PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 26| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
hmm i cant understand why the 28XXX builds have been bought back.
On Home of EnergyRoms by NRGZ28 NRG claims that the 28XXX builds have been bought back by popular demand.
whereas his POLL on the votesx show 29007 as the highest votes..!!!
anyways ours not to question why....as long as i have a new toy!!!!
THNX NRG
i really liked the 29007 build.
Am flashing 28XXX today to see!!!
lets hope it rocks!!!
I don't know why 28244 on this forum has such bad reputation
Since benchmarks and personal feelings it the fastest build released until now.
See here for reference:
[PRJ] SYS Builds: What's the Difference? - xda-developers

I am downloading now...i will make a little review of the new sense later.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
TomTom Bluetooth fixed

TomTom broke our Bluetooth...
Here you can download fixed versions.

I have repacked W/VGA Tom Tom 7.916 and 7.918.
TomTom works well, and the problem with Bluetooth on my Touch Pro 2 disappeared!!

Here are the download links:

Tom Tom 7.916.9189 W/VGA BTfix

Tom Tom 7.918.9193 W/VGA BTfix
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

What happened to the 29000 series??? I am running the first one and it was very nice. A few small issues but nothing to get excited about. I was looking forward to flashing the new rom.....
Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

2021 review

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
What happened to the 29000 series??? I am running the first one and it was very nice. A few small issues but nothing to get excited about. I was looking forward to flashing the new rom.....
Nothing bad happened
28244 and 29007 are 2 different branches.
They have similar performance.

Flashed the new 28244 rom with standard sense 2021, since in the last time i am using it + CHT1.7.1.
After a couple of hours i think the rom is settled.
Seems there is smoother transitions between tabs.
Other than that i see no big visual changes.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

faceoff101 is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 26| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
sounds like you got a bad download, try downloading again and flashing it again, but if i was you i would go to the first page of this thread and look at the first couple posts and read up on the rom and then decide which rom you are wanting and then the download link is in the posts.

Yes I did have a bad download. Thank you for your advice I appreciate it I just finished installing GTX and it's a nice rom =D>. I'll be coming back here for more future update's.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019
Carrier: Verizon

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

...Is this a glitch?

My calender won't sync. It has always synced when I connected it to my work computer. My computer and phone say "Sync Completed", and I have the Calendar checked on things to sync, but nothing was brought over to the phone calendar.

I have the latest Feb 1stbuild

Last edited by madkoopa; 02-02-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:45 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
28xxx ROMs are guess are uploading shortly for us... It's up for Leo's now.... Heh. Seems NRGZ bowed to user requests for 28xxx. But since DFT is back up, and other chefs are using 29009 with good success so far... I'm kinda wondering why not continue with the 29xxx branch.
Agreed, I even sent a tweet begging him not to...?! (I only saw one user in particular)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
i saw this in the wiki http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...p_slowing_down.

This is my exact issue. No matter the ROM, eventually my phone becomes slow and i have to clear storage and start over if i want any speed. I have always believed my phone moved slow and experienced SOD due to the data connection. whenever it tries to update my whole phone slows down to a crawl...i saw a solution as moving twitter to SD card. I remember trying this with email and texts...where is the .vol file for twitter tab? is it moved the same way? any info is helpful thanks
Added this line to wiki, from DaveTN..
A2: Over 100 text messages has been a reported trigger, no known cause yet, delete older text msgs for now.

Yea, did a post a while back on moving email to SD card (Sept?).. ANYONE ELSE HAVE INFO RE. MOVING TEXTS TO SD?
"phone moved slow and experienced SOD due to the data connection. whenever it tries to update my whole phone slows down to a crawl.."
Don't understand this?? Whenever "it" "tries to update".. what? My data connection is always on!....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Energy.RHODCDMA.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jan.26 Is what I have now.
First flash was bad. I left the PagePool @ 18 by default. It booted up, I provisioned to VZW. Set up my e-mail.
Pressing the start button resulted in either a 4 second delay, or me having to press Start again for the menu to come up. It was really slow to switch pages. I went in to advanced config and noticed it was showing the Glyph Cache @ 1 MB. Not sure if that's a glitch or it was accidentally set that low. Anyway, bumped it up to 128 and restarted. Still really slow and choppy. I just re-flashed with a 22 meg PagePool. Provisioned for VZW and increased Glyph Cache to 128. I've done nothing else yet. Not even configured e-mail. Start menu still very slow to come up or non-responsive.
So, SOLUTION WAS REFLASH? right? just want to make sure you big issues went away with a reflash.. You obviously know your stuff by what you post...

Now the remaining issue is slow startmenu correct? You didn't mention which one you're running? the windows stock? If so, I'll let you know the FIRST thing I do in every flash is dump Windows startmenu for either "Panel" or "Compact" (Quickmenu... actually I run both @ same time, choose Quickmenu first, then back in & choose Panel... then upper left is still hot trigger for quick)... just a personal choice that saves 25 MB RAM right off the top.

