PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 02:54 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL278 View Post
New to this forum... and was about to smash my tp2 against the wall for being so slow but I just flashed ur cookie dinix rom. It's sweet! but how do i get the htc sms back? it always shows up as no messages. thx
Start (winkey), htc folder, htc sms
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:57 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

PP 0 (page pool zero) 23129 Aug 13 CHT

OK, so Arkswitch shows less RAM, but my apps & stuff are much more snappy... haven't had any memory error issues, can run tons of tabs in opera..

Not sure if the whole thing is faster due to new OS & new sense... or zero pp or both!

Then over clocked to 748... no lockups yet... will keep posted tomorrow. Try it! Solid & fast so far.

One issue I did notice at first before I changed anything... I loaded up IE, opera, total commander, google maps, etc.. it started closing apps a little to freely! and then it seemed very free to do so with only a couple loaded... didn't seem to want to recover the RAM back well (looked in arkswitch again)

Last edited by teradog; 08-14-2010 at 03:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
Very interesting! Yes, keep testing!! Also, are you using email on the phone? If so, pop/imap/exchange? And let us know the runtime since last reset.
pop & imap, last ROM 23128 downloaded a thousand messages fine from one of my accounts, don't know why so many... usually seems to limit the number of days

no exchange

tired.. sorry runtime? As in had it running fine for an hour? (about how long)
Old 08-14-2010, 03:10 AM
VIP Member - Retired

[QUOTE=Kane3162;1910806]I am going to get on the Standard Reference Sense 2.5 for Aug13th, but have any of my previous bugs

EDIT2: additionally I must be mistaken... did someone say kitchen... I would love to rip so much stuff out of the Standard.Reference.Sense2.5!

a prog attached a few pages back will let you do that, htcRIE
Old 08-14-2010, 03:16 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Lets see if I can save myself some time with a bing issue by asking the experts.

Load the rom, bing works great. XDA_UC main install, bing works great. XDA_UC SD install bing has a connection error. Before I go through the trouble of installing my sd programs one at a time(about 35 of them), does anyone one know of programs that have conflicts with Bing?
sorry should have combined all these posts into 1 or 2..
dunno, but here's what I'd do....
download new bing, run off internal, not storage card & see if same issue, if you don't have a class 6 sd card, you should... (6MB/s)
also make sure you delete SD application data\htc folder

install cabs 1x1?! There's 2 programs out there & use sashimi to auto run cabs... UC does it too jaba the hut thinken or you are trying to trouble shoot?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:20 AM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Teradog, I always start from scratch when it comes to settings. I still import contacts from PIM Backup but have u had any issues from any of ur backup programs carrying flaws from the last rom to the new rom?
ha! yea, just flashed this thing 20 times in the last 2 hours.. too tired! I usually do when changing sense or OS!! So, both are changed & didn't!? seems to be working good though.. i figured if i got some strange crap, just reflash & rebuild...

Here's some of the stuff I do... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kris812 is keeping up the good workkris812 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well... I ran my phone completely dead and it would never charge back up via USB to a pc,360,ps3 etc.. I had to wait till I got home to use the stock HTC charger.. What a pain.. Not a ROM issue but an FYI to all-USB charging is not always the way to go.. lol..

On another note I tried using the WiFi router to share the mobile web and got it all up and going but the PC would never get DNS.. I'm guessing this is because I have cricket.. Anyone else with cricket got a +2 on this? Is there another way to share the web that works with cricket?

Also I've been using the cricket carrier cab I had from my TP1 but MMS receiving seems to be a bit flakey.. Anyone have a known working cricket cab for the TP2?? Maybe this can be added to carrier provisioning??

Thanks alot NRG for the updates but so far I've flashed 3 of the latest releases and the aug10 and aug01 seems the best.. Aug01 was wicked smooth and aug10 had an awesome wifi manager.. In the last two releases there are some screens (mainly file browsing through a different few ways) that seem to be set up for VGA as the blue tint background and certain feilds dont line up right.. All in all I'm going to play with the new one for a bit 23xxx aug 13 cookie and possibly go back to one of the last two due to speed and stability
Old 08-14-2010, 05:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

2 questions

1. Is there a way to get a confirmation to delete window or pop up when deleting emails?

2. There was a setting area where u could change the 'reading' zoom verses 'writing' soom i.e. u could change them from 100 to 200% but i cannot for the life of me find where this setting is located. anyhelp?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

With new builds every 4-5 days, I never know when to update. I dont have time to update to every new build (even using XDA_UAC, etc.).

I almost wish NRG would delineate a "stable" or "RC1" type build every month or so. In other words, once you have a build that is current with no major bugs or serious flaws and it seems to be pretty smooth, designate it as "stable" (like a RC1 build or something). Otherwise, we have no way to know if the build we happen to d/l when we have time to check the thread is the best option or not. You may flash to a build then see 5 posts the next day that it has major issues. If I download and flash then see a day later that a new build fixes major bugs its a pain in the ass. I'd rather have an older version of sense, apps, etc. if it means I know its rock solid stable and has no major issues.

We love the constant work and updates, but for those that cant follow the thread daily its hard to decide which is the best build to stick with if you cant be flashing constantly. Just a thought/suggestion.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Alpine-; 08-14-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjpriset is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpriset View Post
If I select a different theme, some of the start menu text becomes white. Anyone know how to fix this?

Using Aug11th DinikGTX 23XXX

Anyone? Still happening in the Aug13th version. It's a pain that you can't change the theme without making some of the start menu icon text unreadable by turning white.

To see what I mean, go Start --> Settings --> Home --> Select EnergyROM 2010 GTX --> OK. If you go back to the Start Menu, you will see that many of the icons now have white text.

Is there a cab or something that changes this text to black?

Last edited by jpriset; 08-14-2010 at 09:23 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development