PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Dold is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
With new builds every 4-5 days, I never know when to update. I dont have time to update to every new build (even using XDA_UAC, etc.).

I almost wish NRG would delineate a "stable" or "RC1" type build every month or so. In other words, once you have a build that is current with no major bugs or serious flaws and it seems to be pretty smooth, designate it as "stable" (like a RC1 build or something). Otherwise, we have no way to know if the build we happen to d/l when we have time to check the thread is the best option or not. You may flash to a build then see 5 posts the next day that it has major issues. If I download and flash then see a day later that a new build fixes major bugs its a pain in the ass. I'd rather have an older version of sense, apps, etc. if it means I know its rock solid stable and has no major issues.

We love the constant work and updates, but for those that cant follow the thread daily its hard to decide which is the best build to stick with if you cant be flashing constantly. Just a thought/suggestion.

Keep up the great work!
LOL
I know what you mean. I have thought this myself. BUT to be honest I DO know when I'm on an stable rom. But as soon as I see an update I get this itch... I know I have a good ROM and I can get through with it... but I need to flash the new one!. I can't help it, and it seems neither can you...
I rely heavily on my phone for work, so I flash at night some of the new roms, but always flash last the 21xxx series, even if it has some bug it so small that it doesn't affects my communications. Use XDA_UC just for auto cab install no regs, and exchange server for the contacts and calendar.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Yes please, let us know what you find and if its an easy cab to install for this fix since I use BT all the time, this kinda sucks at the moment.
Ok well here is a cab I found, what I suggest is to unpair your headset, install this cab, soft reset and then pair your headset again and see if that works, apparently from what I read about it, it's a hit or miss type thing so for now this is all I can find, give it a try and let us know if it works or not.
Attached Files
File Type: cab bluetooth_improve.cab (1.9 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
On Sprint do nothing after a flash except this cab that makes 2 reg settings for mms.

Thanks to Boushh for the most continually uploaded cab

FYI - Verizon users don't need to install anything. Just run Carrier Provisioning.
Thanks for the cab, but I get a "@" on my to field every time I want to send a picture out via SMS, I would always have to remove the "@" before adding a contact
Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |May 9| 21903|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·

Quote:
Thanks for the cab, but I get a "@" on my to field every time I want to send a picture out via SMS, I would always have to remove the "@" before adding a contact
I get this as well, I'd love to see a fix.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

I recently flashed to the latest energy rom and noticed that the HD mini lock screen looked Android like. Is there a skin/cab to change the HD mini? I don't always run energy roms but like the look of that lock screen. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

stevey5036 is keeping up the good workstevey5036 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
one of the things that might help out is to find out what other roms are using as far as bluetooth drivers and maybe find that cab/package and import that into NRGs rom and see if that works, I don't use a bluetooth headset so I wouldn't be able to do any testing, but I'll try to look around and see if I can find something.
NRG has already tried changing updating the bluetooth package in the ROM and it didn't change anything. I don't really know the internal workings of a ROM so what else could cause something like this?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys new to the TP2 stuff but old on the TP and NRG ROM, the second I got my TP2 I unlocked it and droped NRG latest ROM on it. But I can seem to answer and hangup calls with my blue tooth (Jawbone2)headset. I connects to the phone just fine, but can answer and cant hangup. Any advise?
one of the things that might help out is to find out what other roms are using as far as bluetooth drivers and maybe find that cab/package and import that into NRGs rom and see if that works, I don't use a bluetooth headset so I wouldn't be able to do any testing, but I'll try to look around and see if I can find something.
Yes please, let us know what you find and if its an easy cab to install for this fix since I use BT all the time, this kinda sucks at the moment.

Ok well here is a cab I found, what I suggest is to unpair your headset, install this cab, soft reset and then pair your headset again and see if that works, apparently from what I read about it, it's a hit or miss type thing so for now this is all I can find, give it a try and let us know if it works or not.
I have a unique BT setup, and ever since I flashed any NRG ROM since late April/early May, every once in a while I'll get the delayed hang-up using the steering-wheel control. He did change to that BT 500 package during that time period, but I haven't noticed any difference.

My car has a pop-out dial-pad that was working perfectly with the VZW RC1 ROM, but the dial pad hasn't work properly with any of the NRG ROMS that I've flashed. Perhaps NRG could try the VZW RC1 BT package? It may solve all issues with anyone else having the hang-up issue. I'm sure he has access to that ROM, but if not, I may be of assistance.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
I recently flashed to the latest energy rom and noticed that the HD mini lock screen looked Android like. Is there a skin/cab to change the HD mini? I don't always run energy roms but like the look of that lock screen. Any help would be appreciated.
Start - settings - personal - switch lockscreens

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

infamous757 is a n00b

anybody know how do u keep the quick links from auto-hiding for Level 1 - Main Home? (dont know if it matters but im using the Cookie GTX (white theme))

thanks!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous757 View Post
anybody know how do u keep the quick links from auto-hiding for Level 1 - Main Home? (dont know if it matters but im using the Cookie GTX (white theme))

thanks!
I remember reading earlier in the thread that you must keep a certain distance between the quicklinks and any other widget on the screen, are yours very close to another element on the screen?
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development