View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
Would you post the cab please?

Thanks
Per request... attached is my modification to NRGZ's energy_sprint.cab provisioning file from the Dec.27 ROMs. It the same file all the way back from Oct.25 (my older ROM still in use) to Jan.16.

All that changed is:

1. made the _setup.xml file user readable

2. updated ONLY the Arcsoft MMS entries to allow for 5mb send/receive. Specifically this addresses the ability of the UI itself to allow for a max of 5mb. This merges strictly the updates from the Boushh MMS cab file found in the paperclip from long ago.

3. NRGZ already had the Sprint MMS entries already set to handle 5mb.

Other:
a. Supposedly Sprint MMS servers are capped to 2mb messages. I have found no quick google searches to support this. I have tested the send/receive myself. I sent out a 2.9mb MMS with no issues and my recipient received it. Though I think arcsoft then converted down post receive.

b. I have used this exact cab on a few TP2 devices recently for Jan.16. Including a Boost-ified TP2. No SMS, MMS or data provisioning issues I am aware of.

If anyone uses it, please confirm any issues, concerns, etc. If it works for you, let's kindly ask NRGZ to include it on future ROMs.

*clarifications*
1. this file replaces the need to run the STARTMENU->TOOLS->CARRIER PROVISIONING (which just runs the original energy_sprint.cab file). If you already installed the original one, you'll probably get the message about it being already being there and if you want to uninstall it.

2. I would probably recommend folks to use this for the next flash update or hard reset. If you already ran the original provision cab, no need to do this one unless you really want to try it out.

3. Suggested usage... just drop it in your XDA_UC or S4X type installs for future flashes until NRGZ puts in later ROMs.

4. using this cab on Boost-ified TP2s DOES NOT INCLUDE the MMS settings specific to boost servers. Check the other threads on what else you need to get MMS working on boost.

Guess I'll probably post a link to this stuff in the wiki at some point
Attached Files
File Type: cab energy_sprint_mms.cab (192.0 KB, 127 views) Click for barcode!
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 01-21-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: clarifications
This post has been thanked 6 times.