PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
Ok. But can you at least tell us where to find the full video! We can then look at it at our leisure
+1 LOL is that helmet in your front yard?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollyd View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction? I love this ROM but I'm having trouble answering the calls when phone rings. I hit the answer button, the bluetooth answer and tried to slide the answer/ignore. nothing works. Help?
I read somewhere that this problem has something to do with changes the Advanced Configuration program makes. It seemed to happen to me when I set the data connection to disconnect after x minutes of inactivity.

I created a registry edit that works for me... it runs automatically from my XDA_UC folder. If you use Advanced Configuration, make sure to run this file afterwards. I found this fix to also help with MS My Phone connection issues I was having.

Update: Did not work on 01.Feb 28244 Standard ROM for some reason :/
Attached Files
File Type: reg CallAnsFix.reg (256 Bytes, 26 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by akeaw3000; 02-19-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 06| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
This happens to me enough when I've tried CHT2000 (on various NGRZ ROMs I've tried) that I just kind of gave up until the CHT team releases an update. There are other glitches that are not consistently reproducible that I run in to, but others seem to have documented on their thread so at least I'm not crazy.
Thanks. I am switching to the Standard EnergyROM and will install CHT 1.8.5 separately and see how that works...

Update: No CHT issues, but the ROM presented sooo many problems, I'm back on 13.Dec ROM.

Last edited by akeaw3000; 02-19-2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)
happens to me once in a while. Seems to be a cookie 2.0 thing. No fix that I have found so far.
I just have a reg copy of my setting waiting to reload - just in case...
Thanks. Guess I'm gonna try the Standard EnergyROM and install CHT 1.8.5 separately to see how that works...

Update: Ended up going back to 13.Dec ROM. I had no CHT issues with 1.8.5, but 01.Feb Standard Energy ROM had too many issues for me.

Last edited by akeaw3000; 02-19-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc universal
Carrier: smart

potpotskii is a n00b

Hi! It's my first time here. I flashed Feb.1 Dinik (sorry I forgot the build but its the one w/ the Start button at the buttom), my first custom rom on my Sprint TP2. I like it very much! But I have observed that whenever I use the cooked Notepad, the letters/words I have typed blink on the screen whenever I punch a new letter via the hardware keyboard or the on-screen keyboard. I installed another version of Shamasis' Notepad mobile but the letters/words blink too. I use my TP2 with a bluetooth keyboard so I like the fullscreen support from Shamasis' Notepad. But since it "blinks", I just have to settle w/ Word Mobile without the full screen support. With the original stock rom, I don't have this issue. Is there any fix to this? Thanks for reading!

And by the way, I experimented deleting some unused cooked apps to make the rom lighter (by deleting them on Windows and Programs menu and the registry - is that OK?) so it won't blink. But to no avail.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by potpotskii View Post
Hi! It's my first time here. I flashed Feb.1 Dinik (sorry I forgot the build but its the one w/ the Start button at the buttom), my first custom rom on my Sprint TP2. I like it very much! But I have observed that whenever I use the cooked Notepad, the letters/words I have typed blink on the screen whenever I punch a new letter via the hardware keyboard or the on-screen keyboard. I installed another version of Shamasis' Notepad mobile but the letters/words blink too. I use my TP2 with a bluetooth keyboard so I like the fullscreen support from Shamasis' Notepad. But since it "blinks", I just have to settle w/ Word Mobile without the full screen support. With the original stock rom, I don't have this issue. Is there any fix to this? Thanks for reading!

And by the way, I experimented deleting some unused cooked apps to make the rom lighter (by deleting them on Windows and Programs menu and the registry - is that OK?) so it won't blink. But to no avail.
First flash deserves a first thanks. Welcome to your new addiction.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc universal
Carrier: smart

potpotskii is a n00b

Thanks for your warm welcome! It seems the EnergyROM thread has the most posts on PPCG and XDA. That makes a newbie like me comfortable to be in such a big community. Any advise on my blinking problem?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:15 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

potpotski: welcome
1st ive heard of that u are the only 1 ive heard using bt keyboard.., heres what i would do if it helps... no its not a solution but a process..

