View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 03:07 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieyee View Post
Shouldn't go by the % off the bat, however I noticed most people don't mention what their discharge rate is. The discharge rate is actually MUCH more important than what the battery % shows. I've been trying to narrow down what is eating up my battery too, and found this nifty battery logging tool. Install the tool and log your battery for an hour and look at the txt file later to see what is going on. I'm still trying to figure out what my issue is, but I currently get average discharge rates of about 180ma, which is rather high. I've seen some people get about 75-100.

You should save the log file to the main memory, as sometimes the SD card is disabled when locked.
Thanks, That looks like a useful tool to help troubleshoot.

Heres a couple things to consider:

1. The default interval for the weather app and location is 1 hour. During that period of time, it will search for weather info. If you don't have a good signal, it will make several attempts to download the weather info.

2. Push mail/exchange. The default is to download messages as they arrive. Again, this uses the radio a bit more than normal and in poor signal situations can contribute to a faster discharge rate.

3. (ok so a few rather than a couple) Screen brighness. I set mine to either auto or 50% brightness. As someone else pointed out, the screen does use a bit of juice so reducing the brightness does save on battery.

I posted at 1:00 that I was in the mid 80's. 2 hours later, I am at 74%. So for me, that is an average day. If I'm in a better signal area (at home I'm in a fringe area and rely on my airave) I can get close to 48 hours before I hit the 10% mark.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.