PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

badwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good workbadwolf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

saw on twitter...
Just found out the "Data Controller" app in the Mar9 ROMs doesnt work. Here's the hotfix.. http://digs.by/1fw8

whats the Data Controller?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:32 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Just in case you never make it out of reading this 1300 page thread, here is a gift for the users of my favorite ROM:

cabs to disable unused devices

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1624441

Hope this helps you....
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrob214 is a n00b

Is anyone else running Max Manilla experiencing an incorrect sms count with the icon on the home screen? Its always displaying a count of "1" when i have no msgs and a count of "2" when I really have 1 new msg. I know I can simply turn off the icon notification on the home screen but would really like to utilize the feature. So I was looking for a quick fix hopefully. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Is there a possibility that you missed a message in there somewhere? I've gotten the ghost message in a past rom or two. Just for S&G, on the messages tab, tap "All Messages" and make sure there are no threads in bold writing. If so, open the thread and see if that clears the count. It should no longer be bold afterward. If it stays bold, just delete the thread. Let me know.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smu View Post
Hello all,
I know that upgrading to the latest ROM can sometimes be a pain particularly when you have to put in all your e-mail setup stuff again. Here is something that should help with it! The attached ZIP is intended to be run on your PC with your TP2 connected and with a successful ActiveSync connection. What it does is it creates a CAB file with your mail settings that can be run from your TP2 after you flash a new ROM. It has all your mail settings saved EXCEPT your signature and your password.
To use the attached zip file, run the "RunConfig.bat" file and it will make a cab called MyMail.cab. Copy this cab to your flash drive on your TP2 and run it after you flash to a new ROM (or better yet, let Sashimi run it for you). The first time your TP2 polls for mail, it will prompt you for the password (remember, the mail password isn't saved in the cab - don't forget to check "Remember password"!).
One downside is that it does NOT grab your Outlook setup, so unfortunately this CAB-maker does not work for setting up your Exchange account - that will still need to be done manually. Good luck!
that is cool.. but you know sashimi's makisu does the same thing as well as saves your wifi info and created an xml file you can push via sashimi ?

Link in my sig on how to do it.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Lurker

jrob214 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Is there a possibility that you missed a message in there somewhere? I've gotten the ghost message in a past rom or two. Just for S&G, on the messages tab, tap "All Messages" and make sure there are no threads in bold writing. If so, open the thread and see if that clears the count. It should no longer be bold afterward. If it stays bold, just delete the thread. Let me know.
Yea I thought of that so to be sure I deleted all messages and the "1" count still appears. its weird because the count is correct on the actual manila sms tab notification but the max manila home screen notification(blue square smiley face) is definitely incorrect
Old 03-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think that icon ties to outlook as well. Check to see that there are no messages in there requiring attention. I'm going to look for the regedit people used to use to fix this. Just to clarify, sliding to the messages tab on the slider, your screen says "no messages"?

If you still have it after this, you can try going HERE and downloading fixunreadcount, but I'm using the cookie version so I can't test it.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-12-2010 at 02:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker

jrob214 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
I think that icon ties to outlook as well. Check to see that there are no messages in there requiring attention. I'm going to look for the regedit people used to use to fix this. Just to clarify, sliding to the messages tab on the slider, your screen says "no messages"?
yep slide to messages tab and i have no new msgs. I figured this was probably a common problem but i guess i was wrong.

Thanks for the help Boominsvx. Installed the file on SD Card and fixed the problem immediately

Last edited by jrob214; 03-12-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker

No problem buddy. Hit the thanks button if you wish. My shallow rep in the forum is embarassing.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob214 View Post
Is anyone else running Max Manilla experiencing an incorrect sms count with the icon on the home screen? Its always displaying a count of "1" when i have no msgs and a count of "2" when I really have 1 new msg. I know I can simply turn off the icon notification on the home screen but would really like to utilize the feature. So I was looking for a quick fix hopefully. Any help is appreciated.
The same thing is happening to me. I hope this fix works for me as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development