PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 on Energy
Carrier: Sprint

coolmuke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by markreif View Post
As far as I know any Verizon branded TP2 will only work on Verizon regardless of the ROM installed. That they requested the removal of the ROM may just be from a lack of knowledge....
I am trying to activate sprint phone on sprint. Can this be done online? Do we need to update the PRL? if so, how.
Thanks.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Sure it can be done. Just flash the shipped rom and activate the device. Sprint's OTA programming will take care of your PRL update.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by markreif View Post
As far as I know any Verizon branded TP2 will only work on Verizon regardless of the ROM installed. That they requested the removal of the ROM may just be from a lack of knowledge....
I appreciate your thoughts, but (*Edit)

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 07-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I appreciate your thoughts, but(*Edit)

The only way to do it is actually illegal and not even allowed to be discussed on this site.

Google is going to have to be the friend of anyone who wants to get a phone on a CDMA network that does not add ESN numbers.

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 07-24-2012 at 03:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 on Energy
Carrier: Sprint

coolmuke is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Sure it can be done. Just flash the shipped rom and activate the device. Sprint's OTA programming will take care of your PRL update.
Is there any step-by-step instruction that I can find to do this.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Sure, it is super simple. Here is what you will have to do:

1. Download This
2. Extract with winrar
3. Double click on "rom upgrade utility"
4. Follow the onscreen steps.
5. Activate online, or call Sprint for Over the Air Programming
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

Evillek is a n00b

Hello,
I have downloaded this ROM for my TP2. Then I connected my TP2 to my PC as Active synch and run RhodCDMA_SoftwareUpgrade.exe
After flashing TP2 has stuck and don't working anymore. Can anyone help me how to fix that please?
Please see photos when I turn on my phone:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 CDMA sprint
Carrier: US cellular

books is a n00b

pls help me downgrade my tp2 sprint from 6.5 to 6.1...plsssss
Old 07-28-2012, 07:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Acer M900
Carrier: Rogers

caldair is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evillek View Post
Hello,
I have downloaded this ROM for my TP2. Then I connected my TP2 to my PC as Active synch and run RhodCDMA_SoftwareUpgrade.exe
After flashing TP2 has stuck and don't working anymore. Can anyone help me how to fix that please?
What model of device is that? it looks like a rhod100 from the pics. That and the fact you are on T-mobile make me think that your issue is that you flashed a CDMA rom on a GSM phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evillek View Post
Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldair View Post
What model of device is that? it looks like a rhod100 from the pics. That and the fact you are on T-mobile make me think that your issue is that you flashed a CDMA rom on a GSM phone.
@caldair: Looks like a GSM TP2 to me too.

@Evillik: guess you probably need to re/read the first post and the wiki. See the links in my signature for the latter. Flash with the RIGHT ROMs once you do some more research.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development