Even if it's not your fav, if I were you.. basic troubleshooting would suggest dumping it with settings, startmenu layout & see what your results are. Please let us know.
*edit* burn the new ROM, the one you're on is now old :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I hear 1.8.5 was really good.
I'm going to task 29 this thing and run Energy.RHODCDMA.29007.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jan.26 again with the 22MB pagepool.
Never back, only forward... especially if you have had issues, burn the new 28xxx ROM, if still issues, try 21xxx... (typically less issues)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Looks like i got the replacememt tp2 just in time for the new rom release! has it real been since last november since the last sense update??????
Sent from my super EVO!
hehe.. oox is still swinging around the TP2! at least you're not dumping it like the traitor Kiowa (kidding kiowa...) hows lugging around that oversized monster? doesn't the evo come with wheels & a pull handle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
Yes, it is included according to his site ...Lastly, sometimes the things we don't notice wows us because we don't notice. Just another reason to flash!
Well put, those of you having issues, download new ROM, task29, wipe, restore only contacts, don't edit layout of cookie & let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydude View Post
... whereas his POLL on the votesx show 29007 as the highest votes..!!!...
anyways ours not to question why....as long as i have a new toy!!!!
+1 what amazed me about that poll is he didn't even have the 6.5.3 21xxx series in there for vote!!! After all, that ROM really saved our bacon from a string of issue ROMs. It was litterally error free compared to it's predecessors, can't recall any major issues with it at all, if any build other than 29xxx I'd like to see 6.5.3 21xxx tried. If I remember correctly the only reason given for moving off it was that the new OS was faster... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
I don't know why 28244 on this forum has such bad reputation Since benchmarks and personal feelings it the fastest build released until now. See here for reference: [PRJ] SYS Builds: What's the Difference? - xda-developers
.. if I remember correct, we had weird issue after issue & the forum was filled with problems... certainly seemed way more issues than others..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
TomTom broke our Bluetooth...
Here you can download fixed versions.
I have repacked W/VGA Tom Tom 7.916 and 7.918.
TomTom works well, and the problem with Bluetooth on my Touch Pro 2 disappeared!!
don't remember what "your" issue was, can you remind us? Was it the hangup issue? If so... that's a biggy, would be nice to know exactly which "problem" your repack is a solution to... also, perhaps if it is hangup & we can find that all with the hangup issue are using tomtom, problem solved?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by faceoff101 View Post
Yes I did have a bad download. Thank you for your advice I appreciate it I just finished installing GTX and it's a nice rom =D>. I'll be coming back here for more future update's.
Kiowa, if we had a nickel for everytime that was post... going to add something to wiki @ the top about first few steps if someone is having issues with the "new" ROM... thanks for the update faceoff (hockey?)..
Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
...My calender won't sync... I have the latest Feb 1stbuild
2 things.
1. first issue on the 28xxx ROMS? anyone else?
2. flippen A man..! sheessshh c'mon.. "i have feb 1 ROM", look above, over & over we've requested the exact ROM you DL'd, on the last page in fact... requested to copy & paste from hotfile! If y'all really want to fix issues vs. complain... don't you think by now it may be important for others trying to help to know, if you're running 21xxx vs 28xxx (29xxx) OR if you are running Sense as opposed to titanium or max? OR Cookie? 3 major ROM differences that most certainly would impact a persons reply!

*edit*
..after seeing post below... LOL madkoopa, forgot that one... AND Carrier! :>))

Summary: New ROM issue?
Anyone else? Calendar won't sync, Verizon Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.01.7 z

Last edited by teradog; 02-02-2011 at 12:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019
Carrier: Verizon

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor

Oh..ok.
Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.01.7 z
Using HTC sense...Cookie2.0
Verizon.....
And I had eggs for breakfast this morning.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Never back, only forward... especially if you have had issues, burn the new 28xxx ROM, if still issues, try 21xxx... (typically less issues)

.. if I remember correct, we had weird issue after issue & the forum was filled with problems... certainly seemed way more issues than others..

don't remember what "your" issue was, can you remind us? Was it the hangup issue? If so... that's a biggy, would be nice to know exactly which "problem" your repack is a solution to... also, perhaps if it is hangup & we can find that all with the hangup issue are using tomtom, problem solved?!
28244 rom: nov 13 roms had some issues due to reg keys not matching between 28244 .net framework and .net framework general keys (and for this a lot of error messages appeared on the screen. Personally i had no issues at all with that build).
Wmg316 (Xda, GSM Rhod thread) found the cause of all problems being those reg keys. After that NRGZ cooked 28244 roms again in december.
December builds had no particular issues.

Since benchmarks 28244 is the fastest WM build ever.
In the GSM Rhod thread a lot of people are really happy NRGZ cooked it again. Me too, since i never had problems with this build.
Anyway there is no big performance difference with 29007, which is a great build too. Probably the difference in Sense scrolling of 01feb rom is due to Sense 2021.

Tom Tom: Installing Tom Tom "broke" bluetooth in Rhodium NRGZ rom.
When restarting the phone a message saying that "BTTrayCE is not a valid application" promped, and bluetooth was not working.
This is caused by TomTom installation cab that overwrites BtCoreIf.dll and BtSdkCE30.dll (original and working) with its own versions (that doesn't work on WM6.5.X NRGZ roms, but i suspect on a lot more roms).

So, if someone after installing Tom Tom see that error...he needs to install the packages i posted, which are "fixed". (of course the version of Tom Tom that gave problems needs to be uninstalled, to remove those 2 bad dll).
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
hehe.. oox is still swinging around the TP2! at least you're not dumping it like the traitor Kiowa (kidding kiowa...) hows lugging around that oversized monster? doesn't the evo come with wheels & a pull handle?
lmfao beating me up again, man i need some love! lmfao, j/k. as you can see yeah i did switch to the dark side but since the phone runs so great i still have time and love for my TP2 brotheren lol. no doesn't come with wheels and a handle, i put it in my backpack and use a bluetooth to carry it around lol. actually i'm diggin the size of it, fits good in my hands and still fits in all my pockets, spent like 3 hours last night putting a ghost armor full body screen protector on it, lol yes 3 hours, you say why 3 hours, i'm anal like that lol, plus i have the regular battery and the extended 2600 mAH that i had to put covers on. and last thing, i love you guys even though you try and shun me lmao.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development