View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Dold
Lurker

Dold is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
With new builds every 4-5 days, I never know when to update. I dont have time to update to every new build (even using XDA_UAC, etc.).

I almost wish NRG would delineate a "stable" or "RC1" type build every month or so. In other words, once you have a build that is current with no major bugs or serious flaws and it seems to be pretty smooth, designate it as "stable" (like a RC1 build or something). Otherwise, we have no way to know if the build we happen to d/l when we have time to check the thread is the best option or not. You may flash to a build then see 5 posts the next day that it has major issues. If I download and flash then see a day later that a new build fixes major bugs its a pain in the ass. I'd rather have an older version of sense, apps, etc. if it means I know its rock solid stable and has no major issues.

We love the constant work and updates, but for those that cant follow the thread daily its hard to decide which is the best build to stick with if you cant be flashing constantly. Just a thought/suggestion.

Keep up the great work!
LOL
I know what you mean. I have thought this myself. BUT to be honest I DO know when I'm on an stable rom. But as soon as I see an update I get this itch... I know I have a good ROM and I can get through with it... but I need to flash the new one!. I can't help it, and it seems neither can you...
I rely heavily on my phone for work, so I flash at night some of the new roms, but always flash last the 21xxx series, even if it has some bug it so small that it doesn't affects my communications. Use XDA_UC just for auto cab install no regs, and exchange server for the contacts and calendar.