PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Installed 2/1 cookie 2.0 28244 - first flash since before Christmas

I really can't tell any differences at all, but I still appreciate NRG continuing to provide us with updates (and even a changelog).

I have no intention of upgrading to a new phone from my TP2 anytime soon - it works great - I just wish there were more apps.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
Hang issue is only with CHT2.0.
For this reason, after a couple of months using CHT2.0, i decided to flash Standard rom and add CHT1.7.1 (you can also use CHT1.8.5; i prefer 1.7.1 since it is faster).
So i got rid of that problem
I gotta disagree there. I been having hangup issues (not hanging issues) related to BT on every NRG rom I have used for the last year. And I tried them all.

Are you thinking hanging issues? This is why I do not use CHT2.0 and I wish there was 1.8.5 still being cooked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I assume you're talking about direct ActiveSync over cable? Push has been flawless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
I just added a contact in outlook while connected, and it is not syncing to my phone.. is this what you were talking about?

Yay, I'm not the only one having trouble with this. Yeah, it seems "wired" syncing with Outlook is a bug in this awesome build.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Tom Tom: Installing Tom Tom "broke" bluetooth in Rhodium NRGZ rom.
TomTom on any HTC device with the WidComm stack gets busted by a TomTom cab install for the past few years... esp since development on TT7 stopped sometime ago. Those files it installs by TomTom assumed the MS BT stack on target device. That's why I just stopped using TT and went with the iGO products, or Garmin for old times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
The ONLY huge problem I have left - My Bluetooth headset. I cannot hang up from it. And trying to hang up from the hard key takes three or four presses. I'm going to read through this thread to find the solution as I've noticed others have had the same issue. Hoping there's a fix in the Wiki.

Thanks for all of your help on this. I hope my input is useful as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
28244 has been fastest for me as well. I like it, and it will be nice to see a new sense on that sys build. Hangup issues SUCK. It's the stack.. There is no hope. (Sniff)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I gotta disagree there. I been having hangup issues (not hanging issues) related to BT on every NRG rom I have used for the last year. And I tried them all.

Are you thinking hanging issues? This is why I do not use CHT2.0 and I wish there was 1.8.5 still being cooked.
As pointed out in previous posts I wrote up: I installed the last known good STOCK SPRINT ROM on my TP2s a few months ago with task29 before each flash. I installed no apps and restored no prior contacts, settings, etc - as virgin as I could get it. I performed my data connection (IE page view or install Opera), make a call, then BT hangup test. I was never able to reliably hangup. Others in plenty of other BT threads saw the same thing.

It is the crappy WidComm BT STACK - not any particular custom ROM or combination of some CHT version or not. Just like kyderr mentioned. Even another user here was able to replicate this same issue a few days ago (search for the discussion within this thread).

For complete disclosure I tried these tests on a Jawbone Icon and BlueAnt T1, so headset did not seem to matter.

If you are able to BT hang up, it is likely because you have the right conditions of your device not being locked in to an active EVDO data mode when the call was initiated and was able to switch over to 1xRTT (#777 data suspend mode) for the BT command (hangup) to be recognized by your TP2. *edit* The main issue being, IMHO, the #777 does not seem to take effect all the time.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...

Last edited by powinmo; 02-02-2011 at 05:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
working on the wiki now, no solution to BT hangup, but I did tweet NRG about it again, as the #1 issue here.
Quote:
Hang issue is only with CHT2.0.
For this reason, after a couple of months using CHT2.0, i decided to flash Standard rom and add CHT1.7.1 (you can also use CHT1.8.5; i prefer 1.7.1 since it is faster).
So i got rid of that problem
See my post above about BT hangup issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Problem? Wimospeed. I'm sure stating this... a bunch of you wimospeed bandwagon popularity riders are going to frown... just telling you my results. Was wimospeed an improvement over OCT? Sure... but I hated that (OCT) & never could match setcpuspeed, stable speed... FYI is all, do what you want, believe what you will.. (my opinion, my results, yours may vary)
I think I mentioned it in your dream phone thread... wimospeed is not ideal for aggressive overclocking. From what I remember, you are pretty high up there in terms of your OC speed. Because wimospeed is passive, I've learned you have to be slightly more conservative with the OC speeds. I'm OK with that for the simplicity of having this single binary file that does not need a separate MSCR script to manage the active overclocking like setcpuspeed (msm7) does. Or the active binary that has to always run for OCT.

As listed in the wiki, we kept all three OC options listed. Ideally we should link to discussion threads to inform folks as to which to pick based on needs and expectations. eg, simplicity vs the cutting edge OC speeds you can get...

It is good though that you are willing to push these apps to the edge, and helps give others insight for alternatives if they so wish.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I know the BT issue was fixed in the "revamped" Mr. X Verizon MR2 release some time ago. I've used that ROM exclusively until this month. Shame it can't be incorporated into the newer ROMs somehow. It just might be a deal breaker for me.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
Yay, I'm not the only one having trouble with this. Yeah, it seems "wired" syncing with Outlook is a bug in this awesome build.
Quote:
I just added a contact in outlook while connected, and it is not syncing to my phone.. is this what you were talking about?
GSM RHOD folks over at XDA may be having the same issue it seems... guess I'll hold off on flashing Feb.01 for a bit to see the fall out. I use USB sync quite often.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:03 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Feb.01

Some thoughts on what I have seen so far:
  • Solid so far
  • Every bit as fast as the 29007 ROMS (excluding Dec 13th)
  • Battery drain seems a bit faster than 29007, but I have not measured over a long period of time
  • Memory management seems to be better and maintains more free ram (for me)
  • Manila - Don't notice a difference - I will need to read up on the updates.
Additional info about my usage
  • I do not sync with my pc. I use push, so no issue with sync for me.
  • I use a wired headset
  • I use Opera 10
  • I do not use MMS
  • I overclock with WimoSpeed
  • I set a hell of a lot of registry entries during UC
Thanks NRG for keeping the ball rolling for this device!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
GSM RHOD folks over at XDA may be having the same issue it seems... guess I'll hold off on flashing Feb.01 for a bit to see the fall out. I use USB sync quite often.

Update!

So here is what I sync:
The Computer at work (WindowsXP). 2007 Outlook using the mobile manager program for windows xp

I got home and fiddled with the sync program for Vista on my laptop....had to use Outlook 2007 for the first time and put a dummy contact and calendar event in it...set the Windows Mobile Device Center to sync with those two items when i connected my phone to the laptop....and it worked! It downloaded my dummy contact and calendar event

So now I just have to figure out why it worked for my Vista Machine with the Windows Mobile Device Center as the syncer and not my WindowsXP machine at work with its simpler sync program. I don't know what the version number is....but its the one I've always used...and it didn't sync like it always had.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I just flashed, and when I set up active sync partnership, I got an error, so I unpluged usb, and pluged back in and tryed to set up sync again, for some reason it changed my device id to WMADMINxxxx or somethin like that. so I unpluged usb again, and then in active sync I deleted all partnerships, pluged phone back in set up partnership again and now all is well, just make sure you remember to chose "keep items on device or delete items on device" whick=h ever one you need.. Hope this helps..

Hey thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development