View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
jonlee83
PPCGeeks Regular

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Like I said a couple posts back, I DO NOT use my computer to charge my phone. USB 2 ports put out 5 volts and USB 1 ports only put out half of that. If you are going to charge by USB ( and I do understand that that is the only way that many people can charge) make sure that you use a powered USB hub.

If you can't use or don't have access to a powered hub, you can use a USB "Y" cable - a usb cable that plugs into two ports on your computer. One port acts as power/data and the other supplies power. WOrks good if you are running on a laptop that is running in powersaver mode where USB voltage is reduced to save energy on the laptop.

If at all possible, use your AC adapter to charge your phone.

David
i used my AC adapter whenever i can but im at work and can only use my work computer. It seems there are times when it charges quickly and smoothly but then times when it doesnt charge for s*$t. I try what you said up there...

On another note, is anyone else experiencing this problem. My facebook app wont load picture... Weird...