PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 07:15 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Anyone have a good link to details about 2011? I did some quick searching and did not come up with anything detailed.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 26| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Yea, did a post a while back on moving email to SD card (Sept?).. ANYONE ELSE HAVE INFO RE. MOVING TEXTS TO SD?
"phone moved slow and experienced SOD due to the data connection. whenever it tries to update my whole phone slows down to a crawl.."
Don't understand this?? Whenever "it" "tries to update".. what? My data connection is always on!....?
not the data connection being on necessarily more the auto updating of things like twitter tab. my tab has never updated automatically in the background, so when i turn it on i'll switch to the tab and if it's been more than an hour since the last update the time will suddenly switch and my phone will slow down significantly

I can say though that i did find one solution...the power savings tweak in BSB/HD2 Tweak/Advanced Config slowed down my phone a lot. I stopped doing this and not only does my phone battery last longer (weird), but i dont have resets during the day due to the phone freezing or slowing down too much.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jan 26| 21916|29007 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
not the data connection being on necessarily more the auto updating of things like twitter tab. my tab has never updated automatically in the background, so when i turn it on i'll switch to the tab and if it's been more than an hour since the last update the time will suddenly switch and my phone will slow down significantly

I can say though that i did find one solution...the power savings tweak in BSB/HD2 Tweak/Advanced Config slowed down my phone a lot. I stopped doing this and not only does my phone battery last longer (weird), but i dont have resets during the day due to the phone freezing or slowing down too much.
lol.. yea, I don't use any cabs at all anymore for power, batter, etc.. lol
dunno on the twitter, will defer to the twit gods.., was just trying to clarify the issue.. all I can think is that it's syncing tons of tweets causing some cpu load & bandwidth temporarily... just a guess ..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mizzourob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Feb 1| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

I was excited about the new sense version from the Oboe and tried the 6.5 reference rom today, but was disappointed that the RSS feed widget native to the Oboe rom was not present in this rom .
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
GSM RHOD folks over at XDA may be having the same issue it seems... guess I'll hold off on flashing Feb.01 for a bit to see the fall out. I use USB sync quite often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
I just flashed, and when I set up active sync partnership, I got an error, so I unpluged usb, and pluged back in and tryed to set up sync again, for some reason it changed my device id to WMADMINxxxx or somethin like that. so I unpluged usb again, and then in active sync I deleted all partnerships, pluged phone back in set up partnership again and now all is well, just make sure you remember to chose "keep items on device or delete items on device" whick=h ever one you need.. Hope this helps..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I assume you're talking about direct ActiveSync over cable? Push has been flawless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
I just added a contact in outlook while connected, and it is not syncing to my phone.. is this what you were talking about?

Shaolinslider's tip got it working again. I don't know what I did exactly, but I deleted the device from my laptop's sync program, and that seems to be what did it. I don't know why it worked...
And I went to work and tried syncing again, and it synced. Thanks.
(i hated not having my calendar. im so forgetful)

Edit: I repeat: I don't know what caused it not to sync, nor what caused it to sync after I erased my afterwork fiddling...
I guess this mystery is solved. All is well with the world again....except Egypt...pray for Egypt.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

email tab freezes for me /: on the Feb 1st Reference with Cookie 2.0 put on it
Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
lol.. yea, I don't use any cabs at all anymore for power, batter, etc.. lol
dunno on the twitter, will defer to the twit gods.., was just trying to clarify the issue.. all I can think is that it's syncing tons of tweets causing some cpu load & bandwidth temporarily... just a guess ..
Sounds about right. I'm a tweetaholic following 500+ people but i keep it at 50 tweets per update so i'm not sure. i have noticed that the tab stores them forever i dont think it ever deletes them unless you sign out and sign back in on the tab maybe? but storing those after a while probably has more of an effect than text if say every hour you download the minimum of 50, thats 1200 a day...i doubt anyone texts that much
Old 02-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

can someone provide me with a sencity feb 1rst rom mirror? My internet keeps going out, and thus hotfile makes me wait 30 minutes all over again! very frustrating! thanks in advance guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

Very glad to have the 28244 build back, it's the first rom in a while that i swear i could feel the difference. The Feb 1 rom fixed my lockup issues and feels very smooth so far. I'm really liking it! I don't even mind cookie 2 with this rom
Old 02-03-2011, 06:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
New WM builds not available

I have looked at DFT website with Google Translate, searching for new WM builds released.
I have seen there are roms cooked with 29009, 29011, 29013...but these builds weren't released to public...

I hope that in the next days everything will be ok again, so we will have new juice also from Microsoft!!

I am a little curious on what packages are cooked in 01feb roms...only the new manila (only Core, or all/near all the new tabs) or also some of the new 2020/2021 packages (there are a lot in the last Oboe rom)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development