PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
This is what I do....
Flash..provision..dial *22899...then recieve messages... be sure you hit all messages and don't just click the message. I realize this is 6.5.x but it works the same on both.
Also to send, you can't just send from the picture. You go to messages, add new , then click insert picture if you know what I mean.
See example.
What does dialing the *22899 do? You don't even have to install the VZW MMS fix cab to get it to work? And can you also send MMS as well as receive?

06 GTO Quicksilver/Red leather/M6, 1 of 104
Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead00 View Post
What does dialing the *22899 do? You don't even have to install the VZW MMS fix cab to get it to work? And can you also send MMS as well as receive?
Yep, send and recieve. *22899 programs phone. I'm not sure it's necessary, but I hard reset, task 29, flash, then *22899 every flash. There are a lot of setiings and MMS cabs in this thread, but they are all old news. You don't need any of that stuff anymore. I've read some people don't hard reset or provision and MMS works. Just remember to send you can't just click the picture and send via messages. You have to go to messages, create new, insert picture. To receive don't click on the message in the messages tab, you have to go to "all messages" frist which brings up I believe arcsoft. after you view it here you can click on the message on the tab later and it will shoe up. If you go straight to the click to view from the messages tab you will get the downloading error message.

Try it out. Take a picture of something. Exit camera. Go to messages, create new, insert image, send to yourself. When it comes in go to all messages, then select it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Yep, send and recieve. *22899 programs phone. I'm not sure it's necessary, but I hard reset, task 29, flash, then *22899 every flash. There are a lot of setiings and MMS cabs in this thread, but they are all old news. You don't need any of that stuff anymore. I've read some people don't hard reset or provision and MMS works. Just remember to send you can't just click the picture and send via messages. You have to go to messages, create new, insert picture. To receive don't click on the message in the messages tab, you have to go to "all messages" frist which brings up I believe arcsoft. after you view it here you can click on the message on the tab later and it will shoe up. If you go straight to the click to view from the messages tab you will get the downloading error message.

Try it out. Take a picture of something. Exit camera. Go to messages, create new, insert image, send to yourself. When it comes in go to all messages, then select it.
Thanks for the info man! This was the only thing keeping me from using EnergyROM exclusively because I love it! I'm about to flash and I'll give it a try. Thanks again!

Last edited by bullhead00; 05-10-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 AM
I think I tore my sack.

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Thanks for the info man! This was the only thing keeping me from using EnergyROM exclusively because I love it! I'm about to flash and I'll give it a try. Thanks again!
I remember when VZW lost MMS a couple of months ago. Energy ROM was the first to have it working again, and there's no cab or anything to install. I was on a different ROM and that is what brought me back to Energy.

If you have trouble post it on this thread, just be ready to take some flak because the MMS question comes up every day. It's usually the sprint guys asking though. Send me a PM if you can't get it to work, I see if I can help you more.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, what about the themes for the GTX ROM? Does it also include the standard EnergyROM themes?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spambusterdave View Post
I don't believe 9.7 is baked in. According to the change log O10 final went in with the 4/23 ROMS and has been there since.
Not on the May 9th release. This ROM has Opera9. He was running version 10 beta for a while then finally committed to the non-beta Opera10. From what I can only speculate since I didn't flash the 5/8 ROM is that he was having issues with Opera1000 being the default browser. Something to do with opening links from an email?. I've not experienced that issue ever before. At one point, I was running the Opera-as-default cab, but when he switched to the non-beta I stopped with no problems at all. Maybe it's personal preference?

Is there a good Opera10 cab out there that I could throw into my XDA folder for the next flash? I really don't like 9.x at all. As a matter of fact, I've been using IE since the last flash since I don't have an Opera10 cab readily available.

Last edited by bsarlo; 05-10-2010 at 02:57 AM. Reason: I did flash the 5/9 ROM
Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 AM
I think I tore my sack.

Quote:
Also, what about the themes for the GTX ROM? Does it also include the standard EnergyROM themes?
I think it does, but I'm not on GTX anymore. It was nice for a while, but I didn't really like it. Someone on GTX chip in here.

Sorry I couldn't be more help on this.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I think I tore my sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
Not on the May 9th release. This ROM has Opera9. He was running version 10 beta for a while then finally committed to the non-beta Opera10. From what I can only speculate since I didn't flash the 5/9 ROM is that he was having issues with Opera1000 being the default browser. Something to do with opening links from an email?. I've not experienced that issue ever before. At one point, I was running the Opera-as-default cab, but when he switched to the non-beta I stopped with no problems at all. Maybe it's personal preference?

Is there a good Opera10 cab out there that I could throw into my XDA folder for the next flash? I really don't like 9.x at all. As a matter of fact, I've been using IE since the last flash since I don't have an Opera10 cab readily available.
I was having problems with Opera 10, I couldn't open links from the twitter tab. I'd click the link, Opera 10 would open up but never load the page so eventually I would let it open, copy the link, close it, open opera mini 5 then paste the link.

Try Opera mini 5. I can't tell the difference except it works faster for me than the Opera 10 or 9s ever did.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MINI5WM.CAB (993.1 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jambaj0e is a n00b

I flash my phone strictly through a miniSD because for some reason, I can't get it to activesync with Vista ever since I went to 6.5.3+ ROM.

Is there a way to run Task29 from the phone, followed by a ROM flash straight from a memory card?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 AM
I think I tore my sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
I flash my phone strictly through a miniSD because for some reason, I can't get it to activesync with Vista ever since I went to 6.5.3+ ROM.

Is there a way to run Task29 from the phone, followed by a ROM flash straight from a memory card?
I'm not sure, try the Task 29 thread on xda.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=644781

As for syncing with the computer, I had a problem for a while. I think I had to go in and delete all my USB ports in Device Manager or something like that. I'm on Windows 7 now but I remember having activesync problems in Vista. I'll see If I have the solution saved somewhere. Try googling it, I don't think it's 6.5.3 thing I think it's a Vista USB thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development