PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoss View Post
hello, i just installed this room for my tp2 on boostmob, mms picture messaging is not working, do i need to install any cab?
Seems everyone is making this too hard.

Here's the bottom line on getting Boost to work. I have Sprint TP2s with Energy ROMs on Boost with no issues, including working MMS.

1. use my energy_sprint_mms.cab file instead of the stock Sprint provisioning:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2041299-post29976.html

All this does over the regular one built in to the current ROMs is the Arcsoft UI MMS limits is updated to 5mb

2. load my attached custom registry file. It does 3 things:

a. sets the receive MMS server to specific known working one
b. sets the send MMS server to boost's.
c. sets the Append URI registry setting. THIS IS THE ONE that has prevented folks from having MMS work properly. I know, I went through EACH registry item from the other threads to determine which one was specific to making it work. The folks on howard forums also validated this is the primary registry item that broke things for boost users.

These 2 items are ALL that is needed for Boost to work with the CDMA Energy ROMs.

Teradog, I'll PM about putting in a simple wiki entry on getting Boost to work on CDMA Energy ROMs. The other Boost threads on PPC are too generic and meant mostly for stock sprint rom TP2s.
Attached Files
File Type: reg energy_boostmms.reg (2.0 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
AM/PM are just qtc manila files. PM is 37332e2e_manila and AM is 1435ccbf_manila. To make them transparent you can use cfcgui to export the 2 images to png. Then makes those png's transparent and choose 'replace with' in cfcgui to change the image within the manila file (well, you actually really only need to make 1 transparent and use it for both manila files). For the battery warning, you would probably have to modify the battery driver. I think it's hardcoded in the dll.
thanks for the reply - I did find the manila files you talk about being discussed in a post on xda (do they control both the am/pm in the digital face and the am/pm inside the analog face at the sametime? so if I make these files transparent I will not see it on the digital face as well as the analog face?) also I found the change color settings to analog clock am/pm, inside the CHTe already loaded on energy rom and will go thru all the numbers to see if one is set to a clear setting - (doesn't look like it, and maybe just can't be done.)

Battery - I found this cab - HYPNOTIC2010 ALL_BATTERY_TWEAKS, read some bad stuff about it interfering with BT - do you have any info on it? if so do you know if it will allow you to change the warning % level? and does it use up to much battery juice itself to make it worth it?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2011, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Please Add This to the FAQ/WIKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollyd View Post
...I'm having trouble answering the calls when phone rings. I hit the answer button, the bluetooth answer and tried to slide the answer/ignore. nothing works...
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
I read somewhere that this problem has something to do with changes the Advanced Configuration program makes. It seemed to happen to me when I set the data connection to disconnect after x minutes of inactivity. I created a registry edit [attached, see direct post] that works for me... it runs automatically from my XDA_UC folder. If you use Advanced Configuration, make sure to run this file afterwards. I found this fix to also help with MS My Phone connection issues I was having.
Note: Did not work on 01.Feb 28244 Standard ROM for some reason :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
Go into registry editor>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Comm>ConnMgr>Planner>Settings Now under the list look for the Name: SuspendResume and if it says anything other than #777 then change it to #777. Fixes the slider and answering phone... I have to do it all the time after i re-flash.
Quote:
*BUMP, BUMP, BUMP* Would be nice to add to the FAQ/WIKI "Can't answer incoming calls"
*Note: The .reg file and the reg edit do the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Does this happen with the ROM out of the box without ANY modifications you've done ?
No (at least for me) this doesn't happen directly out of the box, but that's the point. It seems (I could be wrong) that a program (i.e. Advanced Configuration) is modifying a registry value that is causing the call-answering & other connection issues. Now it IS happening for me before I install anything else. I know for me, when I change that "SuspendResume" entry to #777, my issues go away. Sooo, does that mean we need to fix the program or not use it?

