seems to have something to do with Sense hanging. It happened once when I got an e-mail while in Sense, and the other time right after getting a phone call.
Mine did twice yesterday right after I flashed. Once while I was using google maps and setting up my location and once while I was installing an app from my SD card.

I deleted the HTC folder in the Application Data folder on my SD card and no longer have the problem. All is well now and running smoothly.

David
Old 08-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Thats correct. I went into CHT editor and turned on the lockscreen and had it set to auto and it works for me. I can manually lock my phone by holding down the end call key or hitting the lock icon under my taskbar time display and it will also autolock after standby for me.

However, I have the android style lock slider that tkedch mentioned.

Locking is working for me though.

Have you tried a soft reset? (CHT editor would have automatically done a soft reset after you enabled the lockscreen and accepted the settings) If not, it wouldn't hurt to do so.

David

EDIT: Since I'm bored and needed a break from studying ACLS, I decided to try what tkedch suggested and it is working great. I have the clock displayed, notifications and weather on my lock screen and autolock works great. Thanks tkedch.

D
bro, you have way too much time on your hand to be studying for ACLS hahahaha. glad I can contribute back to this helpful community and people like you. I'm sure I'll need your help down the road some time.
BTW, couldn't help but to notice that you're more than double my reputation points but how come we're both still halfway to VIP status. Sorry for this non-NRG related post, but just thought that was weird. I should be quarterway to VIP or something like that. Why show something that gets me excited then only to realize i'm not even close........... sigh.................

Last edited by tkedch; 08-11-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

weird i have 30% and hour ago and i plugged it into the computer to charge... now its at 5% and i got the message that the power source is not strong enough to charge when there is nothing running... WTF??
Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
weird i have 30% and hour ago and i plugged it into the computer to charge... now its at 5% and i got the message that the power source is not strong enough to charge when there is nothing running... WTF??
Like I said a couple posts back, I DO NOT use my computer to charge my phone. USB 2 ports put out 5 volts and USB 1 ports only put out half of that. If you are going to charge by USB ( and I do understand that that is the only way that many people can charge) make sure that you use a powered USB hub.

If you can't use or don't have access to a powered hub, you can use a USB "Y" cable - a usb cable that plugs into two ports on your computer. One port acts as power/data and the other supplies power. WOrks good if you are running on a laptop that is running in powersaver mode where USB voltage is reduced to save energy on the laptop.

If at all possible, use your AC adapter to charge your phone.

David
Old 08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Like I said a couple posts back, I DO NOT use my computer to charge my phone. USB 2 ports put out 5 volts and USB 1 ports only put out half of that. If you are going to charge by USB ( and I do understand that that is the only way that many people can charge) make sure that you use a powered USB hub.

If you can't use or don't have access to a powered hub, you can use a USB "Y" cable - a usb cable that plugs into two ports on your computer. One port acts as power/data and the other supplies power. WOrks good if you are running on a laptop that is running in powersaver mode where USB voltage is reduced to save energy on the laptop.

If at all possible, use your AC adapter to charge your phone.

David
i used my AC adapter whenever i can but im at work and can only use my work computer. It seems there are times when it charges quickly and smoothly but then times when it doesnt charge for s*$t. I try what you said up there...

On another note, is anyone else experiencing this problem. My facebook app wont load picture... Weird...
Old 08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkedch View Post
bro, you have way too much time on your hand to be studying for ACLS hahahaha. glad I can contribute back to this helpful community and people like you. I'm sure I'll need your help down the road some time.
BTW, couldn't help but to notice that you're more than double my reputation points but how come we're both still halfway to VIP status. Sorry for this non-NRG related post, but just thought that was weird. I should be quarterway to VIP or something like that. Why show something that gets me excited then only to realize i'm not even close........... sigh.................
I could be wrong, but I think your status is determined by your post count

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development