PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
ok i got most of this answered but the second question....
I'll play around with it a bit and see what I can find out.

Edit: OK, if I click on notifications, it takes me to the notification window in the FB app and I can see all the notifications. Not sure if "requests" is hanging for me because I know I have a gillion maffia wars and farmville requests that I haven't deleted but they are not showing up in the requests on the FB app on my phone.
I guess the only thing that I'm missing - and could use - is groups.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-11-2010 at 02:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eddieyee is keeping up the good workeddieyee is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
+1 same
Quote:
Originally Posted by teon View Post
My battery life with Energy.RHODCDMA.23128.Sense2.5.Cookie.Aug.10 is terrible. 100% goes down to 87% after 1 hr with only 2-3 min open Opera.
Shouldn't go by the % off the bat, however I noticed most people don't mention what their discharge rate is. The discharge rate is actually MUCH more important than what the battery % shows. I've been trying to narrow down what is eating up my battery too, and found this nifty battery logging tool. Install the tool and log your battery for an hour and look at the txt file later to see what is going on. I'm still trying to figure out what my issue is, but I currently get average discharge rates of about 180ma, which is rather high. I've seen some people get about 75-100.

You should save the log file to the main memory, as sometimes the SD card is disabled when locked.
Attached Files
File Type: cab BattLog.CAB (1.03 MB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by eddieyee; 08-11-2010 at 02:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
Shouldn't go by the % off the bat, however I noticed most people don't mention what their discharge rate is. The discharge rate is actually MUCH more important than what the battery % shows. I've been trying to narrow down what is eating up my battery too, and found this nifty battery logging tool. Install the tool and log your battery for an hour and look at the txt file later to see what is going on. I'm still trying to figure out what my issue is, but I currently get average discharge rates of about 180ma, which is rather high. I've seen some people get about 75-100.

You should save the log file to the main memory, as sometimes the SD card is disabled when locked.
Thanks, That looks like a useful tool to help troubleshoot.

Heres a couple things to consider:

1. The default interval for the weather app and location is 1 hour. During that period of time, it will search for weather info. If you don't have a good signal, it will make several attempts to download the weather info.

2. Push mail/exchange. The default is to download messages as they arrive. Again, this uses the radio a bit more than normal and in poor signal situations can contribute to a faster discharge rate.

3. (ok so a few rather than a couple) Screen brighness. I set mine to either auto or 50% brightness. As someone else pointed out, the screen does use a bit of juice so reducing the brightness does save on battery.

I posted at 1:00 that I was in the mid 80's. 2 hours later, I am at 74%. So for me, that is an average day. If I'm in a better signal area (at home I'm in a fringe area and rely on my airave) I can get close to 48 hours before I hit the 10% mark.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Cresco299 is becoming a great contributor
Aug 10 - 21911

Has anyone had any issues with the Aug 10 21911 release hanging? I've had it running for less than 24hrs and is repeated hanging when I close out of apps. Soft reset is the only thing that brings it back.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:29 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

:>)) (glad you are OC now… lol, glad you are…)
Orig OC http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290
OC ppcgeeks thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=45 thread started on 4/5.
Your “new” thread started on 7/25: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...80#post1883080
OC in Energy thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...12#post1873212
(related to my overclocking, discussion here, but don't think so...)

Yep, dished out a little crap after seeing the same thing for the 20th time on 10 different threads! Probably inspired by another “sprint keyboard” fix question! HA! Certainly over clocking is about the best thing to happen to the TP2 & don’t want to stifle discussion, but even the posts in both threads were similar! May have jumped the gun..

..aside from the initial multi post response bashing & wordage.. in less than a month on this Energy thread.. you’ve been very helpful to the community! Good job.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:30 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Since someone asked…. My 2 cents on OC (Over Clocking): Works perfect!!!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=375

Last edited by teradog; 08-11-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teon View Post
My battery life with Energy.RHODCDMA.23128.Sense2.5.Cookie.Aug.10 is terrible. 100% goes down to 87% after 1 hr with only 2-3 min open Opera.
Exact same issue on 8/1 Cookie Energy 236xx. Disabled Bluetooth, Push and WIFI. Ran hypnotic's battery cab. After a night of charging, when I take it off charge, I watch it count down to 87% within 3-5 minutes. I plan on reflashing to 8/10. I might try a new battery as I have had phone since Sprint came out with it.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG OPtimus M
Carrier: METROPCS

dianakcv is becoming a great contributor

FOr tabs I use, Home, Internet, Music tab, weather, sms, email, and settings...
you're right might disable internet and just put the opera quicklink...

on the other hand, when i try to set the lockscreen, i change some settings and they don't show up.

For example the lock style, i change it to all three, and all three showed the on that slides down.

When i try to change the lockscren layout, whatever i put in, it doesn't show up when i lock the screen.

So nothing i change shows up...anybody know what's up??

I have the 23128 Aug 10, Dinik cookie.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianakcv View Post
FOr tabs I use, Home, Internet, Music tab, weather, sms, email, and settings...
you're right might disable internet and just put the opera quicklink...

on the other hand, when i try to set the lockscreen, i change some settings and they don't show up.

For example the lock style, i change it to all three, and all three showed the on that slides down.

When i try to change the lockscren layout, whatever i put in, it doesn't show up when i lock the screen.

So nothing i change shows up...anybody know what's up??

I have the 23128 Aug 10, Dinik cookie.
The lockscreen issue is because NRG included android style lock screens and it is by default. So you need to turn off and get back to winmo styles under Settings>Personal>Switch Lockscreens.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunij View Post
Exact same issue on 8/1 Cookie Energy 236xx. Disabled Bluetooth, Push and WIFI. Ran hypnotic's battery cab. After a night of charging, when I take it off charge, I watch it count down to 87% within 3-5 minutes. I plan on reflashing to 8/10. I might try a new battery as I have had phone since Sprint came out with it.
I would try it without hypnotics battery cab. Just to see if there is a difference. I don't use any battery tweak cabs and my battery life is quite good.

Try that and see if it helps. And, even though it drops to 87%, what really matters is how long overall it will last. I use my battery indicator as a reference, not the gold standard.

You may also want to try a soft reset to see if that readjusts the counter. Just a thought but it may work.

Finally, try letting your battery totally discharge and then charge it fully. USE your AC charger, not your USB cable. USB cables take tooo long to charge anyway and can be wonky at times.

Hope that helps.

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development