Last edited by akeaw3000; 03-05-2011 at 07:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: EnergyStandard.RhodCdma.21916.Sense2.5.2021.Feb.27

Just wanted to report on the Feb 27 ROM. I decided to go a more stable route and try the 21916 Standard version. Good battery life & snappy. In 5 days, the only issue I had was answering incoming calls, which I fixed with a recently mentioned registry edit. Mind you, I did not install Co0kie. I'm getting ready to try version 1.7.1, just because. Here's my setup:

EnergyStandard.RhodCdma.21916.Sense2.5.2021.Feb.27
Radio: 2.32.00WF
OC'd @ 748 mHz w/WinMoSpeed 1.05
Weather Wallpaper enabled
Clock Flip Disabled
Panel (Quick Menu) Enabled
190 Contacts
283 Appointments
8 email accts refreshing 1x/day
MS My Phone syncing 1x/day
Disabled home tabs (Twitter, Facebook, Stocks, Call History, People, Music, Internet)
Data Disconnecting after 30 secs inactivity
Programs: Opera Mobile 10, SpoonTorch, ThumbCal, Maxx134 Battery Savers, Mr. X Sprint Prl & Profile, BibleSurfer sqlce3.5, Original TP2 Splash

Last edited by akeaw3000; 03-07-2011 at 04:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

darkflare999 is a n00b

hey guys idk if this have been mentioned yet..if it was im sry to have brought it up again...i searched this thread and didnt really find what i was looking for...the problem im having is with the facebook sense tab...im on the feb 27 build using gtx 28244 rom...i havent had problems with the fb sense tab in the past..and im not sure if its fb itself or the rom....and my problem is...when i go on the fb tab in sense it says no updates and events..went to settings and tried the both authorization methods...the internal authorization lets me login and then it says failed...then i tried the other where u have to login in with opera it says success then i copied and pasted the url back in fb settings..it says authorization succeeded..applied the settings...and theres still no change..however i am able to update my status and that only works?? weird...another problem i have been having on the last 2 builds is the backlight dimming too quick...it set on 10 secs but it seems more like 5 and when i set it to 30secs it stays for a little while then sets its self back to 10?? i usually have to uncheck dimming the backlight but it kills my battery quicker..s0o if anyone has the time to help me it will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
No (at least for me) this doesn't happen directly out of the box, but that's the point. It seems (I could be wrong) that a program (i.e. Advanced Configuration) is modifying a registry value that is causing the call-answering & other connection issues. Now it IS happening for me before I install anything else. I know for me, when I change that "SuspendResume" entry to #777, my issues go away. Sooo, does that mean we need to fix the program or not use it?
I have never had that Adv Config app change the suspend registry entry without directly modifying it. The only time that happened for me was when I tried to work on the BT hangup issue. Then again I stopped using that app since I automate all my settings via XDA_UC/S4X so I've never had to mess with it since. Also note that AdvCfg is no longer being maintained (last touched 2 years ago), so getting it "fixed" probably is not happening. Personally I would suggest not using it unless you absolutely need it for something you cannot create a REG file for yourself.

As for putting this item in the wiki... the suspend issue is a general item and NOT Energy ROM related. We'll have to see if Teradog thinks this is something for the wiki - which we are trying to keep it to specific Energy ROM related topics these days. It's a fine line sometimes...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
...Personally I would suggest not using it unless you absolutely need it for something you cannot create a REG file for yourself.
As for putting this item in the wiki... we are trying to keep it to specific Energy ROM related topics these days. It's a fine line sometimes...
Gotcha!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:10 AM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

BfA is a n00b

Just got the TP2 back from repair where they pretty much replaced everything. I installed 28244 w/ .sencity and nothing extra installed.

- It takes 1 minute when I put the phone in landscape mode to reply to a text. If I turn of the screen and then make it portrait and then turn on the screen the system is frozen and takes around 3 minutes to catch up after me hitting the end key. This has happened after a fresh boot.

- Please go back to Cookie 1.85, C2 doesn't keep the tab information where it should be which gets to be annoying after replacing it 4 or 5 times, I've given up.

- The screen on/off button is buggy, like really buggy. Sometimes it won't work until I push the end key button a few times and wait.

I'm going to try installing the 21916 version tomorrow as the 28244 one is too buggy to use. Thanks for your hard work though, I really like these ROMs over the crappy stock the telcos provide.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:19 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Alrighty guys so, so far I've replaced the slider in Sense so it doesn't seem cutoff anymore. Only noticeable in the regular Cookie ROMs... Replaced the dialer with the one Monfro suggested to see if the inability to answer calls goes away. I've also adjusted the MMS settings, so running that energy_sprint cab shouldnt be necessary anymore. Gonna post a new ROM on hotfile in a couple hours. let me know how it works please. Just look for the Mar 6th ROMs

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 CDMA
Carrier: Boost/att

jkraze is becoming a great contributor

not to down the rom or anything but i have been noticing that after all this time with the phone, how come its not perfect yet? I mean all i keep seeing in almost every post is nothing but problems with this phone. wheres the good stuff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development