View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 PM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 28| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoss View Post
hello, i just installed this room for my tp2 on boostmob, mms picture messaging is not working, do i need to install any cab?
Seems everyone is making this too hard.

Here's the bottom line on getting Boost to work. I have Sprint TP2s with Energy ROMs on Boost with no issues, including working MMS.

1. use my energy_sprint_mms.cab file instead of the stock Sprint provisioning:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2041299-post29976.html

All this does over the regular one built in to the current ROMs is the Arcsoft UI MMS limits is updated to 5mb

2. load my attached custom registry file. It does 3 things:

a. sets the receive MMS server to specific known working one
b. sets the send MMS server to boost's.
c. sets the Append URI registry setting. THIS IS THE ONE that has prevented folks from having MMS work properly. I know, I went through EACH registry item from the other threads to determine which one was specific to making it work. The folks on howard forums also validated this is the primary registry item that broke things for boost users.

These 2 items are ALL that is needed for Boost to work with the CDMA Energy ROMs.

Teradog, I'll PM about putting in a simple wiki entry on getting Boost to work on CDMA Energy ROMs. The other Boost threads on PPC are too generic and meant mostly for stock sprint rom TP2s.
Attached Files
File Type: reg energy_boostmms.reg (2.0 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 5 times.