PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch
Carrier: USCC

gjbnh is keeping up the good workgjbnh is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Thanks for the reply. Data seems to be fine, although I had to provision the rom a couple of times. it's a minor thing, and I really don't need an update roaming list (becasue I don't roam lol) Next time I flash back to stock, I will try again, to make sure it is in the rom.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Are you talking about Left Phone Button > Menu > Options ?

For vibration, go to the settings tab > personalize > vibration.

I am trying to figure out how to make the vibration more "tactile". Its awful weak and I can't hardly tell sometimes if its working. Agreed with MR, it seemed like you could feel the vibration better. I've looked in advanced config and BSB tweaks and couldn't find anything. Registry maybe? I usually don't go spelunking in the registry unless I have to...

David
Hey Dave,
here's a list of a registry search i did for the word "vibrat". i'll be looking through the entire reg as you read this and may have another list for you.

marvin

Last edited by ichthus; 08-15-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: attach further reg search results
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
Hey Dave,
here's a list of a registry search i did for the word "vibrat". i'll be looking through the entire reg as you read this and may have another list for you.

marvin
Thanks Marvin. I saw that key vibration level. That may be what I'm looking for and will look into it more. When I have my phone on vibrate and get a call or a text, it vibrates great but whenever I hit the keys, especially the onscreen keys, the vibration is very weak to almost imperceptible.

On another note, I had one freezup today on 8/13 23129 CHT. I got a text message and slid the slide to unlock slider down and things froze up. Screen didn't dim, power button didn't work so I had to SR. Things have been great otherwise, especially battery. I've been running since 5am today and after several calls, many texts and a bit of browsing (was jonesing for some PPCG earlier) I'm still at 89%!! Thats amazing.

I did get a couple out of memory errors with opera - but again, thats with a page pool of zero. I'm going to try some overclocking and see how things run. Gonna also try deleting the HTC folder in application data first.

David
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Here is an FYI on a couple of things. First thanked and thanks to tereadog for his advice on my bing issue. It did not solve that one but did get rid of another I was having. So now to:

1. Bing: If you use ameba (x button) to long press your start softkey to voice command, it brakes bing. So now I long press my phone key to VC and use ameba for my task manager and all is well.

2. Overclocking: I know there seems to be some bent feelings on who did what and when, so without meaning offense to anyone I will tell how it works on my phone without any links. I used the overclocking method that uses mort 4.2 and OC auto 4.2 and it makes a big difference! My test is simple. I have about 200 photos on my SD. Just go to messages and tell it to insert pic. Them direct it to you SD card and try and scroll to the last pic, you can grow a beard waiting! With it overclocked it takes about 5-10 seconds, a big difference.

Just for reference I have my phone clocked at:
Safe mode (for startup): 604 w/ 50 sec duratuion.
Normal speed 768, Throttle speed (standby) 604, and poll interval at 1100.
(I found when you get above 710 you need to restart your phone twice to get it to take w/o freezing.)

End of Quarterly rant and wasted thread space
Old 08-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post

2. Overclocking: I know there seems to be some bent feelings on who did what and when, so without meaning offense to anyone I will tell how it works on my phone without any links. I used the overclocking method that uses mort 4.2 and OC auto 4.2 and it makes a big difference! My test is simple. I have about 200 photos on my SD. Just go to messages and tell it to insert pic. Them direct it to you SD card and try and scroll to the last pic, you can grow a beard waiting! With it overclocked it takes about 5-10 seconds, a big difference.

Just for reference I have my phone clocked at:
Safe mode (for startup): 604 w/ 50 sec duratuion.
Normal speed 768, Throttle speed (standby) 604, and poll interval at 1100.
(I found when you get above 710 you need to restart your phone twice to get it to take w/o freezing.)

End of Quarterly rant and wasted thread space
Actually... no rant and thanks for the info.

David
Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
I continue to love this ( Aug 13) rom!! 24 Hours plus so far it it still seems good.
I tired to do a **228 on US CELL, and the automated service told me it was unable to do so. Anyone have any ideas why?

try *228

that's what I use, and I've never had an issue
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache Mogul Vogue TP TP2 EVO4G
Carrier: Cricket $30 unlimited with Data 80KB down 120K up

morbidj is keeping up the good workmorbidj is keeping up the good work

Just wanted to say that tethering is working fine in 8/13 Dinik Glass ROM. I narrowed all of my issues down to a Cricket Provisioning cab produced by Ryan Mogul. I since have manually entered the information and also tried DCD's cricket carrier cab and that solved the issue I had with tethering not being available. My apologies to Energy claiming there was an issue with tethering..

I keep getting this dam system message "Text Message has been sent" or something similar to that when ever I try to respond to a text message?

Is this happening to me only I havent seen it posted yet, and how can I remedy?

Thank You in advance...
Old 08-15-2010, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidj View Post
Just wanted to say that tethering is working fine in 8/13 Dinik Glass ROM. I narrowed all of my issues down to a Cricket Provisioning cab produced by Ryan Mogul. I since have manually entered the information and also tried DCD's cricket carrier cab and that solved the issue I had with tethering not being available. My apologies to Energy claiming there was an issue with tethering..

I keep getting this dam system message "Text Message has been sent" or something similar to that when ever I try to respond to a text message?

Is this happening to me only I havent seen it posted yet, and how can I remedy?

Thank You in advance...
Here u go!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019
Let me know if MightyMike's cab works for u
Old 08-15-2010, 06:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

infamous757 is a n00b

if anyone can please help, i would like to know how can I stop all screen auto-rotations except for when you slide out/in the keyboard.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous757 View Post
if anyone can please help, i would like to know how can I stop all screen auto-rotations except for when you slide out/in the keyboard.
They have a cab in This Thread not sure if it works or not but give it a try and let me know if its a go or not

Edit: I also found this regedit that some say worked like a charm for what ur askin
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\Gsensor
AutoRotation = 0

Also check this out if those 2 dont work

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 08-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development