1. did it blink on stock rom? (no it didnt.. but I list it so others can see the process)
2. did u post (copy& paste) the exact ROM u downloaded?
(so people know where to start? (kind of.. bottom start=28xxx dinik..)
3. st patties day notepad???! what about normal stuff like email?? OK SO.. ms word works.. any blinking on notepad vs notes?
4. use the seach button @ the top search 4 blinking text
5. did u install any cabs or restore stuff b4 u tried the bt keyboard? ensure u try it b4 doing any of that
6. read the welcome message in the faq (red in my sig)... it talks about trouble shooting... look above posts.. trouble with cookie.. burn one without.. if u are using 28xxx (which u are), try 21xxx, then one without sense, or jump right 2 titanium & try it .. if u were using 28xxx, titanium is still 29xxx i think, so u can try a diff build that may play nicer... no cookie, no sense.. a minimal ROM to test with
7. burn a different rom that doesnt have the bt hangup issue...

the answers 2 some of these q's will lead u down different paths..
burn his reference rom & try, its close 2 a stock rom..

post via tp2

Last edited by teradog; 02-09-2011 at 11:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Just make sure you're running a different startmenu in settings (CSM or, Panel) or you'll run out of RAM in Opera using pp zero...

If you're the only one, re-download, task29, reflash... takes 10 min.
look harder than that... there's a cab for IE in the last couple weeks... can't remember, i'd have to go search also... Opera:config, max connections (server..) try to google opera:config

You are on REV A... Doubt big time there are any rev 0 only towers around! From wiki:
Rev 0: Typical speeds achieved are between 20-50 kbit/s.
Rev A: under normal conditions users experience a rate of approximately 500-1000kbit/s but with more latency than cable and dsl.

Again... often the test sites mess up quite a bit! The way I test? DL an Energy ROM & see how many KBPS you get after 4 min.. & total time..

LOL... scrolling down the page/her, evey time you get to the page..... good & bad :>)
Wouldn't hurt to mix it up a tad... but then again you may have a riot on your hands...
also, powinmo has stepped up & is helping out on the faq..

Tell you what... I'm going to go change mine right now...
GO PACK!
Record 13 NFL World Championships
League annals show 13 World Championships,[4] the most in the NFL (the next closest team is the Chicago Bears, with nine). The first three were decided by league standing, the next six by the NFL Title Game, and the final four Super Bowl victories.
(wiki)

I think i figured it out.. a proxy server i must have connected to at some point in time was coming back into my registry settings.. I had to del the keys and add new connections. since then i have been good..

for the speeds that your seeing.. I want to know what you are using specifically because you are the only person getting those speeds that i am aware of! so please share what you have cause i have downloaded cabs for speed and haven’t seen that.. I saw 1.1 like once then never again but that was using opera.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
[/SIZE]

I think i figured it out.. a proxy server i must have connected to at some point in time was coming back into my registry settings.. I had to del the keys and add new connections. since then i have been good..

for the speeds that your seeing.. I want to know what you are using specifically because you are the only person getting those speeds that i am aware of! so please share what you have cause i have downloaded cabs for speed and haven’t seen that.. I saw 1.1 like once then never again but that was using opera.
+1! Yeah, I would like to know rom, radio, prl, did you run carrier provisioning, speed setting changes in registry if any, mms settings, wifi vs usb, cabs, oc or not, did you do anything special to your connection settings (add a new modem connection, vpn, or edit these)? I've seen some of this information from different posts but it would be nice if it was all in one! Thanks teradog.

I moved back to 12.13 also. I was getting freeze ups, alarm not working, slugglishness all around on the feb 28xxx rom.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 02-09-2011 at 11:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development